Need to be added to project

Started by Henn Sarv on Sunday, January 27, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 121-150 of 205 posts

i support that idea because nowadays ... only the mother knows who is the real father of her child ...

Private

In some religions they focus on mothers and their ancestry, in others -like christianism & islam- the male is quite important. I am always seaching for the mother of a mother, maybe it's because I am a biologist with much interest in the human species, especially their behaviour by nature & nurture... And isn't it the mother that spents most of her time in elevation & bringing up to respectful representatives of the only species that can speak, write, read & listen to one another? groeten van Jeannette.
see also:
* http://www.geni.com/projects/index/8473

http://www.geni.com/projects/index/11399

Very interesting project for those who prefer to discover balanced genealogy...

Robert Klahn, very interesting. Richard was my 18th great uncle and his Brother, King Edward IV, was my 17th great grandfather.
http://www.geni.com/path/James+Millar+is+related+to+Edward+IV+of+En...

re: "i support that idea because nowadays ... only the mother knows who is the real father of her child ..." -- but not always. And sometimes that "not knowing" is a situation some would like to forget.

There are some trees that go back further than Adam - Mine included.

Years ago my father was telling us that our family dated back to Noah and that we had come off the ark. Mother piped up and said, "Wow is that right?" "Which animal?"

Jack, funny very funny! Your mother sounds like a real card. Good sense of humor!

review the Madagascar founded by 30 Indonesian women:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/30-Indonesian-Women-Settled-Madagasc...

DNA found in mitochondria, which contains some structural genes and is generally inherited only through the female line ...

Jack Scaife

Thanks for the laugh.

Andrei uSTARes ACOSTA
Thanks for the reference on Madagascar. I found that interesting.

Reg, depending on how you see the bible, how can a tree go back further than Adam?

-jM-Ⓓ-Vu-

Your name does not come out readable, here, but when I go to your profile it is.

I agree with what you are saying, about the mother being the one with the children. Long ago I read, the mother is the one most responsible for how well the child's education goes. Which is why I say, if you want your grandchildren educated, educate your daughters.

Great links, Andrei, thank you for sharing them.

Andrei uSTARes ACOSTA

Again, thank you. This time for the Anthropologist in the Attic link. It led me so many other places.

<<Reg, depending on how you see the bible, how can a tree go back further than Adam?>>

Robert

Some trees which were fabricated to appease kings and princes go back to Adam, (see lines of Welsh princes)

There are also a number of Norman trees that go back to Norse gods.

There is also a published tree which shows Adams forefathers –
Why must it be biblical?

Any tree going back to Adam must be regarded as fantasy.

You can not claim them being correct, even the biblical tree cannot be claimed as correct. After all you have take into account when it was written and why.

I think that this comment may well upset a number of people – but it has to be said.

Reg, I really agree with you! When you find out that god is your GGF it makes you upset. It should be an option, you can connect that line if you wish, but if you don´t you´ll be familiar with human beings. Even if the lines which are so old doesn´t make any sense I think, just for fun....

@Celia Wilkinson

What upsets me is seeing "Gaia (Earth)" on the Welsh genealogies as being deceased. It is premature, but it worries me. I suppose if it happens there will be no-one to change her status from "living" so it is a precaution, but all the same it is a bad omen.

What is the Geni protocol for ancestry to be based upon? Religious record, Longstanding Mythology, Discoveries of Science, Prospective theories of Ancient Aliens - or a mix of many?

GM

I think we pretty much have our own opinions on that. No one appears to be ready to punch anyone out for holding a different opinion. Not yet anyway.

Reg

I was thinking of more modern thinking. I hadn't considered the old lines drawn up to please those in power. That does make sense. I agree with you and Kaija, in older cases to satisfy the egos of the powerful, today for fun.

I haven't seen the Norse lines, but I had just mentioned to my wife some that go back to Greek gods, and how some probably go back to the Norse.

Wait a minute, Norman is French in origin, Norse is Germanic. Are you trying to make me think? This is my day off... why should I have to think?

Oh, yeah, I'm allowed to think on my own time. Ok, thanks.

Woodman

Nice comment on Gaia. I hadn't thought of it that way.

Robert

<<Wait a minute, Norman is French in origin, Norse is Germanic. Are you trying to make me think? This is my day off... why should I have to think?>>

I think you have missed out on your History classes :-(

The Normans were people of norse ancestry who settled in northern France.

The Normans (in French: Normands; in Latin Nortmanni; in German: Normannen) were the people[1] who gave their name to Normandy, a region in northern France. They were descended from North Germanic Norse Viking conquerors of the territory and the native population of Germanic Frankish[2] and Gallo-Roman stock.[3] Their identity emerged initially in the first half of the 10th century, and gradually evolved over succeeding centuries.

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normans

So, are we adding this guy to our projects? Yes or no?

Reg

Yeah, I know the Normans were from Northern France, and Northern France is next door to Germany. And I know there has been a lot of crossing over, not only in that area but all over. I knew it before I started in genealogy decades ago, but looking at the lines here it hits like a Mack Truck. BTW, the Mack Truck reference is also an old one. With lines going through Europe into the Middle East and around I can see that.

Which is why the "Are you trying to make me think..." on my day off was humor. After all, I learned back in high school, now nearly a half century ago, that the Roman Gods were derived from the Greeks. Then the college prof who explained that Sanscrit and English have the same roots in the Caucasus mountains, I get it that it runs all over the place. Now one more turn I have to think about. On my day off yet, that's too much to ask. I'd scream, but in cyberspace no one can hear you scream.

Robert

Dont forget that the French -"Franks" started off in Franconia in central Germany - so they are really Germans
:-)

Showing 121-150 of 205 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion