Susanna Fourie, b1 SM - Foster child?

Started by Peter Dennis...Gone fishing! on Friday, June 2, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts
6/2/2017 at 12:17 AM

why is she indicated as a foster child? I may be looking in the wrong places but cannot find any documentary records to this effect.

Private
6/2/2017 at 1:24 AM

Peter I can't tell. Any other people?

6/3/2017 at 12:45 AM

I'm not sure - and the book I need to check it in is at the coast - but I recall that one of these French Huguenot daughters is taken in by a neighbouring family when her mother dies, and then there are allegations of sexual abuse by the foster father. I don't want to say definitely that this was the girl until I've got the resource that proves it, because I may be slandering someone's grandpa erroneously.
Unless someone comes back with the reasons these foster parents were added, I'll remove them until I can get back to the coast to check if it was indeed Susanna Fourie involved.

6/4/2017 at 6:11 AM

No, I'm not remembering the same incident here. The one I'm thinking of is Elizabeth Vivier being fostered by her aunt Marie-Jeanne des Prez, b4 SM when her father dies and her mother can't afford to raise all her children.
Elizabeth is raped or seduced by their 26 yr old neighbour, the married surgeon, Charl Prieur du Plessis - and gives birth to a daughter.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion