ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Shmuel-Aharon Kam (Kahn / שמואל-אהרן קם (קאן on Sunday, September 5, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 6151-6180 of 8939 posts

Thanks Erica

Private User

It looks to me like Elizabeth (Blair) McCoy (1734-1804) is usually seen as "parents unknown.". However there is GEDCOM file out there, including on http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Blair-428 that has her (impossibly) as daughter of Am Rev vet Brice Blair, II , handily certified by the DAR with daughters Rebecca & Rachel - no Sarah.

He does have a sister Sally Blair (1741-1793) married Jeremiah Patrick. I do not think they are the same person.

I'm using this site as the guide: http://hausegenealogy.com/mccoy.html

And I'm doing disconnected. Making thanks for the sharp eyes.

Erica Howton
I try and keep an eye out for errors if I see them. However if that error there had been a Snake it would have bit me! Definitely looked like a job for Erica to handle........ Thanks Erica

I have married a woman to 3 men, including her son that only lived to be 8 (+/-). Harriet Coltrin should only be married to Graham Coltrin, not to John Telford or to William Coltrin. She may have been married to someone else also but I can deal with that later. Can you help please?

The revisions is clear - you made those connections your self.
The questions is: Why did you if you knew they was wrong?
Anyhow, I made the cuts for you, but as a Pro user you should be able to fix such your self in the Releationships tab of the profile.

I am sure you are right Bjorn, but Pro means that I pay to be a member, not that I'm a computer genius. I tried what you said but could not figure out the right answers. I don't remember things well that I don't use regularly. As for why; I didn't know they were wrong when I did them, although I'm not sure how the son got mixed up in it.

I thank you for your help sir.

Danny....you can do that kind of edit in 'profile' view....just go to 'relationships'; wait a moment so they can LOAD...and then you can see parents, spouses...etc...

Relationships will appear in ANY profile...the children would also have parents, their own spouses, etc..

Thank you Fay, I was able to change her other 2 children using your instructions. Now if I could remember it when I need it next time.

Only 2 things to remember.....TREE view (to add people)....and PROFILE view ...(all sorts of uses; but 'relationships' is there...and more complete than in tree view...which only gives you marriage).

No problem...I had to have someone tell me too.

It has come to my attention that there is a mistaken connection on my tree and I am unable to reverse it.

Sally Maria Sholes Sally Sholes father is listed as Hezekiah Seymour Hezekiah Seymour. This relationship has not been verified. (He did have a daughter named Sally, but we cannot verify that it is the same person. The dates do not match up.)

Is it possible to remove Hezekiah Seymour as Sally Seymour Sholes father?

Private User The profile is private so curators should not change it. Make her public and it will be done

Thank you very much! I have changed the profile of Sally Maria Sholes to public.

Private User Poor Sally is now an orphan!

LOL Eldon....

Maybe we should post a 'Missing Person's" alert for poor Sally....fid her a home?

I will let Private User do that. It was her request after all.

I am in a really bad mood. Someone is messing w/ my tree. My 5 ggfather is no name. Can you help me find the culprit?
Capt. Samuel Freeman
his dad too
Do I have to stand guard over my tree? Not happy

I do know it's not just my tree & I know I have collaborators.

I'm sending you a private message Faustine. After we discuss we'll update this thread.

Interestingly, Revisions claims there is a current value (not blank, but actual names) for First Name, Last Name, and Birth Surname - even tho Profile shows none and edit shows none. --- Is this a Bug?

(Erica - if you can include a comment about that, as well as whatever else you choose to update us on, after talking with Faustine - would appreciate. Do appreciate your informing the rest of us as well as Faustine with comment above)

I agree Private User.

It was odd, I agree.

Lois & Hatte - please clarify for me where you saw the difference in "revisions" - was that from the revisions tab or from overview > history > facts > compare?

From Actions > Conflicting data I saw unresolved data conflicts (I've since resolved). Could that be the reason for the view you're reporting?

I had clicked on Revisions, then clicked on "view" for the revisions - especially those indicating changes to name. None showed name changed to blank, all agreed "current" had name.

That is still the case -- None show name ever changed to blank - also now, checked Overview -> History -> Facts -> Compare for the last several sets of changes to Name before my July 9 comment - and it also agrees, name never blank - and reported the exact same changes as reported from "view" from Revisions Tab (as should be the case, so something working!) -- YET we all saw name was blank, so clearly something not working!!

You would have to ask a Programmer if it is possible for Conflicting data to cause such a Bug -- but I would say definitely it is a Bug, not something that "ought" to be reported that way whether there is conflicting data or not. (I suppose one of us could try deleting the data in a name, where there is no conficting data, and seeing what is reported in Revisions and History. Just not anxious to make a mess of any profiles right now.)

Thank you Lois, I agree. I am now thinking when the "revert" was made, the (blank name) values were not captured in the revision database story although the dates and locations that were wiped out were. I'm reporting this as a bug.

Could someone please complete this merge for me:

http://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000000435343282?from_flash=1&...

One of them is a zombie.

Thanks!

Done

Thanks Rafi!

Erica Howton, Private User - seems to be bug in revisions. To restore deleted names (for the big tree, multi-managed profiles) user shall at least twice confirm correct values with "Use Selected".

Sent raport to Geni about Revisions

Agree & thank you, Lauri.

Showing 6151-6180 of 8939 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion