for curators: my profile is good enough to be a Master Profile!

Started by Erica Howton on Thursday, October 28, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 61-90 of 1795 posts

Hatte,

Richard Williams is now an MP and I'm "following" the Williams Project so I can add anyone who belongs to it.

Erica Howton Thanks Erica! Currently I'm working on the Margolis Frankel Project but will go to the Richard Williams Project later this week.

This one is going to have to be made into an MP:

Elizabeth de Burgh

It would be all too easy for the careless merge monkey to come along and merge her into this existing MP:

Lady Elizabeth de Burgh, 4th Countess of Ulster

BTW, didn't see Elizabeth Zouche as a documented wife of Lionel of Antwerp in FMG... just this Elizabeth and someone named Violante (with a name like that for a bride-to-be, Lionel was a much braver man than I)...

Elizabeth de Burgh is now an MP.

If you noticed, I begged off the French upthread. If you don't get a response from another curator in this thread, feel free to geni-mail the appropriate curator directly ... we all love you even though you DON'T work for geni. :) :)

I love you all too, Erica... now tell me who to pester about my Froggie ancestors....

I'll take the ones who went to New Jersey. Try Gene Daniell or Mimi Arcala for the actual French French.

Oh or Peter Dutton.

I think all three of them feel comfortable with French and in that period.

Ben,

Reduced the list of "froggies." I left for other curators ones who went to Quebec or were earlier ancestors in Europe.

So you want the other Joisey froggies? (They didn't really stick around long after it became New York...)

So contestants in the Fight for Froggies are: Gene Daniell, Mimi Arcala, and Peter Dutton... not many in the Malott lineup, but there are a slew of them in the de La Chaumette line...

ones that didn't reach the New World, that is...

I am comfortable with my knowledge of northeastern United States geography in the Colonial American period, regardless of language of originating country. I think that's a good way to think about it.

Not going to be able to get anything out tonight... dropping off at the computer. (In case there is any question, with pisco, I'd already be asleep...)

So will try to post more New World froggies tomorrow... sometime....

Captain Stephen Stow is ready to be a Master Profile

I'm going to tackle the Stowes, Hawleys, Lymans, Beechers who all seem to be related. I am related to Calvin Ellis Stowe, Harriet Beecher Stowe's husband and also to her since she is a Stowe descendant as well.

My great grandmother was Hattie (Harriett) Hawley Stowe and Stephen Stow, the Martyr of Milford, is my 5th great grandfather.

I want to figure out how these families intermarried and learn more about them, so I'll be starting a project. Not sure what to name it. Famous Stowes and the families they married with?

Put the Names of the Families first (learned that one the hard way).

Such as

Stowe / Beecher / Lyman Families

Thanks Erica.

John Stowe, of Roxbury

I'd like to make the founder of the Stowe family a master profile. I am not the manager. I am working on the Stowe family and their relationship with the Beecher / Lyman / Hawley families.

Harriett Beecher, her father Lyman Beecher, and his mother Esther Lyman were descendants of the Hawley and Stowe families through their ancestors Hope Stowe (daughter of Ichobod who was the grandson of John Stowe, III) and her husband Jehiel Hawley.

Calvin Ellis Stowe was also a direct descendant of John Stowe, III

Mary Twitchell sister of Edward Riggs, IV. The latter is an MP.

Hatte - I've made both John and Mary MPs.

For clarification - have you already started a project for the Stowe / Beecher / Lyman / Hawleys and would like to have all of the mentioned profiles added to it? (I wasn't able to find it but will look again.)

photo owned by Tamara Tucker Swingle

Hatte, I have a project for Edward Riggs, III and his descendants. I see he's also been added to the John Johnson project. Is he connected to the Stowe/Beecher/ Lyman /Hawleys? I knew I was connected to some of these families. Edward Riggs is a gr (I forget the number) grandfather of mine.

Hatte - I've found the Stowe... project and am working on adding to it the profiles you mentioned above.

Okay... have a verifiable Confederate officer to turn into an MP...

2nd Lt. Daniel Seymour Stuart, (CSA)

Still working out the other Rebs...

Ben - The Lieutenant is now a MP and is added to the US Civil War Notables project.

Appreciate that, Jenna...

Ben,

I added The Notorious Captain John Stone to the "Pirates and Privateers" Project.

I'm off to work on my ancestors for the American Revolution Project. Apparently they're accepting non generals and your general wagon train drivers.

Here's to the ordinary joes!

Private User and Private User Thank you both for helping with this project. See the discussion I just bumped about the mess this family is in. I have not been able to fix the mess myself. I probably made more of a mess.

Joe the Wagoneer, precursor to Joe the Plumber? I try so hard to stay out of American politics... I really do.

But thanks for promoting my family pirate Erica... Still looking for a family witch. All I can find though are saint-killers in my ancestry... I mean not even a highwayman - a victim of a highwayman, sure, but... oh well. We deal with what we get... nonetheless, many thanks.

BTW the Westward Expansion Project has been started. Go Younger Gang!

I'm going to load Belle Starr into it now ....

Annie Oakley
This profile of Annie Oakley could be added to the Westward Expansion Project, Erica.

Wyatt Earp
Here's another good one. I'm not in this project, or would add them myself. I'm getting too many irons in the fire.

Showing 61-90 of 1795 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion