Geni Pro Just Got a Whole Lot Better

Started by Private User on Thursday, August 11, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 271-300 of 1836 posts

Is that Yikes in my favor or what. Do all you now see why I am annoyed

Sorry people Have to get some sleep . Had bad day. Soc Sec check is missing because of bank merger, dam those merges. They negated to inform us that all acct number, tacking numbers ete were being change. mean this check is missing , my pension check is now going to not be direct deposited for this month but my reg pay did get deposited all my check I sent out are now late because the acct number on them no longer exist. isn't that just great . bank will pay me back for late fees and they'll have to give me new checks. They apologize. Other people having same problem! Then there is the geni problem They did give us a new ATM card. Who paid attention to numbers as I walk in they know me. They have my acct pulled up before I get to the window and are ready to give me a balance or what ever I want.

yeah i def see why your annoyed.. for more reasons then one now.. lol

Well, at least they found my Soc. Sec . check! They were supose to contact me if they found it but they didn't. I only found out this morning when i WENT IN TO GET SOME CASH AND LOW AND BEHOLD IT WAS DIRECT DEPOSITED.

lets see scrabble check.. food check water check.. blankie check... batteries check.. first aid check.. radio check.. doggie.. check.. roomate check.. pretty much got every thing i need before the crap hits the fan here in portland..

hopefully this storm won't be too bad

Same here Michael...what part of the path are you in....I'm at the final punch (NH)....always have water, batteries, wood (alt heat source), etc since the 10 day power outage in winter of 2009 (was late 2008, but they call it the 2009 season)....was 'very interesting'...

When I go to work today pick up flashlights, band aids. and water. Cats have enough food and I will bring carriers into house in case have get out but if son is at work there will be no getting out. maybe put all gen. in rolling suit case so I can take it with me. He, son, thinks I am stupid to be worried. Well, if the roof comes off where he works it's his problem, His store is in Revere , off the marsh and out in the open. Hope the car makes it through it or neither of us are going anywhere.

Marion,
Next week I'm going to call my bank and ask for an alternative way of paying Geni.
I don't want a Visa, as my Dankort normally is OK to me when I buy from Danish e-shops. I don't like my cardinfo to be stored by Geni. We learn about internet security here in Denmark ;-)
I'll let you know. Until then I'll enjoy my genealogy - I have a lot to add to the branches within my locked tree :-) But wonder about possible dublicates now I'm not able to check up on this.
I feel sorry for Geni - but really it's not my problem how they manage their company. There are bigger problems in the world - just heard in the news that the two little Danish girls in the accident in Germany was anaesthetized (bedøvet). So sad.

There is a way out of this Geni problem, I'm quite sure.

So.......now Pro's cant enter burial locations to public profiles.......how terribly democratic of them...........(before they jump on me...you can enter them all you want, they just won't show)..

Fay Elizabeth Dyer, that was fixed in yesterdays release. The simple reason was that this field was not under revision control yet.

http://www.geni.com/blog/todays-release-notifications-surnames-and-...

I read that, Bjorn.....the profile I just entered today, PUBLIC, no matches, NOT a MP....took the data re burial location in the "edit" profile, but it does not show in full profile....

So...it WAS 'Public"
It was NOT (but is now), and MP...

Fay Elizabeth Dyer The burial location missing from a profile is a bug. We are going to fix that asap.

Til Henny

Tak, jeg sætter pris at du forsøger at hjælpe mig

They had a minor glitch in the release: "The release inadvertently removed burial location from the face of the profile. We will get that fixed today.".

that's been fixed i think got notice of a 20 min down time...

@Judith Loubris. Why don't you be for real? YOU wrote me first with a really RUDE email, and when I sent you a just-as-rude email back, you went and posted it half-baked in this discussion. Here's the ORIGINAL conversation:

Judith A. loubris
8/23/2011 at 11:11 PM

Dear (No Name),

I am contacting you about this profile: Thomas Foxall Whoever this is better straighten this out . There is no such manager as no name just me Judith A Loubris. Fix it. Fix all of them.
Sincerely,

Judith A. loubris
Transparent Thomas Foxall

My Response
8/24/2011 at 4:37 PM
EXCUSE ME?! Keep your demands to yourself. If you want to merge YOUR profile with MINE then ask a curator, otherwise don't tell me YOU OWN my profile or that there is no such thing as NO NAME. I can be whomever I want. For YOUR benefit I put some letters in...MY name is NONE of your business.
----------------

PS
YOU are ONE reason why I don't enjoy this site as much, among a few others. I can have an alias if I want. I'm a living person, so really who I am is NONE of your business. Period. Others already know who I am. It's a need to know basis, and you don't need to know. I'm not harassing anyone on this site, sabotaging or vandalizing...so you're tattling on me in here and on the side is POINTLESS.

play nicely now.. there is plenty of room in the sandbox..

@Michael, nothing is hitting the fan, just truth being told.

Oh, and hello Erica Howton, been awhile since we "spoke." I can send you the forward, but I already posted it here. Judith's story is missing some pieces. ;)

Have a great weekend. I'm out of here.

i knew that was just kidding around..

The downtime was related to a recalcitrant database (I put it in its place). I *just* released the fix for burial location on the profile page.

OK....Graveyard photos are still there, place of burial is in the EDIT screen, is NO LONGER on profile....the Find a grave etc. still shows where-ever you put it; whether into photos or docs, and it still count as a documents/source...

The place of burial has been removed from ALL profiles, but is still in the edit data for place of burial.

Fay can you check the profile page again? It should be fixed now....

Private when I sent the emails to a curator I forwarded both emails. I did enter the profiles alone. i did not ask this No Name to be a manager because one I didn't want anyone else involved. 2 >) i DON'T KNOW how to ask any one to be manager or collaborate. I have colaborated with a couple people and one person asked to be put on as manager and this person had a name.Don't remember who it was or what profile but they had a real name. When I posted your reponce it was at the request of a curator and I didn't know at that time how to send the email to this person. I since then have been enlighten on that procedure. So Private, my story isn't missing pieces nor is it a story. By the way why do you keep changing your handle? Just curious!

PS I did say that. This was after several attempts at getting back shared control of profiles I had introduced to the system. I repeat all Since the only other name on profiles and sometime the only name of manager was NO Name, how else could I have adressed it. And yes I wanted it fixed and I still do. I wanted and want to do is be able to add profiles to my direct line and some of the off shoots. Is that too much to ask? I think not.

Michael, I agree there is plenty of room in the sand box, but it appears we all can't play in it. At least not at this time. Too bad. Personelly I don't care who's manager with me as long as I don't disappear and can add profiles.

Mike.....Burial location IS where its supposed to be...Sorry I didn't get back to you right away....watching weather predictions.

@Mike Stangel,

during Basic data entry - Birth Name - goes back to Previous (blank, etc.) - when the Detail Location info. is being entered

Peter are you talking about adding new profiles or editing existing ones? If editing, in the tree or on the profile page? What do you mean by Detail Location?

Just checked a Profile where death location and burial location were recently changed/entered. Profile currently shows values in both. Revisions List gives the change/new values BUT when click on "View" - fields/boxes show empty (both for previous and current).

Showing 271-300 of 1836 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion