Cleopatra VII Thea Philopator, Queen of Egypt - Cleopatra VII Thea Philopator, Queen of Egypt

Started by Private User on Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 21 posts
Private User
2/28/2012 at 6:38 AM

When I started on my ancestry a few years ago, I never dreamed the path it would lead me to.
I have been blessed to meet new family I would never have known to have had I not taken this journey. I have Greek and Italian history along with Sweddish and many other nationalities.
Thank you for finding me and to I hope leads to a forever friendship.

With that said, would love to offer to you if you ever come to America (Chicago or California) a visit to wolf sanctuary. This is my profession. I woork with wolves and wolfdogs. It is an exsperience you will never forget.

Again thank you.
Denise
(p.s. no spell check sorry for mistakes)

2/28/2012 at 4:14 PM

"Who Wants To Be a Millionaire" just had a question today, 2/28/2012 about Cleopatra being the most evil person.

Private User
2/28/2012 at 4:26 PM

Not evil smart. Remember times were much different, she was a pioneer.
Denise

She was probably thought of as evil because she was of the Ptolemies, who were famous for marrying within their family. They were also well known for their murderous aims and often plotted to kill one another to gain power. Cleopatra’s sister Arsinoe attempted to have herself declared queen of Egypt. So Cleopatra ordered that her sister be killed. Cleopatra was not interested in sharing power and was not going to risk any threats from her family members.

But she was very smart ...Cleopatra would have been a part of this learned environment. She grew up studying and memorizing literary works which taught about history, religion and philosophy.

She also studied public speaking, math, music, astronomy and geometry. She used this knowledge in her many duties as queen. She organized an army, acted as a judge, controlled the value of the country’s money, secured Egypt’s economy and was a huge supporter of the arts. She was also able to use image as a powerful queen to influence others.

2/28/2012 at 7:04 PM

Private User

By puting your E-mail in this public discussion, you have left yourself open to a lot of spam.

I recommend you delete the entry and send a message if you wish to give someone such personal information.

Private User
2/28/2012 at 7:05 PM

Thank you.

2/28/2012 at 8:07 PM

You're Welcome!

8/3/2012 at 1:04 AM

Hi Denise. You are my 20th cousin thrice removed. ;)

1/3/2014 at 7:53 AM

Cleopatra VII Philopator, Pharaoh of Egypt
she is my 62nd great grandmother
with d Marcus Antonius "Mark Antony" as, my 62nd great grandfather

1/3/2014 at 8:15 AM

Cleopatra VII Thea Philopator, Queen of Egypt is my 60th great grandmother.

1/3/2014 at 8:21 AM

An interesting point is brought up in the New York Times article link below, i.e.
. . . "that the first drafts of Cleopatra’s life were written by followers of her enemy Octavian (who vanquished her and Antony, and went on to become Caesar Augustus) and that the great poets of Latin literature were “happy to expound on her shame.” "

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/02/books/02book.html?pagewanted=all&...

1/3/2014 at 8:26 AM

Cleopatra VII Thea Philopator, Queen of Egypt is Heidi Kärblane (Kötsi)'s 61st great grandmother!

1/3/2014 at 8:30 AM

What a great article, Malka!

1/3/2014 at 8:54 AM

Justin Durand Totally agree! In fact, sounds like the perfect novel to enjoy while snowed in ;-) http://www.amazon.com/Cleopatra-A-Life-Stacy-Schiff/dp/B004GNOBYS/r...

Private User
1/4/2014 at 6:45 AM

Hi there, Cleopatra VII is my 59th great grandmother. I would recommend you to read not only the New York Time article but the original book (already translated on several languages)
CLEOPATRA, A Life. By Stacy Schiff, 2011, Publisher: Little, Brown & Company, 432 pages, ISBN-13: 9780316001946
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/cleopatra-stacy-schiff/1100163884?e...
The book is not based on Shakespeare's myths, but is based on historical documents. The book is very interesting and it is hard to put it down, so you will read it in just few days/nights.

2/10/2014 at 12:11 PM

Hail Cleopatra VII, Daughter of the Nile, New Isis, Goddess and All-Mother, and my 60th Great Grandmother. I bid your husband and my 60th Great Grandfather Marc Antony a Happy Afterlife!

I bear kind greetings from my 59th Great Uncle Gaius Julius Caesar, First Emperor of Rome!

Private User
2/13/2014 at 11:11 AM

Hey GG daughters of Cleopatra VII! I'm starting a photography / documentary project and I am looking to photograph GG daughters of Cleopatra.
contact me if you are also a gg daughter of hers.

I'm the IMDB.com, Sheila A House.

sheila@sheilahouse.com

Private User
2/13/2014 at 11:25 AM

Cleopatra VII Thea Philopator, Queen of Egypt is my 52nd great grandmother... There are many of us!

Private User
2/13/2014 at 1:12 PM

Private User I sent you a message through contact my email is lee- arendse@hotmail.co.uk

Private User
2/21/2014 at 4:19 AM

@Sheila House Greetings from your 24th cousin in Finland. According to Geni, Cleopatra VII Thea Philopator is my 64th ggm. Sirpa

Showing all 21 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion