I have a connection to Guilford, surprise

Started by Hatte Anne Blejer on Sunday, August 12, 2012
Showing all 10 posts
8/12/2012 at 7:27 PM

This is pretty amazing. Two of these men were my ancestors -- William Leete, Colonial Governor of New Haven and Connecticut was my 8th ggf and Thomas French was also an 8th ggf of mine. I just found out about Thomas French tonight.

8/12/2012 at 8:28 PM

Why are so surprised. It's a swamp there. Welcome to Guilford!

8/12/2012 at 9:34 PM

I had so many ancestors in CT, but only Wm Leete in Guilford I thought :)

8/12/2012 at 9:39 PM

Hatte Anne Blejer William Leete is my 9th ggfather :)

I'm related to him through his grandaughter Mehitable Hooker.

8/12/2012 at 9:51 PM

Randy Stebbing You and I share 2 or 3 direct ancestors as I remember. You are second only to Private User in how related we are. Of course, Justin Durand and I are still hoping to share a 6th or 7th great grandfather, but we'll see.

photo owned by Tamara Tucker Swingle
Private User
8/13/2012 at 7:37 AM

William Leete is my 7th cousin 10 times removed. And I know I'm a direct French descendant, although that's on my dad's side, and the relationship path for this Thomas French is on my mom's side, and not direct.

So, Hatte, if I go back enough generations, do we share a Leete ancestor?

8/13/2012 at 8:33 AM

Hi Hatte and Randy: I'm connected to both of them too, but not as closely as you! Thomas French is my 5th great aunt's 4th great grandfather, and William Leete is my 5th cousin 15 times removed!

And yes, Hatte, you were right, I'm connect to Justin Swanstrom too--he's my 10th cousin.

As you suggested, I should ask Randy to help me with my mysterious Fletcher line too!

Della

8/13/2012 at 11:09 AM

I think we need to have a contest to see who is connected to the most Colonial Americans. It won't be me since half my DNA is not Colonial American, but even with only 1/2, I'll give you all a run for the money.

8/13/2012 at 11:40 AM

I concede already! I think I break down (so far) on my Colonial American 1/2 as 1/8 English New England, and most of them are incredibly obscure. Even my Guilford guy is "a lesser Freeman."

Lesser! Sheesh.

8/13/2012 at 7:56 PM

My mom got her mtDNA results.

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion