Chapter IV: Descendants of R. Jonah Teomim (author of Kikayon DeYonah)

Started by Private User on Sunday, December 23, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts
Private User
12/23/2012 at 2:44 PM

This Chapter is currently shown on the project page as being descendants of Unknown Profile

But his children as currently shown on Geni don't appear in Chapter IV of the book.

There is some correlation of the 10 children of Rabbi Yona Frankel Teomim, the "Kikayon DeYonah" with the 7 children G6.1 to G6.7 shown in Chapter 4 on pages 243 to 267 of the book.

I would suggest changing the progenitor of Chapter IV on the project page, and taking a very close look at the children of both R Jonah profiles on Geni to see which really belong there and which don't. Easiest way to do this may be through curator notes.

Private User
12/23/2012 at 3:05 PM

I found the "missing" child of Rabbi Yona Frankel Teomim, the "Kikayon DeYonah"

So he now has 11 children on Geni. I ordered their birth order on Geni so that the first 7 correspond with Ch IV of the book. The next 4 come from I know not where.

The 6 children of Unknown Profile also come from I know not where.

12/23/2012 at 7:00 PM

Ok. Not sure if that other Jonah should be merged. Changed the project page. Feel free to edit the project page.

Private User
12/23/2012 at 7:06 PM

Thanks Randy for changing the project page. I tried to edit it - but you and I were editing at the same time and my changes got overwritten.

I wouldn't like to merge the two Jonahs - I suspect that the second Jonah's children belong elsewhere. It is possible that merges have brought in all kinds of extra descendants into the Geni tree who do not belong as Ktz. descendants.

12/23/2012 at 7:42 PM

I may have been editing at the same time too.

Some of it has been tidied up Randy but as people edit its appearance is going to go all over the place again. You are correct, we are stuck with asterisks. I will put in a request to Mike re the double line spacing.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion