I was researching my tree where I had found Zephanaih Wood.

Started by Gillian Redound Weathers on Monday, August 12, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 15 posts
8/12/2013 at 4:06 PM

Their were 4 of them. I poked and searched and finally sorted them out. They were 4 distinct people. Now I have a pile of people who want matches to good old Zeph but their information is a mixture of the 4 of them one mans birth date and another man's birthplace. I understand how confusing it is but I can't do matches when the information is all mixed together and I am a newbie and lost. I need a person with real expertise to help me sort out what to do please.

8/12/2013 at 4:51 PM

Zephaniah Wood is the concerned individual.
I have no opinions.

8/12/2013 at 8:17 PM

Hi Gillian Redound Weathers. We can help you. Tagging Erica Howton in case I am too busy this week.

Can you go to the "URL" in the Internet address location at the top of your browser when you are looking at Zephaniah Wood in PROFILE VIEW? Cut and paste the URL into this discussion so we know which Zephaniah Wood. We'll make him a Master Profile and add an About Me and Curator's Notes so he can't be merged.

Then let's sort the other 3 out and also make them MPs with notes, sources, and good About Mes. That should help keep them straight.

8/12/2013 at 8:36 PM

Zephaniah Wood
That would be great. I will get the others. I leave today so it will make feel I gave something back.

8/12/2013 at 9:11 PM

Gillian - GREAT work with overviews & sources, thank you so much.

I made Master Profiles on up to here:

Hannah Wood

This will help the merges & make it easier for everyone to research.

Keep the Zephaniah's coming ....

8/12/2013 at 9:12 PM

Great, Erica has already MPed your Zephaniah! Thanks.

8/12/2013 at 9:13 PM

http://www.geni.com/path/Hatte+Blejer+is+related+to+Zephaniah+Wood?...

And as I thought, he is a relative of mine :)

8/12/2013 at 9:27 PM

http://records.ancestry.com/Zephaniah_Wood_records.ashx?pid=20133559

Supposed to be his son born in 1808.

http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?gl=ROOT_CATEGORY&ran...
1800 United States Federal Census Census & Voter Lists View Image
Name: Zephaniah Wood
Residence: city, Worcester, Massachusetts

Massachusetts, Marriages, 1633-1850 Birth, Marriage & Death
Name: Zephaniah Wood
Spouse: Patty Gardner
Marriage: date - city, Nantucket, Massachusetts

Okay. there are now a bucket load. It was a bit like throwing popcorn to cod.

The four I ran into had the following wives or parents.

Zephaniah Wood 1808 Betsy Manchester had George Wood who married Harriet Stickney this line seems to be distinct from mine
Zephaniah Wood Lemuel Wood and Rebecca Tupper (My line)
Zephaniah Wood Thomas Wood Hannah Alden (My line)
Zephaniah Wood David Wood Silence Clapp (daughter of Joshua Clapp and Silence Bird) this Zephaniah married Mary Lyon
It is a mess. But kind of a delicious mess. I have the ancestor and I think his uncle but the rest, way beyond me.

8/13/2013 at 9:49 AM

I have a couple of question that are a little off direct subject. I am use to working with genealogy programs like PAF where you use maiden names so you see where you are going. Geni does not why not? Is it a computer thing? And is anyone out there in charge of a MP of Thomas, John and Rebecca Rolfe's?

8/13/2013 at 6:00 PM

Geni is much more sophisticated than programs like PAF and allows you to customize name display to best suit you, you do it here

http://www.geni.com/account_settings/name_preferences

Can you post links (URLs) to the profiles you're concerned with? And / or

- start discussions from the "discussion tab" of the profile
- use "contact manager" - it goes to the 20 most recently active managers & curator if any

8/14/2013 at 8:36 AM

Erica you are the greatest Thank you. I was having a hard time tagging sources and doing searches as I think in maiden names and trying to remember someone's third husband's name is great for Find a Grave not so great when tagging sources on census.

8/14/2013 at 8:53 AM

Since I am the manger to my own little branch I have created here I guess I will have to bug you once again.
Gillian is my sister-in -law and I know that this family relationship was there for over thirty years and because of how Geni was set up I was able to set it out and source it like this.
It is the " Red Bolling" line that goes through
Unknown Profile
and John Rolfe to son Thomas etc. to Gillian and Ken and their desendants

8/14/2013 at 11:24 AM

Oh boy you *would* have a genealogically controversial area, ack! :):)

Merge your branch starting here

Pocahontas

Given your beautifully sourced tree I expect we'll be able to resolve discrepancies easily.

Private User is probably more familiar with the various Bolling issues than I am so I'm sure she'll take a look / see also.

8/14/2013 at 1:09 PM

Debra's work is impressive and thorough. Actually I had heard about the connection with Pocahontas from a member of the family team who do such excellent work on the Purviance family. She saw my ancestry and said ahh, you are from the line that has Pocahontas. I would love to have that kind of foundation knowledge.
Gillian

Private User
8/15/2013 at 12:36 PM

Thanks for tagging me, Erica. Debra has also been proactive and sent me a request for help.

Ladies, it's jelly season. Give me a week to 10 days to have space again (and a much cooler room) to work in and I'll be glad to pitch in.

Showing all 15 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion