Started by Private User on Sunday, September 1, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 22 posts
Private User
9/1/2013 at 4:31 AM

about the reletion between this famous author and another famous english citizen, I suppose...

9/1/2013 at 6:33 AM

William Shakespeare is my 18th cousin 8 times removed.

Private User
9/1/2013 at 7:07 AM

William Shakespeare is your 6th cousin 17 times removed.

Private User
9/1/2013 at 11:29 AM

William Shakespeare is my 14th cousin 11 times removed.

9/1/2013 at 1:31 PM

William Shakespeare is my 8th Cousin 12 times removed and Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford is my 7th Cousin 11 times removed. No matter how things turn out in the authorship claim they are both relatives of mine.

Private User
9/2/2013 at 2:30 AM

thanks all for your feedback, for I really am a poetry-reader, but in English is rather difficult for Dutch people, so I usually buy translations. For only who is the BEST translator for SHAKESPEARE to DUTCH e/o GERMAN? Someone knows perhaps? thankyou, Jeannette.

Private User
9/7/2013 at 3:38 PM

William Shakespeare is my 16th cousin 12 times removed

9/7/2013 at 7:21 PM

William Shakespeare is your fifth cousin 15 times removed.
You
→ Linda Sue Cox
your mother → Gladys Mae Lockwood Tyler (Kelley)
her mother → Vivian Lucille Kelley/Payne/Smith (Cromer)
her mother → Floyd Francis Cromer
her father → Elizabeth Ann Cromer (Grosvenor)
his mother → Araminta Margaret Grosvenor (Whitney) Houser
her mother → Francis Tufts Whitney
her father → Joseph Whitney
his father → Mercy Nancy Whitney (Hinkley)
his mother → Thankful Hinckley
her mother → Eleazer Atwood
her father → Stephen Joseph Atwood, Jr.
his father → Abigail Atwood
his mother → Deacon John Dunham
her father → Janet Dunham
his mother → Elizabeth Fortescue
her mother → Anne Fortescue
her mother → Sir William Stonor, Kt.
her father → Sir Thomas Stonor, II, Kt.
his father → Thomas Stonor, I
his father → Joan de Hampden
his mother → Sir John de Hampden
her son → Eleanor de Arden
his daughter → Thomas Arden
her son → Robert Arden
his son → Mary Shakespeare
his daughter → William Shakespeare
her son

9/7/2013 at 11:22 PM

Ian & I are winning

William Shakespeare is your 6th cousin 12 times removed.

http://www.geni.com/path/Erica+Howton+c+is+related+to+William+Shake...

Joan de Pulford, heiress of Pulford is my common ancestor to wee Willy Shakes the spear

9/8/2013 at 12:18 AM

What, you're a believer that a "commoner" can't be a genius?

He had a good Latin grammar school education, he was around sophisticated & educated Londoners early on, etc. I'm not sure the playwright & the sonnet writer are the same person but this would be like saying "Chaucer the spy couldn't possibly have written what he did.". Or Cervantes. Or Tom Fielding. Etc.

Private User
9/8/2013 at 3:04 AM

You know some people say the his real last name was Washington!Shakespeare was just his pen name!

Private User
9/8/2013 at 3:07 AM

I am supost to be connected somehow(I don't remember off hand) but I am taking that with a grain of salt! Or should I say " To be or not to be t. That is the question!"

9/8/2013 at 8:01 PM

Erica, me then, you and wearing the bronze is Ian, thus far. ;-) <3
I was lucky enough to actually, have visited some of the most infamous locations connected to Shakespeare, during Summer European Vacations, with my boarding school! I even took home a build it yourself copy of his Amphitheater, where many of his works, were Presented. *really, important stuff, as a young an budding Thespian at that time, in my life. /-*

9/8/2013 at 8:06 PM

Did you get to check out his daughter's home in Stratford on Avon?

9/8/2013 at 8:30 PM

That's where we were, yes! :-)) u soooo know!

9/8/2013 at 8:37 PM
9/8/2013 at 8:41 PM

Dang !

9/8/2013 at 8:50 PM

I should get closer, but Geni doesn't do it that way --

On another line, my 13th great uncle Thomas Quiney, Sr. married Shakespeare's daughter Judith.

http://www.geni.com/path/Justin+Swanstr%C3%B6m+is+related+to+Judith...

I had the pleasure of pointing out this connection to Sir Anthony Wagner, whose book Pedigree & Progress (1975) dealt with some of Shakespeare's lateral connections.

9/8/2013 at 9:25 PM

William is my 1st Cousin 13 times removed - His father John is my 13th Great Uncle

9/8/2013 at 10:35 PM

Especial for Renee and Erica!
William Shakespeare is your 11th cousin 14 times removed

Thomas Quiney is your 11th cousin 13 times removed.

Oh dear girls! I have some news to impart! I actually dont mind not being closely related to old Bill. Urmmmmmm, my part in all of this is that I drive to work past Mary Arden's house in Wilmcote, then my office just happens to be on the same street as the RSC rehearsal rooms and warehouse. For shopping I adore Stratford upon Avon and often park my car opposite Dr John Halls House. The house where William Shakespeare was born is locally known as "the birthplace". It is a fabulous and much treasured haunt for the many visitors to Stratford. At Christmas they do candle lit tours of the house, so beautiful. I feel very privileged to live in such a wonderfully historic area. We have such a fabulous national heritage and I live on the door step of a great amount of it. To walk where Shakespeare walked or have a drink in The Garrick Inn where so many of his contemporaries spent time (air conditioned now) is just amazing. Forgive a proud relatives ramblings, I recently met up with a woman I started school with in September 1962, we met at the RSC where her son has won a one year scholarship to study drama. So imagine a pair of middle aged Mums sat gossiping on the balcony sipping sodas watching the ducks and swans on the river Avon! So as not to despair others, I would be happy to chat to you both in a separate discussion. Looking forward to hearing from you both xx

9/8/2013 at 11:04 PM

What a wonderful word picture, Lesley-Anne! I've mostly been in NYC which is quite historic (by USA standards) & of course quite "theatrical." :):)

9/9/2013 at 2:48 PM

Awesome! And I've spent time all over the globe. NYC/NJ, Florida, Texas, North Carolina, Bahsmas, Puerto Rico, Korea, Greece, and Germany!

Showing all 22 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion