Request use of SmartCopy here!

Started by Dan Cornett on Tuesday, June 2, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing 91-120 of 3149 posts

Can you please give me access?

Troy Kevin Parkinson,

Check your Geni messages for the introductory message.

I would like to request use of SmartCopy
Thank you

Private, please check your messages. Jim

May I have access to SmatCopy, please

I would like to request use of SmartCopy

Private User - please check your Msg. inbox

Please add me to smart copy. Thank you in anticipation!

Deirdre Teresa Morella, your invitation has been sent. Please check your Geni messages. Jim, Geni Curator

Thank you Jim!

I am requesting access to SmartCopy.

Thanks,

Private User - please see your Msg. inbox for SmartCopy invite.

Could i please have access to smartcopy

Thank you. Will make adding people a lot easier.

Leanne M (Volunteer Curator - Australia) 🇦🇺,

You need toi be a Pro member of Geni to be able to use SmartCopy.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, i will note it for when i go pro.

Leanne: you *can* still use SmartCopy ... and it can be very useful for updating Geni profiles. You may be limited in not being able to create new siblings/children/parents at the same time that you update existing Geni profiles ... but it'll still be better & faster than copying information "by hand"!

I'm always using the SC dynamic reseach links on Geni profiles, which is also available to basic users.

Dan, Jeffrey,
I am a little confused.
To use it, don't I need a link which gets sent via my inbox?
But I don't think I can be sent the link as a basic user?

Leanne

Leanne: The link to add SmartCopy to your Chrome Browser can by found on the Project description page. (Click the link to the project under "Related Projects" at the upper left of this discussion page.)

Jim Wile C granted me access to SmartCopy 9/13/2015 at 7:11 AM
I'm trying to use it but it looks like I'm not SmartEnough ;-)
I'm using Chrome.
This profile: Louis Petrus Fourie
I clicked on the blue arrow but don't see MyHeritage. What am I doing wrong?
There are two matches on MyHeritage and they are both correct.

Private User,
1. I clicked on your link to Louis and I do not see any matches found by Geni for MyHeritage. If you click on the "research this person" , it will give you over 2 million results but I see no SmartMatches.
2. There are many times in the past two weeks, where Geni indicates that there are SmartMatches for a profile. When I click on it, it takes me to my home MyHeritage page (indicating that there actually were no matches). I assume it was a false indicator.
3. If there are true SmartMatches for MyHeritage, and you have a list of all the matches on the screen, you must open one (by clicking on the person's name or newspaper, ... ), before you press the SmartCopy icon on Chrome. I do believe that you have to be a MyHeritage subscriber.

Jim Wile, my mistake. The Smartmatch is for his son, Stephanus Petrus Fourie
Thank you for checking.

I would like access to smart copy please

Simon Grange ,

Check your Geni messages for the invite to use SmartCopy.

Kevin

re: "2. There are many times in the past two weeks, where Geni indicates that there are SmartMatches for a profile. When I click on it, it takes me to my home MyHeritage page...."

This can happen when the MyHeritage match is to a private (on MH) profile e.g. a living person or deceased-but-private (as defined by MH owner of the profiles).

Please add me as well. Thanks

Michael Shalom Fagan - Invite has been sent to your message inbox - please check !

Please grant me access to smartcopy. Thank you!

Showing 91-120 of 3149 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion