Constance Snow (Hopkins), "Mayflower" Passenger - The eradication of Constance Love Dudley, fictitious mother

Started by Private User on Sunday, May 15, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Map of the county Buren, Atlas Maior 1665 © Wikimedia Commons, PDM
    Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member
  • Geni Pro
  • Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing all 9 posts
Map of the county Buren, Atlas Maior 1665 © Wikimedia Commons, PDM
Private User
5/15/2016 at 5:10 AM

I repeat the curator note:

Curator Note from Erica Isabel Howton (5/23/2011):
Constance Hopkins (1606-1677). Parents: Stephen Hopkins (1581-1644) of the Sea Venture & Mayflower & Mary his first wife. Married: Nicholas Snow (1646-1662). 12 children. Note: There is no such person as "Constance Dudley." It's an old genealogy myth.

today's date: May 15, 2016

Task to clean up this part of the World Family Tree by removing references to Constance Dudley

I tediously point this out as there is a renewed tangled mess of a resurgence of her as a wife to a real person Stephen Hopkins, "Mayflower" Passenger

Getting rid of Consatnce (Love) Dudley should become an Olympic sport ;)

Private User
5/15/2016 at 10:02 AM

I am aware of this tangled mess thank goodness Erica Isabel Howton is the curator.

Private User
5/15/2016 at 12:03 PM

Erica Isabel Howton I cannot seam to remove Constance Dudley from my tree, is it possible that you can.

5/15/2016 at 1:00 PM

Sadly there are many "Constance Dudley Hopkins " (oh no she wasn't). Which one is attached to your tree so we can disconnect her? Maybe identify by manager name? (send me an email).

Meanwhile I'm merging them into this one:

Constance Hopkins, {Fictional}

... Anyone who can, join the mission of getting her off Stephen Hopkins!

5/15/2016 at 3:54 PM

Cleanup seems complete.

5/15/2016 at 4:01 PM

Private User using pushpin I see: Stephen Hopkins, "Mayflower" Passenger is Karen P. Schroeder's 11th great grandfather.

And no Constance Dudley. :)

Map of the county Buren, Atlas Maior 1665 © Wikimedia Commons, PDM
Private User
5/15/2016 at 4:54 PM

...and I thought that earlier today that tI had eradicated all the Constance Dudleys... (my bad!) :)

Next week there will probably be another... We'll stay vigilant...

5/15/2016 at 4:56 PM

Merge into the MP, move the kids over, disconnect. Its the cleanest way.

5/16/2016 at 7:04 AM

sadly this has been repeated over and over and still can be found on peoples genealogy's going back years.......TIME TO LAY=A=REST this old myth ONCE AND FOR ALL..........We KNOW FROM RECORDS STEPHEN HOPKINS WAS MARRIED TO A WOMEN NAMED MARY (His first wife...and mother to most if all his children that we know of).......so lets set the record right on this Dudley line by removing it.

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion