Holdouin de Ponthieu - Documentation Clarification Neede

Started by Judith "Judi" Elaine (McKee) Burns on Saturday, October 21, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

10/21/2017 at 1:46 PM

Seems to be alot of assumption os peoples part - are superlative profiles I have worked most of day on this and can not come up with any documation, answers etc. for profiles below....

Holdouin de Ponthieu
Birth: circa 912
Ponthieu, Thézillieu, Ain, Rhone-Alpes, France
Death: April 4, 1000 (84-92)
Ponthieu, Thézillieu, Ain, Rhone-Alpes, France
Immediate Family:
Son of Maude De St. Pol Sur Mer De Therouanne
Father of Geoffrey de Chateaudun

his son →

Geoffrey de Chateaudun
Husband of Hildegard de Chateaudun (Du Maine)
his son →

Geoffrey de Chateaudun (de Blois)
Husband of Hermengaud de Chateaudun
his son →

Geoffroy du Perche, vicomte de Châteaudun {{ BOGus??? }}
Husband of Helvise of Montagne {{ Bogus??}}

Hildegarde de Blois
Hildegarde de Chateaudun (de Blois), de Normandie
Wife of
Bouchard I de Bray, seigneur de Montmorency;
Chadalhoch von Traungau, Graf im Isengau;
Gausfred de Chateaudun and
Hugh de Chateaudun, I MP
his son →

Comte du Perche Rotrou de Châteaudun, Vicomte de Châteaudun. Comte de Mortagne
Husband of Adeline de Peche (de Domfront)
<<A lone unconnected profile: Adeline de Domfront Adeline de Domfront>>
dau.of Guerin de Domfront
his son →

The father listed above - is not possible if what is written under the profile for the following

Guillaume Pecche aka William Peccatum? MP
Guillaume de Péché, I
Birth: 1038 Kerlouan, Finistere, Brittany, France
Death: 1100 (62) Wickhambrook,Risbridge,Suffolk,England
Immediate Family:
Son of Comte du Perche Rotrou de Châteaudun, Vicomte de Châteaudun. Comte de Mortagne and Countess Adelise de Bellème, De Mortagne
Husband of Alfwen and Isilia Pêche (de Bourges)

There is confusion about the parentage of Guillaume Pecche. He could NOT have been the son of Adeline De Domfront. She died in about 1043 at the age of 18. She had one son, Geoffrey de Percche, born either 1042 or 1043. It has been accepted by many that Guillaume was born in the 1060's. However, there are comments that his second marriage happened at an advanced age. It is most likely Guillaume was born c. 1020-1030, in Brittany, and arrived in England during the reign of Edward the Confessor. See the article below for the reasoning behind this supposition. Maria Edmonds-Zediker, Curator, 6/7/2010

and also

Notes: The parentage or ancestry of Guillaume Pecche (William Peccatum) is unknown and there seems to be little chance of determining his origins. It has been suggested that there was a close relationship between Guillaume Pecche and Richard de Bienfaite, progenitor of the House of de Clare in England, and that he may have entered England at the conquest in the retinue of Richard FitzGilbert, Seigneur de Bienfaite, second cousin to Duke William ‘the Conqueror

1. Guillaume1 Peche, Lord Of Cloptunna and Dalham'''1 was born in Normandy, possibly, and died Aft. 1088 in Wickhambrook, County Suffolk, possibly, 10 miles southwest of Bury St. Edmunds, or at Dalham, about 4 miles north of Wickhambrook2.

He married Alfwen3. She died Abt. 1088.

his son →

William de Clopton? MP
William Pecche
Husband of wife de Pecche (Peche) ......

a source for the [http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~clopton/peche.htm The Descendants of Guillaume Peche, Lord of Cloptunna and Dalham]

.... continues down to my grand-son-in-law
Private

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion