Sarah Jordan - The comment about maiden name Winters

Started by Deborah Jordan-Buriel on Saturday, December 1, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 6 posts
12/1/2018 at 3:20 AM

Couldn't her name be Winter since her father's name is Winter? Her other siblings also have Winter/Wintour. I think it's more likely than being born with her husband's last name. Of course, documentation is required, but to assume she was born with Jordaine is the least likely thing.

12/1/2018 at 3:21 AM

Sorry, my mistake for typing Winters when I meant, Winter.

12/1/2018 at 12:06 PM

Unfortunately those parents were attached in error: we don’t know her birth surname.

Note in profile:

Someone added "Winter" as Sarah's maiden name, but there is absolutely no documentation for this. I suspect it was the same person who wants to merge this Sarah with a Sarah Jordan of Maine who was born in Maine and lived about 50 years later.

I’ve fixed it, and thank you for calling attention.

12/4/2018 at 8:40 AM

So do we know any name for the wife of Robert Jordan 1562 1589! I have Sarah 1564 with a question mark. Definitly nothing to do with Rev Robert Jordan 1612 1679, and his Sarah.
Neither one are buried at St Nicholas Churh Gloucester. This is now a redundant Church, and I have been in touch with the ccaretaker, who has only one Jordan ther, and its not a Robert, and the dates dont match. He kindly sent me a photo of the memorial.
Best Regards to both.
Jude

12/4/2018 at 12:08 PM

Hi Jude,

In fact looking at the notes in the profile for Robert Jordan it seems Robert was twice married; 1st to a woman unknown and the mother of Samuel Jordan, of Jordan's Journey

And then to a woman named Sarah.

They are old notes though, freshening up the research may well be in order.

8/20/2020 at 10:10 AM

Samuel Jordan is my 10th Great Grandfather, everyone hello I've been doing my genealogy! Rebecca Jordan is my 4th great grandmother she married James Parks who was born in NC who is a Revolutionary War Soldier. They where pioneers moved out west with my other 4th great grandfather and mother John Winn from Winnsboro SC and also his wife Elinor Hicks.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion