CHAOS in the Dent Families

Started by Diana Raquel Sainz Wilson on Sunday, July 14, 2019
Showing all 4 posts
7/14/2019 at 12:56 PM

Please Help... I found a huge mix-up with the "Dent" family. Of course like every other family in their time, every child, niece, nephew, aunt, uncle spouse, etc... all had the same first names and dates of birth that are very close to one another. I have gone through many of them, but it is chaos... Here are just three examples.

George Dent - 1684 - 1750
George Dent
Not all of these children are his...

John Dent 1674- 1732
John Dent, Il
Two Wives: Both Catherine Turner, one is an MP profile and cannot merge into the other with the information.

John Dent - 1705 -1791 son of John Dent and Catherine Turner. Married to Mary Blackman, daughter of Jonathan Blackman
John Dent, Ill
WAY WAY TOO many children listed that do not belong to him with the same names and completely different dates of birth and spouses..
His 7 children are:
1. John Dent
2. Mary Dent
3. Hatch Dent - Married twice
4. Tabitha Dent - married Walter Moreland
5. Anne Dent - married Charles Davis
6. Bennett Dent
7. Sarah Dent married _____ Clark

7/14/2019 at 1:42 PM

Catherine Dent is not proven as a daughter of Edward Turner, of Charles County, MD

Ref: Although I have commonly seen Catherine, wife of John DENT listed as a TURNER, I think that may be in error. Do you know of any evidence for her being a TURNER? I have never seen anyone give a source for her being a TURNER. Harry Wright Newman's, *Charles County Gentry* only lists her as Catherine. My guess is that someone took the 1733 inventory of John DENT where George DENT and Edward TURNER signed as next of kin, and assumed that John DENT's wife Katherine was a TURNER. Fredric Z. Saunders

—-

Looking at the other issues ...

7/14/2019 at 9:06 PM

Diana Raquel Sainz Wilson That was rough. I think I got it sorted.

7/15/2019 at 5:37 AM

Erica Howton

I have the sources. I have been working on my tree for years, but only a little over a year on Geni. Slowly transferring the information over. Dilemma: I am traveling and away from home where my main computer is, and where I have stored my bookmarks (Which I thought I merged onto this laptop) and copies of all the uploaded documents.

They are on the account I had with "ancestry.com", but I am no longer a member of ancestry, if I long back in, they want half of my life savings. I may have to give it one day and just pay for a small membership.

I downloaded the GEDCOM files, but none of the saved documents came with it. Only what I personally uploaded. Kind of deceiving on their part. I assumed it I found a document and attached it to the profile of my family member it would become a part of my profile. I was wrong. Only if i uploaded it myself. So, Note to self: Right click save or screenshot save, name image and upload myself.

I will dig to find the Catherine Turner information. If I found it once, I am sure I will find it again..

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion