Adelinda / Egila von Babenberg - who is this un-sourced MP!?

Started by Livio Scremin on Thursday, July 16, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 36 posts
7/16/2020 at 12:23 PM

talking about -> Adelinda / Egila von Babenberg

I can report that I had / circumscribed the profile by inserting the available sources (which is not listed in the ML does not mean that it does not exist, only I was wondering if given the confusion it is not appropriate to write 2 lines:)

The situation has not changed substantially for more than a year:
*https://www.geni.com/photo/view?album_type=photos_of_me&id=6000...
*https://media.geni.com/p13/cd/6c/5a/7b/5344484a9a09c9f6/germany-fra...

but instead near in the area a wedding has just been canceled, made by a TROLL connector (7 personal real lines already cut)
approve this my merge request, & discard the admn https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000003926704373?from%5Fflash...
will bring Hedwig of Babenberg to the right parents..

unfortunately attention should be paid to the surnames changed by the merger, but not yet cleaned up after the fast un-merge of Anne Brannen.

I usually called Erica Howton, or Kevin Lawrence Hanit (HI always me:)

7/21/2020 at 11:22 AM

How did Hedwig of Babenberg's mother Baba get replaced by Ingeltrude von Babenberg with no Discussion?

7/21/2020 at 11:23 AM

BABA, daughter of --- (-after 864). The Annalista Saxo names Adalbert and his "pater Heinricus dux, mater Baba dicebatur"[95]. The primary source which confirms her name as Ingeltrudis has not yet been identified. Eckhardt suggests that Heinrich’s wife (whom he calls Ingeltrudis) was the daughter of Eberhard Marquis of Friulia & his wife Gisela [Carolingian], and therefore sister of Berengario I King of Italy[96]. This appears chronologically tight, although possible. http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/FRANCONIA.htm#Hedwigdied903

7/21/2020 at 11:26 AM

What was lost here?
Hedwig of Babenberg's parents were changed to Eticho I, count in Ammergau and Adelinda / Egila von Babenberg by Livio Scremin.
15 Jul at 7:22 PM

7/21/2020 at 11:51 AM

if you re-read the first message, a TROLL has passed through here,
(be careful surnames are changed by him don't be fooled)

trying to put Hedwig of Babenberg in the right position whit relationship blocked you see my wrong click of "15 Jul at 7:22" but you can also see put back just 3 minutes later.
..but he must be attached to both parents
..and cleaned up the surnames and entries on the other side of the canceled merge. ...

7/21/2020 at 11:54 AM

Not seeing the troll in the revisions - but that doesn't mean you're wrong. Which surnames have been changed?

PS I've only locked the relationships now

7/21/2020 at 12:03 PM

(Engeltrude “Ingeltrudis” is the other side un-merged to clean)

7/21/2020 at 12:09 PM

& this Ingeltrude von Babenberg is the fresh wrong ADD to cut off & after delete (first cut, after delete)

7/21/2020 at 12:14 PM

*https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=78228487430
looking at this, (if you already know that unmerges are to be used only for emergency because they mix data)

looking at this you should have the complete vision.

7/21/2020 at 12:23 PM
7/21/2020 at 12:24 PM

Does that sort out what you're seeing?

7/21/2020 at 12:31 PM

I am not allowed to see that link, but in any case the wrong mother is gone.

now according to ML just assign MOM BABA to
Hedwig of Babenberg
-------------
I saw that you also cut the marriage of Adelinda / Egila von Babenberg ..so I had smelled something else older;)

7/21/2020 at 9:07 PM

there is a nice mess over Ingeltrudis (Baba) de Frioul

starting with the brother Reginar I "Longneck", Duke of Lorraine and Count of Hainault wrong clone of:
Reginar I "Longneck", Duke of Lorraine and Count of Hainault
-----------
to make matters worse I think they competed to assign the surname to Berengar, margrave de Neustrie

NOT Spoleto: I found his brothers and father on ML and pasted the sources

-----------
as if it wasn't enough they married him to the daughter of the emperor (Helletrude de Lorraine)

but this is what is certainly known of the emperor's son-in-law:
Berengar, margrave de Neustrie

------------

& if they wanted to refer Berengar I, emperor of the Romans who had a wife Bertila of Spoleto

& so a daughter Gerberge del Friuli
..has made quite a mess

--------------

the total block all around BABA didn't help
(not even being able to write in the info is never a good idea:)

7/22/2020 at 1:48 AM

The block wasn't mine. Probably from before we had relationship lock. I have removed it and will ask the Curator Private User to come and help you with this. Call me back here if that doesn't happen - and I'll work on it.

7/22/2020 at 1:51 AM

The problem with making this Baba her mother, is that she seems to have a known mother, and Cawley says that Hedwig's grandmother is unknown.

7/22/2020 at 8:50 AM

for those who only logged in now, the work has moved on to:
Ingeltrudis (Baba) de Frioul that all MyHeritage DIY genealogies have taken as fact Engeltrude “Ingeltrudis” it is also reported as possible on ML (I pasted the selective passage, PLZ we all stop spam entire pages on info PLZ)

therefore it would be a passage that with some support of some other book of some historian could also be made and specified, but as BABA it could be Ingeltrude,
Not so that a user recently forced the block but separating the children of BABA (user who has lengthened real lines of several nation of 1700 to appear directly descends from it [troll alarm])
-------------
my next work step would be on the surname of the now wrong father of BABA, restore it to that of his father and brothers and therefore probably cut he from BABA (I pasted the ML in the info) area compiled 10 years ago in German tight, I would be on the bench willingly, to let you do.

and when renamed correctly, see if there is any chance that:
Berengar, margrave de Neustrie
is the same person as Berengar, margrave de Neustrie?
(or it would be another cut to do)

7/22/2020 at 6:51 PM

cleaning over I have found, updated and upgraded this to approve:
*https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000010321429878?from%5Fflash...

& cleaning the node of
Gebhard d'Orléans, count of the Lahngau
is same node of
Gebhard d'Orléans, count of the Lahngau

I'm going too fast?

7/25/2020 at 3:44 PM

while we wait Private User (C) for cut parents to his Ingeltrudis (Baba) de Frioul (& cleaning surname) ...

PLZ FARKAS Mihály László (C) we need to clean up your total blocked node on Gebhard d'Orléans, count of the Lahngau for merge this exactly same node Gebhard d'Orléans, count of the Lahngau
(primary ML source in this unlocked)

7/26/2020 at 7:21 AM

-Ernst I, count in Nordgau [MP]
is the exactly the same:
-Ernst I, count in Nordgau [MP]
& this very old by another (C):
-Ernst I, count in Nordgau who brings with him a sister whom I attacked following primary sources 3 days ago, and unknown parents, as still reported by the note of the first [MP] but which instead has parents..

Alex Moes (C) ADMN you who seem still active do you want to work that knot?
I think it's been a long time since no one has been working on it.

7/26/2020 at 10:22 PM

Hi Livio Scremin
The first two Ernst don't immediately look like a match to me but all 3 need a good look before I'd be comfortable with merging them.

7/27/2020 at 5:15 AM

ehheeh be careful not to be fooled by the multilingual:
in German and English they sound completely different, but they are exactly the same (with some cuts to make)
Yes, I also share the method of "cleaning" before merge.. but the important thing is that there is someone awake on that side :)

7/27/2020 at 11:27 AM

OK since Private User (C) does not arrive look what i found:

'''Baba di Spoleto''' comes for sure from:

-https://fabpedigree.com/s071/f010388.htm

old un-trusted site, used extensively in past years, for suggestions of possible imaginative connections, (note how the site uses terms as "possible" or "alternative")..
..then to all online DIY genealogists then things must get out of hand, also merging a un-sourced father
"Berengar (Duke) of SPOLETO"
to Berengar, margrave de Neustrie
-----------
so CUT parents to Ingeltrudis (Baba) de Frioul
& clean up that surname.
----------
SORRY for a little personal consideration:
how important it is to leave a trace of the sources we follow, "tomorrow" in the event of conflicts, the sources followed can be evaluated, which in the meantime can be changed updated or denied .. it is the only way to distinguish oneself from malicious intentions that do everything to descend from their favorite VIP, or perhaps from "computer illiterates" who now with everyone a phone in hand, technology has no more secrets for them, and they make, insert, mix, merge... :D

7/27/2020 at 3:59 PM

The two Ernst MPs do need to be merged, then we need to resolve whether the parents stated in de.wikipedia are reliable or need to be removed (Medlands states they are unknown and I am inclined to follow)

7/27/2020 at 6:36 PM

Since we are talking about a single generation: wiki DE does not go up yet, but stops to mention 2 names and also cites a source in detail..

considering this I would merge the 2 unknowns above the 2 names,
also leaving the old (C) note of "unknown parents" (done:)
& the ML that say "parents unknown" (done:)
but leaving inside the two names I the mention of the wiki DE page (done:)

You can merge with my blessing :D
& then don't leave that there is a lot of other stuff to do here XD

7/27/2020 at 6:41 PM

The de.wiki cites an author but the article references two published works by that author so we don't know which is the source. Worse one of the references seems to actually be for an Ernst who died c.1010

7/27/2020 at 7:08 PM

so if you have encountered errors in wiki DE, please you leave a "error note" in the info-about of those 2 profiles.. that we will whiten :)

7/28/2020 at 12:54 AM

In Private User absence, I'm cutting Ingeltrudis (Baba) de Frioul's relationship to these parents:
Berengar, margrave de Neustrie and Helletrude de Lorraine

as the parents of the wife of Heinrich von Babenberg, Markgraf in Friesland are unknown.

7/28/2020 at 12:55 AM

-http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/FRANCONIA.htm#Heinrichdied886
HEINRICH, son of --- (-killed in battle Paris [before Sep] 886, bur St Médard at Soissons). ... ... ...

m BABA, daughter of --- (-after 864). The Annalista Saxo names Adalbert and his "pater Heinricus dux, mater Baba dicebatur"[95]. The primary source which confirms her name as Ingeltrudis has not yet been identified. Eckhardt suggests that Heinrich’s wife (whom he calls Ingeltrudis) was the daughter of Eberhard Marquis of Friulia & his wife Gisela [Carolingian], and therefore sister of Berengario I King of Italy[96]. This appears chronologically tight, although possible.

Heinrich & his wife had four children:

1. HEDWIG [Hathui] ([850/55]-24 Dec 903). ... ...
2. ADALBERT (-executed 9 Jun 906). ... ... ... ...
3. ADALHARD (-executed 903). ...
4. HEINRICH (-killed in battle [902/03]). ...

7/28/2020 at 1:09 AM

Adelinda / Egila von Babenberg is not a child Heinrich and Baba. Cutting that relationship.

7/28/2020 at 1:17 AM

Livio Scremin, I think that sorts what you were seeing. Thank you for spotting it.

Showing 1-30 of 36 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion