ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Mike Stangel on Tuesday, July 28, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing 2641-2670 of 8088 posts

Yuval Stern - I requested the merge and sent a message to the manager of the other profile.

Amount of time it takes to delete an isolated tree... vs merging it: https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000078420596151?to=600000009...

She's locked to the wrong parents. If you look at "father" Robert's bio, she isn't listed. Her father is William.

Jean Boggs

Private User done

Hello,

For the last 10 minutes every profile I have merged has become disconnected from their parents and spouses and children. Is anyone else seeing this? It's going to create a disaster if it isn't addressed quickly.

Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 deleting an isolated tree is a staff action.
Isolating a tree can be quite time consuming, on the other hand if there's never been a merge attaching the Isolated tag to a tree takes just a minute.
Merging a tree can be done in one step or can take weeks, depends on the scenario.
Once the tree is Isolated is not automatically deleted, the Curator of they want it deleted has to contact staff and make that request and it goes on the to-do list, so how long it takes varies.

It appears that the user Alan Richard Achenbach has been deleting profiles we jointly manage, and that is the reason for the disconnections. He's created quite a mess. I think he believes he has a private tree and clearly does not understand the Geni world tree concept.

I had a fast finger and need her unmerged, please.

Maria Magdalena Traut

Someone merged Joseph and John, if you would please undo.

https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=79396474880

Hi!
Not sure if it was me (apologies if it was) but it seems that this person has been merged but shouldn't be...there are 2 sets of parents so she must be 2 separate people.
Jane Elizabeth Chiles
Thanks

Chris Wright definitely two different women, name/dates/ locations all differ. I've unmerged, what about the husband?

Private User i undid maria.

The John/Joseph needs a closer look than i have time for atm

Thanks @Alex Moes! I haven't looked at the husband, but can do so and let you know. It certainly seems strange.

@Alex Moes - this Jane Elizabeth CHILES (nee BRAY) is the one on my tree Jane Elizabeth Chiles currently as a male(!) - she was born 1879 in Victoria (just re-checked). I cannot find any other records for the family in Victoria. Her youngest son married in New Zealand, so I'm going to check those records.

Hello
Because of "tree-splitting" I am unable to remove and incoorect husband for this profile:
Esther Niche Stark
The correct husbanad is Mihaly Yechiel Shraga Stark. Mihaly Josef Stark needs to be removed as he is not her husband. Please Thank You

@Alex Moes I can find no evidence that George Edward CHILES married 2 different Jane Elizabeth BRAYs. I think that this Elizabeth Jane Chiles Elizabeth Jane Bray 'could' be linked to the incorrect spouse and children

Chris Wright id be looking for NZ obits.

Karl David Wright the user you tagged has not accessed his Geni account since 2011.

Private User The case you describe (undetailed tree matches in your merge center)..

1. Don’t send to me, I’ll know nothing genealogically you don’t and likely much less. Probably true of other curators; plus, It’s manager research to do.

2. Contact the other managers for opinion / details.

3. I have many unidentified matches. They sit until I action them - and I’m not in a rush. By contrast, I work on requested merges as a priority.

Erica Howton
In https://www.geni.com/discussions/216411 I was responding to another's comment that " "Frankly if it is in the "Merge Center," it seems a given that someone (if it is Geni) thinks it should be merged."
The example I attempted to describe there was a Tree Match that showed up in my Merge Center that was not only not a match, but left me totally baffled as to why any algorithm would even suggest it as a match.

The point I was trying to make was that just because a Tree Match shows up in your Merge Center does not mean someone thinks it should be merged. Moreover, sometimes people think a Tree Match is Geni telling them the two profiles are a match, rather than just a suggestion to look at, and I was also trying to counter that.

I have no idea why you chose to totally shoot down my attempt by responding with the totally false statement "Lois the cases you reject I fix. "

I then gave a more general description of that case and a few others https://www.geni.com/discussions/216411?msg=1440692
I have no idea how or why you responded to that as you did ( https://www.geni.com/discussions/216411 )
You said, " The case you describe (undetailed tree matches in your merge center).." when I did not say "undetailed tree matches" in my merge center. Not what I was talking about, not what I said.
WHY are you suggesting that is what I was talking about? WHY are you suggesting I "Contact the other managers for opinion / details." for a Tree Match when it is clear to me that the two are clearly not the same person?

It seems to me either you have been misunderstanding me or purposely harassing me.

Well, then, I'm pretty confused. I guess we're back to Geni deleting these on its own?

The profiles came up in my merge center with both our names on them, and then when I opened them said they were deleted by this user at 12:34 PM (and had no links to any other profile). I had previously merged them successfully several hours before that.

The mind boggles.

Hi I just wanted to let all know I made a 19th Pennsylvania Cavalry project. I not Civil War savvy so if I got anything incorrect please feel free to change add take away from project. I tried asking for help so I appogize if errors. I not sure flag correct but I tried.

https://www.geni.com/projects/19th-Pennsylvania-Cavalry/4475655

Billie

Karl David Wright if you paste a link to one of the deleted profiles or an immediate family member I'm happy to take a closer look but it's impossible for that particular user to have done anything more recently than 2011.

@Alex Moes - I've found the death of George Edward CHILES in 1955 in New Zealand and his wife Jane Elizabeth CHILES (nee BRAY) in 1950 in New Zealand. They married in 1902 in Boulder, Western Australia. Their first child was born there, and the rest in New Zealand. I have not found an obituary for either George Edward CHILES, or his wife Jane Elizabeth CHILES. I'll let you know if I find anything else.

It looks like a merge needs undoing

Dear curators, please make this profile public Charles Lewis Bailey

I accidentally changed the data for a profile that doesn't belong to me. (birth date and location, death date and location.) Can you retrieve the data that was in it a minute ago because I don't have a clue how to change it back. I am so, sorry, I thought I was my profile that I manage.
Thomas Wood

Can someone please disconnect Hannah Cole from Theophilus Cotton and John Hendershot ? She should only be married to John Christian Cole. Worked on it a lot... and believe this is accurate.

Showing 2641-2670 of 8088 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion