Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 26 posts
Private User
12/5/2020 at 2:55 PM

Administrador de Dª. Zaida (Isabella), reina consorte de León,

Perfil: Dª. Zaida Isabel, reina de León

D. Isabel (Zaida) de Sevilla reina consorte de León was actually the daughter of Abenabed (Muhammad ibn Abbad) al-Mutamid hajib of Sevilla. New data have meanwhile been published by renowned Portuguese academics such as José Mattoso and José Augusto Sotto Mayor Pizarro, namely, regarding the enchainment of the generations of medieval times.
MATTOSO, José, D. Afonso Henriques, Lisboa: Temas e Debates, 2007
MATTOSO, José, IDENTIFICAÇÃO de um País - Ensaio sobre as origens de Portugal 1096-1325, Lisboa: Temas e Debates, 2015
RAMOS, Rui (Coord), SOUSA, Bernardo de Vasconcelos e MONTEIRO, Nuno GONÇALO, História de Portugal, Lisboa: Esfera dos Livros, 2009
CASSOTI, Marsilio, D. Teresa Rainha de Portugal: A Esfera dos Livros, 2008
LAY, Stephen, Os Reis da Reconquista Portuguesa, Reorientação Política na Fronteira Medieval, Lisboa: Textos Editores, 2011.

Sincerely,

Francisco António Miguel Gabriel Rafael de Sousa Marinho de Antas Barbosa

Private User
12/6/2020 at 8:42 AM

Zaida of Seville Dª. Zaida Isabel, reina de León born ca. 1070

H.R. Regina Elisabeth, uxor regis Adefonsi, filia Benabet Regis Sevillae, quae prius Zayda, fuit vocata
("Queen Isabel, wife of King Alfonso, daughter of Aben-abeth, king of Seville; previously called Zayda.")

Who is Aben-abeth, king of Seville?

Was she instead a possible youngest daughter of Abbad II (Abu Amr Abbad) al-Mutadid hajib de Sevilla and thus a brother of Al-Mu'tamid ibn Abbad III, emir of Seville Born 1040 who had a daughter Buthaina bint al-Mu'tamid ibn Abbad, born 1070 and a son b. ca. 1072? Abu Nasr al-Fath al-Ma'mūn, Abu Nasir al-Fatah al-Mamun, emir de Córdoba

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbadid_dynasty
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Mu%27tamid_ibn_Abbad#Legacy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaida_of_Seville

Private User
12/6/2020 at 9:19 AM

Abu Nasir al-Fatah al-Mamun, emir de Córdoba would if I'm correct have been married to his aunt, but in turn regarding 30 years apart from his father to his aunt, they would have had different mothers, but it's a quite typical arrangement in this time and in this assembly.

Private User
12/6/2020 at 10:19 AM

Ulf is right but because there are some kind of "weird politics", Zaida will not be connected to her father Abenabed. Same thing with Oria. And so many others if they are connected to certain people who they are not liked to be connected. So. History has been rewritten and it will continue, nothing new in that, just sad.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaida

Mucho mas informacion en wiki español.

Private User
12/7/2020 at 9:24 AM

Yes Saga, seems that I'm right, "Queen Isabel, wife of King Alfonso, daughter of Aben-abeth, king of Seville" and daughter-in-law of Abu l-Qásim al-Mu‘támid ‘alà Allah Muhámmad ibn ‘Abbad, means that she first was married to his son, Abu Nasir al-Fatah al-Mamun, emir de Córdoba then secondly to Alfonso.

Abenabed (Muhammad ibn Abbad) al-Mutamid hajib of Sevilla.

Abbad ibn Muhámmad al-Mu‘tádid1​ (Sevilla, ? – id., 27 de febrero de 1069). Rey taifa de Sevilla (1042-1069). Would be her father, and her mother would be the second wife.

Zaida (c.1063 o 1071- c.1101 o 1107).

H. R. REGINA ELISABETH, UXOR REGIS ADEFONSI, FILIA BENAUET REGIS
SIVILIAE, QUAE PRIUS ZAIDA FUIT VOCATA.
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pante%C3%B3n_de_reyes_de_San_Isidoro_...

There is no other logical solution and it's sourced, cut in stone. Could any good curator fix this?

12/7/2020 at 10:46 AM

write the names of the profiles instead of tagging them,
the area has dual profiles written in different languages, some completely in Arabic..

continue to open double triple quadruple discussions one even one minute apart.

in a discussion that touched profiles for hundreds of followers I looked for someone who knows how to work in a group to compile a draft in multilingual .. and still nothing -->
Al-Mu'tamid ibn Abbad III, emir of Seville [draft]

(No curator in their right mind would waste again more time working on such a knot :)

Private User
12/7/2020 at 1:03 PM

Then we do not need any curator, if they can't do what's right and are tied by political, religious, or prejudice against other ethnic groups than their own.

Abbad II (Abu Amr Abbad) al-Mutadid hajib de Sevilla Add a second wife, as there would have been 24-31 years apart from most likely halfbrother Abu al-Qasim Muhammad al-Mutadid, emir of Seville, born ca. 1039, compared to Zaida born, c.1063 o 1071. With that age difference, all talk for a second wife.

http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/MOORISH%20SPAIN.htm#_ftnref602 does not contadict that she might have been a decendant from Ismail bin Abbad, "noting particularly the practice of endogamous marriages in the Muslim dynasties" and it's of no bigger matter how, if she was a daughter of a brother to Abbad II al-Mutadid hajib de Sevilla, which would need to actual create an unnamed in sources brother, or if she was his own daughter, her grandparents would be the same...

Just fix!

12/7/2020 at 2:47 PM

I understand half of what you said, and I don't even question the other half (even if it talks about adding profiles without sources..) but I repeat:
-Help yourself that (C) helps you.
(You can't and shouldn't not operate / transplant in a dirty and messy operating room:)

Private User
12/7/2020 at 3:12 PM

All I say is that no one have questioned the authenticity of this, Queen Isabel, wife of King Alfonso, daughter of Aben-abeth, king of Seville; previously called Zayda, and since there are quite limited profiles that fits the title King of Sevilla, and because she hardly was married to her own brother, (not even muslims do that), we have only one suitable candidate left as her father, Settipani et company may speculate about an unknown brother to him as a plausible candidate, but, was he also the king, NOT. So with some minimal logic behind my thinking, I think it's a none existing problem, the solution gives it self in the context, first, she is a niece of her halfbrother by marriage to his son, and secondly, she is the daughter of the king. Nothing to argue abou and I can't understand why people haven't corrected her place in the line much earlier. No conflicts, nothing to discuss, just make it done.

12/7/2020 at 3:41 PM

………………………▄▄
……………………█░░█
……………………█░░█
………………….█░░░█
………………..█░░░░█
..██████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░█
██████▀………▀▀██████
Al-Mu'tamid ibn Abbad III, emir of Seville

Private User
12/7/2020 at 4:10 PM

In lack of other sources, the epitaph is contemporary and a valid source.

Livio Scremin thanks maestro!

Private User
12/8/2020 at 8:34 AM

Unlock Dª. Zaida (Isabella), reina consorte de León, rename her as Elisabet, put Isabella in aliases, togheter with Zaida. The last name should be displayed in show the name as,
Latin language as "Elisabeth, reina consorte de León". In the english field, "Zaida of Seville", (odd people, let them have it as that), add her father and set up her mother, then change her sons name field by removing "Infante", Sancho Alfónsez, Infante de Castilla y León as he was not an infant when he died at age ca.15, on the battlefield, (only an idiot would actually let an infant participate in a battle,
do the same with Elvira Alfónsez, infanta de Castilla y León, died at the age of 30-39, and Sancha Alfónsez, Infanta de Castilla y León.

If they in a source once has been desribed as children of, (infants) then they shall not be displayed as that in the name fields at all, that's not how its' done, it's surely done by imbecills who don't understand the difference between a source, and theirs names.
example Wiki,
Elvira of Castile, Queen of Sicily,
displayed name on Geni
Elvira Alfónsez, infanta de Castilla y León
Notice the difference?

12/8/2020 at 8:53 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infante (prince)
I stop following the discussion.
People absolutely unsuitable for making changes in the area

Private User
12/8/2020 at 9:11 AM

"(infantas) of the king, regardless of age", noticed that now, so okay, I back on that, but the rest is true. Or, tell me the reaosn why it's not?

Explain the following, how and why this profile Dª. Zaida (Isabella), reina consorte de León has no parents?

Private User
12/8/2020 at 9:45 AM

Elvira of Castile, Queen of Sicily,
displayed name on Geni
Elvira Alfónsez, infanta de Castilla y León
Notice the difference?

This is still true, display name
Swedish, Elvira av Kastilien
English, Elvira of Castile, Queen of Sicily
Spanish, Elvira de León, reina de Sicilia
Italian, Elvira di Castiglia (regina di Sicilia)
Only in Geni, Elvira Alfónsez, infanta de Castilla y León

Private User
12/8/2020 at 9:56 AM

I'm not the only one making an error when it comes to titles, example Sancho III 'el Mayor' García de Navarra, rey de Navarra, Sancho III el Mayor, rey de Navarra would correct be Sancho Garcés III de Pamplona.

The first who actually used the title rey of Navarra instead of rey of Pamplona, was Sancho Garcés VI, Sancho VI el Sabio, rey de Navarra 115 years LATER.

Private User
12/8/2020 at 10:00 AM

Limited people have a limited understanding.
One person make 99 rights and one faults.
Limited people will only count the one fault, and thus, the 99 rights have never existed.
Wake up!

Private User
12/8/2020 at 10:12 AM

Following the revision in her profiles gives that she has been locked several times, her father-in-law has been removed a couple of tomes as her father, (correct), the latest curator that locked the profile is Kevin Lawrence Hanit

Not once has Abbad II al-Mutadid hajib de Sevilla Abbad II (Abu Amr Abbad) al-Mutadid hajib de Sevilla been connected as her father, despite all the indirect evidence indicating that this was the case.

Conclusion, 56 managers, not one of them have done it right from the beginning.

Private User
3/1/2021 at 9:44 PM

I tried very hard on this profile. I quoted many other historians including Spanish sources written in the 1800's. I also brought French and Egyptian Mufti reference.

The truth is there appears to be a bias in the western Christian world to dissolve or erase the Arab lineage that ties into many European noble and Royal lines.

Despite much evidence no Curation has been made.

Private User
3/1/2021 at 10:00 PM

I feel Jose Mattoso holds more authority than current discussion board reference of Todd A. Farmerie. The Curation should be made to reconnect Zaida to her Andalusian Arab family.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
José Mattoso

José João da Conceição Gonçalves Mattoso (born at Leiria, 1933) is a Portuguese medievalist and university professor.

Mattoso earned his doctoral degree in medieval history from the Catholic University of Leuven, in Belgium, in 1966 (with a thesis on the abbey of Pendorada - "L'Abbaye de Pendorada : des Origines à 1160"), while he was Benedictine monk at the Abbey of Singeverga. He returned to secular life in 1970, and taught at the University of Lisbon and at the New University of Lisbon. He was also a director of National Archives / Torre do Tombo.

He is recognized in Portugal and internationally as one of the most distinguished scholars of the history of medieval Portugal, and much of his scholarly work is largely devoted to that period. His works include, among others, "Ricos homens, Infanções e Cavaleiros" (on the medieval society), "Fragments of a Medieval Composition" (in response to the arguments of Antonio Borges Coelho), and "Identification of A country Essay on the Origins of Portugal (1096–1325)" (Vol. I - 'Opposition' vol. II - 'Composition'), with five editions constantly revised and updated between 1985 and 1995. Mattoso was awarded the Alfredo Pimenta prize of Medieval History, and the non-fiction Prize of Pen club for this work. He was also awarded the Fernando Pessoa Prize in 1987, among other important distinctions.

He acted as the scientific editor of a History of Portugal (1993–1995) in eight volumes.
Bibliography

Le monarchisme ibérique et Cluny. Les monastères du diocése de Porto de l'an mille à 1200, 1968
As famílias condais portucalenses dos séculos X e XI, 1970
Beneditina Lusitana, 1974
Livro de linhagens do Conde D. Pedro, ed. crítica, 1980
Livros velhos de linhagens, ed. crítica por Joseph Piel e José Mattoso, 1980
A nobreza medieval portuguesa. A família e o poder, 1981 ; 1994
Ricos-Homens, infanções e cavaleiros. A nobreza medieval portuguesa nos sécs. XI e XII, 1982 ; 1998
Religião e cultura na Idade Média portuguesa, 1982 ; 1997
Narrativas dos Livros de Linhagens, selecção, introdução e comentários, 1983
Portugal medieval. Novas interpretações, 1985 ; 1992
O essencial sobre a formação da nacionalidade, 1985 ; 1986
Identificação de um país. Ensaio sobre as origens de Portugal, 1096–1325, 1985 ; 1995
O essencial sobre a cultura medieval portuguesa, 1985 ; 1993
A escrita da história, 1986
Fragmentos de uma composição medieval, 1987 ; 1990
O essencial sobre os provérbios medievais portugueses, 1987
A escrita da História. Teoria e métodos, 1988 ; 1997
O castelo e a feira. A Terra de Santa Maria nos séculos XI a XIII, em colab. com Amélia Andrade, Luís Krus, 1989
Almada no tempo de D. Sancho I (Comunicação), 1991
Os primeiros reis (História de Portugal - Vol. I) (Infanto-juvenil), com Ana Maria Magalhães, Isabel Alçada, 1993 ; 2001
A Terra de Santa Maria no século XIII. Problemas e documentos, em colab. com Amélia Andrade, Luís Krus, 1993
No Reino de Portugal (História de Portugal - Vol. II) (Infanto-juvenil), com Ana Maria Magalhães, Isabel Alçada, 1994 ; 2003 Coja, 1995
Tempos de revolução (História de Portugal - Vol. III) (Infanto-juvenil), com Ana Maria Magalhães, Isabel Alçada, 1995
O reino dos mortos na Idade Média peninsular, ed. lit., 1996
A Identidade Nacional, 1998; 2003
A função social da História no mundo de hoje, 1999
A dignidade. Konis Santana e a resistência timorense, 2005
D. Afonso Henrique, 2007
Naquele Tempo. Ensaios de História Medieval; 2009;2014

3/2/2021 at 7:59 AM

What are the PRIMARY sources cited by the texts you provide?

Private User
4/13/2021 at 3:46 PM

Sorry Sharon I just saw your reply.

If you follow previous posts here in the discussion.

I listed links to his books above.

Private User
4/13/2021 at 3:51 PM

It has been A few months since I looked at this but I believe Livio Scremin

Has listed sources previously.

4/13/2021 at 9:30 PM

Books and authors aren't PRIMARY sources.

The following is a discussion about the contradictory nature of the PRIMARY sources:
m fifthly (Mar 1106) as her second husband, ZAÏDA, widow of ABU NASIR al Fatah al Ma'Mun Emir of Córdoba, daughter of --- (-13 Sep 1107, bur Royal Pantheon of San Isidor at León). The Chronicon Regum Legionensium names "Zaida, the daughter of King Abenabeth of Seville, who was baptised…Elisabeth" as the second of two concubines of King Alfonso, and their son "Sancho who died at the battle of Ucles"[516]. The Chronicon de Cardeña records that King Alfonso married “Mora, que decien la Cayda, sobrina de Abenafanle” who was mother of his son Sancho[517]. Her first marriage is confirmed by the Bayan al Mugrib of Ibn Idari which names "le fils d´Alphonse, Sancho, qu´il avait eu de l´épouse d´Al Mamun ibn Abbad" when recording the battle of Uclés[518]. Salazar y Acha attempts to explain these three apparently contradictory sources by suggesting that Zaida could have been the daughter of "un hermano mayor…Ismail ibn Abbad" of Mohammed al-Mutamid, noting particularly the practice of endogamous marriages in the Muslim dynasties[519]. As noted above, Ismail is recorded as the brother of al-Mutatid and so would have been the paternal uncle of al-Mutamid. From a chronological point of view therefore Salazar y Acha´s suggestion appears untenible, although Zaida could have been another relative, maybe the daughter of an otherwise unrecorded brother of al-Mutamid. Alberto Montaner Frutos also discusses Zaïda, in particular relating to legends which have developed in connection with her history[520]. Reilly[521] dates the start of her relationship with King Alfonso to late 1091 or 1092, suggesting its diplomatic importance would have been greatest after the fall of Córdoba in Mar 1091 but before the fall of Badajoz in early 1094. This seems supported by the likelihood that their son Sancho was at least 15 years old when he was killed at the battle of Uclés in May 1108. Zaïda was christened ISABEL[522], date not known. Reilly cites a document of Galician origin dated 27 Mar 1106 which indicates that King Alfonso had married "Helisabet" shortly before[523]. Reilly[524] quotes a charter granted at Oviedo 19 Mar 1106 which lists members of the royal family, naming "Elisabeth" directly before "Sancho", which presumably refer to Zaïda and her son. "…Helisabet Regina, Reimundus comes, Urraca regis filia, Sancius filius regis…" subscribed the charter dated 14 May 1107 under which "Adefonsus…Toletani imperii rex…cum…uxore mea Helisabet regina" approved the mint of Santiago de Compostela[525]. Reilly assumes that the reference is to King Alfonso´s presumed fourth wife Isabel (Elizabeth)[526], but it appears more likely that the document refers to Zaïda. Reilly says that her sepulchral inscription (presumably now lost) reportedly stated that she had died in childbirth on 13 Sep, without giving the year, and in a later passage that the inscription stated that this was the "second ferial day", which he interprets as meaning a Monday or Thursday[527]. If the charters dated 1106 and 1107 correctly refer to Zaida, the year must have been 1107 assuming that King Alfonso married his sixth wife in 1108. Pérez´s history of Sahagún monastery, published in 1782, states that Queen Isabel was buried "en la Capilla mayor" of the monastery, but does not quote the inscription which confirms this statement[528]. http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/CASTILE.htm#AlfonsoVIdied1109B

If you could extract from the books you're citing what the primary sources are that they're using to make their assertions - then we can have a good discussion about it.

3/15/2023 at 12:15 AM

Regarding zaida... She had 4 pregnancies. 3 children. The 4th pregnancy caused her illness and sick which caused her death. As well demise of 4th child. B. 1070 D. 1107
If you look at history facts. 1 son: 1093 as I recall pardon if year off. He Sancho died in battle at 14 (before 15th birthday). Elvira in 1100 who later married in italy roger ii (king). As well Sancha 1104 whom married and stayed in spain. Sancha lineage went to england (& scotland, usa, etc)
Elvira lineage went to italy (& usa, etc)
Im connected to 6 different lines to elvira & sancha.
Ive connected it to adam & eve to me.
From all sources... I researched.

Regardless if you speak english, spanish, arabic... In respect to zaida (etc). Read facts and translate as needed.

Now regarding (king) roger ii of italy - he chose to marry elvira due to muslim growth in his area. (This is hint right there.) In respect to her children, etc.

We can speculate all day regarding what's true and what's false. But we must realize facts, and at that timeline.
Now going back to spain and king Alfonso vi and christianity.
If you look at usa history, christianity has been very brutal to other races, and they force their ways on others. Implying religion. Native Americans; quote: christians brought slavery to usa, they attacked multiple countries. Etc. Christians brought pork (pig) to usa. If christians believe in same as jews. But more... Why eat pork? Its forbidden and unclean.
Muslims don't eat pork. Christianity is a false religion create by romans. They killed jesus. Etc...(persecuted). As history tells us.

Pardon... Explain different factors. But trying to lead to one point.

Zaida's family was being attacked by Moroccan forces from history tells us. Zaida father asked for help against king alfonso forces. This is how history tells it. But apparently moroccan force attacked. Zaida being last descendant of her father... Fled quote for asylum (safety). King alfonso vi accepted her as wife. Changed her name to isabel. (From spanish to english isabel means elizabeth.) And had her follow his customs. (In secret she kept her faith).

1000 years have past... Within reasons. A lot of wars, battles, etc... During those times women were not valued same as a man.

Showing all 26 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion