Help Me Connect my Rapoport Ancestor to the Family

Started by Dovid Rosenbaum on Wednesday, January 13, 2021
Showing all 12 posts
1/13/2021 at 7:21 AM

My 3rd Great Grandmother is a Rapoport but I know very little about her.

Her name is Cypa Esther Swiatly nee Rapoport (Ester Cypa Swiatly). Although her children were born in Dzialoszyce where her husband's family resided, I strongly suspect (but cannot prove) that she was born in far away Lublin in 1835, and is same as the Esther Cypa Rapoport in this profile here: Ester Cypa Swiatly.

I was hoping that someone with knowledge of the Lublin branch of the family could help me (1) confirm whether Ester Cypa from Lublin is the same as my "Bubbe" Cypa Ester from Dzialszyce, and (2) connect the separate branch I created for her immediate family to the world tree.

Any insight is appreciated.

10/13/2022 at 7:11 PM

Dear Dovid Rosenbaum
I found the marriage registration of your 3d Great Grandmother. Yes, apparently she is the daughter of Lejbus and Tauba Rappoport from Lublin lived in the house #406 (the house of R’ Sternfeld Horowicz in Lublin)

I also found her birth record extracted in 1851 in Lublin. (Issued for a reason of her wedding registration)
And her death record from Dzialoszyce from 1898 where her mother’s name mentioned “Dyna” - incorrectly because in this town nobody knew her mother died many years ago (yet before her wedding in 1852 in Pinczow)

Since you are locked her profile for the editing I will add all information found to her another existing profile.
If you want to clarify the details please contact me or replay here

Kind regards
Bella Marianchik

10/13/2022 at 7:19 PM

Dovid Rosenblum

Please merge this branch to your tree
All the links are attached inside the “Overview” rubric
Ester Cypa Swiatly

10/13/2022 at 7:35 PM

Bella Marianchik wow, almost two years later, an answer to my question! I love this site. Thank you for your research and for your help expanding my tree.

I sent you a merge request.

10/13/2022 at 7:42 PM

Bella Marianchik Who is R' Sternfeld Horowicz? Are you referring to Yaakov Yitzhak Halevi Horowitz-Lublin Chozeh?

10/13/2022 at 7:44 PM

Dovid Rosenbaum

You are welcome.
I’m doing all the families lived on Szeroka street in Lublin in the 18th and 19th centuries. Apparently many of them were relatives.
Now I’m trying to find the origin family of Tauba - Cypa’s mother. She died between 1835 and her wedding in 1852. She might have a double name Tauba Malka. Checking this now

10/13/2022 at 7:46 PM

Dovid Rosenbaum

Yes, it is him and his children house #406

10/13/2022 at 9:07 PM

Bella Marianchik sorry to bombard you with questions. Is there any way to connect Cyla's parents, Lejzer and Tauba, to the larger Rappaport family?

10/14/2022 at 1:34 AM

Dovid Rosenbaum

LEJBUS and Tauba

I see them already connected. It’s automatically done after we merged the profiles of Ester Cyla

10/14/2022 at 8:16 AM

Bella Marianchik Thanks. I meant how we can connect them to the larger Rappaport family

10/14/2022 at 1:15 PM

Or this we have to find Lejbus’ death at least. To see his parents’ names ect. Now we know his father was Icek. But he could have had also double names

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion