Pierre Lombard, SV/PROG - Too many children?

Started by Sharon Doubell on Sunday, June 6, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 34 posts
6/6/2021 at 8:45 AM

Private User says about : Pierre Lombard, SV/PROG
Can someone please rectify his profile. I think merging created a second wife with the same children. Acording to the sources he had only 6 children. The sources also only mentioned Pierre and not Pierre Jean as his name. One also give his wifes parents names

6/6/2021 at 8:47 AM

Michael Desmond Meiring do you have primary sources for these extra children ?Louise Lombard and Mariane Lombard

6/6/2021 at 8:53 AM

cf Marie Lombard, SM/PROG for whom we have no primary sources for parents. Yell if you find any, Gert.

6/6/2021 at 5:53 PM

Hi Sharon Doubell . I'm confident that those profiles were the results of a big GEDCOM import I did last year already. I was still a bit green back then and created the GEDCOM from my FamilySearch tree with over 12 generations. So many profiles were imported that I'm still finding situations like this that need rectifying. Since they were automatically imported, I unfortunately don't have the primary sources and I also see that those siblings have now been removed on FamilySearch as well. Thanks for correcting them.

6/6/2021 at 11:13 PM

Ahhh - good to know. Thanks Michael.

6/9/2021 at 12:16 AM

Gert Pieter says . "Marie Couteau parents is named in her profile on wikitree. The reference for that is in French which i cant read. I do not know of its correctness.

Look at https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Couteau-18. Source 4 Part of wikitree french Hugonote project. Give the names of parents and grandfather and grand-grandfather on fathers side"

What do people think? Is this sufficient proof of parents for our Marie?https://www.wikitree.com/photo.php/a/a8/Coutaud-3-1.jpg

J P Weyers
6/9/2021 at 12:40 AM

-- born 1689 same year as her first child there

J P Weyers
6/9/2021 at 12:43 AM

??
Wikitree using Wikitree as a source on Wikitree ?

J P Weyers
6/9/2021 at 12:51 AM

The photo a different matter
A daughter Marie for Bartholomy and Isabeau but no d.o.b. and how do we verify this was her ?

6/9/2021 at 12:58 AM

1659?

J P Weyers
6/9/2021 at 1:02 AM

Definitely a
Jean Coutaud with a son Barthèlemy and daughter Isabeau
Barthèlemy married another Isabeau
Children etc etc.
This a good source and info I would say but how do we match Marie Couteau with the daughter Marie ?

J P Weyers
6/9/2021 at 1:03 AM

Add to her profile , add parents and perhaps say a possibility but needs further investigation ?

6/9/2021 at 3:01 AM

I was trying to link place names from her About

Marie Couteau in Boucher
The name Couteau (Coustaut, or Coutaud) is not unknown at Pontaix; there were also Couteaus at Die to the east and at Romans-sur-lsere to the north-west. Marie Couteau’s place of origin is evidently concealed by an inaccurate transcription in the Dutch East India Company records. It could be a misspelling of Beaurieres, a locality to the southwest, near Luc-en-Diois, but more likely the place-name intended is Soubeira, the old form of the modern Soubeyran, near Crest in the strongly Calvinist Drome valley region of the Diois colloquy north-west of Valdrome.• M. Boucher.M (1981). French speakers at the Cape: The European Background. Pretoria, UNISA: Ch 7: Cape Settlers III: from South-Eastern France and Adjoining Territories p180

I see FFYP is pretty definite she was born in La Chaudière, Drôme, France. http://www.e-family.co.za/ffy/g5/p5118.htm
(Source:[S150] Edited & augmented by GISA Originally compiled by J.A. Heese & R.T.J. Lombard, South African Genealogies 5 L-M, GISA SA Genealogies (Stellenbosch, South Africa: Genealogical Institute of South Africa, 1999), Page 163.)

J P Weyers
6/9/2021 at 5:47 AM
J P Weyers
6/9/2021 at 5:51 AM

Know La Caudiere from the gorgeous cheese .

Quartiers, hameaux et lieux-dits

Site Géoportail (carte IGN)1 :

Barral
Boudrat
Bougeon
Couteau
Fontaine du Corps
la Carre
la Roche
les Ailliers
les Bachasses
les Clalandous
les Girardes
les Drayes
les Hoirs
le Siara
les Moines
les Rioux
les Sadous
Mouton
Pré Derbout
Valcourte

Couteau is a hamlet in La Chaudiere !

J P Weyers
6/9/2021 at 5:52 AM

So our relatives might still live there !!!

J P Weyers
6/9/2021 at 5:52 AM

Marie Lombard (Couteau), SM/PROG is your 8th great grandmother.

J P Weyers
6/9/2021 at 5:53 AM

Share NEW discovery with FFY ?

J P Weyers
6/9/2021 at 5:56 AM

The Marie Coutaud in Etudes Historiques 99.9 % possible born in La Chaudiere , Sallians , Beauvallon , Drome , France

As in FFY !

J P Weyers
6/9/2021 at 5:57 AM

You can set out the reasoning in Overview ! Yeah !

J P Weyers
6/9/2021 at 6:07 AM

Couteau and Coutaud both french for knife
John / Bartholomy the Knife ?

J P Weyers
6/9/2021 at 6:15 AM
J P Weyers
6/9/2021 at 6:27 AM

3 Sons -
Jean Coutaud (The first born ) he inherited a property in La Chaudiere
Pierre Coutaud
Bertrand Coutaud

Jean had two children Bathelemy and Isabeau . Jean had through dilligent and intelligent hard work of his property enriched himself , raising the position of his two children .

J P Weyers
6/9/2021 at 6:36 AM

Thank you Gert Pieter ---- ??

6/9/2021 at 7:02 AM

Yaay! And you, Phillipp. Can you add these parents, or do you need me to?

J P Weyers
6/9/2021 at 9:35 AM

You ?
Loadshedding here till 20:00

6/9/2021 at 12:03 PM

Will do tomorrow. Load shedding here too.

J P Weyers
6/10/2021 at 6:24 AM

unlock sesame !

Will add parents and grandfather and his siblings

6/10/2021 at 9:21 AM

Sorry - unlocked. Loadshedding here again

J P Weyers
6/11/2021 at 2:20 AM

Sorry --still angry at those on GENI that believe a title makes them right and me wrong . Also that I dare not challenge a curator .
Alex Moes
John Sparkman
Judi
Herman Booyens
Behave more like KAPOS than assiting volunteer curators . .
So -- I have to take time out before I explode

Showing 1-30 of 34 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion