Harmon Back, Jr - Not the son of Hermann Bach and Anna Margaretha Hausemann

Started by Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 on Tuesday, June 22, 2021
Problem with this page?

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 111 posts
6/22/2021 at 9:50 AM

This is not the Harman Back, Jr born between 1745 and 1750, son of Hermann Bach and Anna Margaretha Hausemann.
He married Margaret Martha LNU and had 6 children:
1. Johannes Back
2. Johan Henrich Back
3. Anna Maria Back
4. Anna Catharina Back
5. Margreth Back
6. James Back

I will try to figure out who Joseph Back, of Garrard County is and see if I can help.

8/6/2022 at 7:43 AM

I am trusting the research of the direct descendants.
Per the FAG with notes and reference to the DAR record which has been updated this summer---

I am seeing two men.
One married Margaret Margaret Martha Back
One married Katherine “Catrin” Bach

8/6/2022 at 7:44 AM

Harman Back, Jr. and Harman Back, Jr. are not the same.

8/6/2022 at 7:46 AM

One of them will NEED to be DISCONNECTED from parents as both are claiming Hermann Bach and Anna Margarethe Bach

8/8/2022 at 10:13 AM

This is such a delicate subject, I don't want to offend anyone!!!

I can tell you that Harman Back, Jr. was not born in Germany in 1737. The only birth record for a child of Hermannus/Hermann/Harman Bach/Back is the 1737 birth and baptism record for their daughter Anna Ella. She does not have a twin, she does not have a brother and there is no other child born to the couple while in Germany. I've searched the church books in both Freudenberg and Oberfischbach from 1737 to 1740, and there is no other child for them. There also is no death record for Anna Ella, she did not die in her village in Germany. Dr. Holtzclaw states in Germanna Record No. 5 that there is no further information for Anna Ella, which means he could find no records pertaining to her in the US, not surprising as this is the plight of women!

Even the note made in the Death Register in Freudenberg by the pastor notes only "1 Kindt," 1 child, not two, and that one child would be Anna Ella.

It's always good to go back to the original sources, if we can find them and that's what I did with the Bach and allied families. I had several records for them anyway as I'm gathering records for each of the immigrants, but didn't have the birth/baptism record of Anna Ella. I'm glad that I was able to find it!

If we keep Harman Back, Jr. as the son of Hermannus and Anna Margaretha (Hausmann) Bach, then there are corrections that need to be made to the Profile which I am happy to do.

When Cathi and I are in Virginia in November, we will go through all of the tax records, land records, anything that we can find to help sort out these families.

Barb

8/8/2022 at 10:34 AM

At this time, I would disconnect Harman BACK, Jr. from Hermannus Bach and Anna Margaretha Hausmann and keep Harman BACH, Jr. as their son.

Barb

8/8/2022 at 10:39 AM

Disconnecting Harman Back, Jr.

8/8/2022 at 10:40 AM
8/8/2022 at 10:46 AM

Who is DAR saying is correct?
I can't find which I put the letter

8/8/2022 at 11:29 AM

I am looking.

8/8/2022 at 11:33 AM

I disconnected sons John & Henry from Harmon born in 1708.

8/8/2022 at 11:37 AM

Joseph is correctly placed as son on Harmon Jr.

and grandson of Harmon Sr.
8/8/2022 at 11:39 AM

Let me make sure I understand:
Per DAR, Joseph Back, of Garrard County is the son of Harman Back, Jr. and Harman Back, Jr. is the DAR accepted son of Hermann Bach and Anna Margarethe Bach ?

8/8/2022 at 11:40 AM

There are not sons of Harmon Jr named John or Henry, so disconnects there.

8/8/2022 at 11:41 AM

Henry Back, of Madison County and John Back, of Madison County are disconnected from Hermann Bach based on the DAR approved genealogy

8/8/2022 at 11:42 AM

Harmon Jr is not listed in DAR database as a Patriot or as a descendant. There is no help there for his wife or dates of birth / death etc.

8/8/2022 at 11:45 AM

Yes your are correct Joseph who is a proven child is not a proven grandchild through father & son with the same name of Harman. It would be easy to see how this mistake could have been made (in my mind). Too many men with the same names.

8/8/2022 at 11:50 AM

I would not venture to make judgment using one document in thin air. Sorry, I can't help with that.

8/8/2022 at 12:03 PM

Correction - "Joseph who was a proven child is NOW a proven grandchild".

8/8/2022 at 12:32 PM

I had the document on the wrong profile lol (Katherine Fishback)
It is moved now.

I want to be clear when we disconnect a son Jr

8/8/2022 at 12:34 PM

I think I moved Joseph over the week-end?
I think the Germanna genealogists are in agreement over a will naming him being on the wrong one and it has been corrected from my understanding

8/8/2022 at 12:53 PM

Thank you Cynthia!

8/8/2022 at 2:06 PM

Now is the problem of disconnecting.
Would be easier if they were the same man

8/8/2022 at 7:05 PM

Yes, we Genealogists at the Germanna Foundation are in agreement with you, Cynthia!

When Cathi and I are in Virginia in November, we will do some very in depth research concerning the Bach family. I will have my list for sure!!!

Barb

8/8/2022 at 7:58 PM

Ronnie Lee Lamb I see your DNA is one of the two Y DNA attached to the Bach profiles.

8/9/2022 at 4:21 PM

After disconnections, there is ONE Y showing.
Tracking it down

Showing 1-30 of 111 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion