Katz-Rappaport Lineage Descending from R' Dov Berizh Zeev Rappaport, A.B.D. Szczekociny and then A.B.D. Pinczow

Started by Private User on Tuesday, June 29, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 3 posts
Private User
6/29/2021 at 8:57 PM

Hello,

I am working with a group of dedicated and committed researchers who descend (we think) from HaRav Shabty Ashkenazi HaCohen Katz, the "SHaCH"

We have a handwritten tree drafted for halakhic (yikhus) purposes and which appears to be legit and is quite extensive and includes the Katz-Rappaport branch as well as a Katz-Rubin branch and a KatzSeelenfruend branch, all descended from the above R' Shakh. In our study group are descendants of the Katz-Rubin and Katz-Seelenfruend branches (we believe), but none from the Katz-Rappaport branch. I am providing the ydna test interpretation expertise and also believe I have a great-grandfather who is connected to the Katz-Seelenfreund branch.

In order to prove the validity of the handwritten tree we are in need of input from a descendant of the Katz-Rappaport branch so that we may compare via ydna testing the three branches. In our group there is much interest in this research and financial support for the testing is available, if needed.

At the head of the branch we are seeking to collaborate with is: R' Dov-Berish Zeev Rappaport, A.B.D. Szczekociny and then A.B.D. Pinczow Any person who believes themselves to be a ydna descendant of this R' Dov Berish Rappaport could please contact me via a private message c/o my great grandfather's profile: Shmuel haCohen Khrszn

Thanks for listening, and if you can, for helping.

Adam Cherson

6/30/2021 at 4:17 AM

Hello,
I am looking for descendants of Chaim haCohen Rapaport from Lviv.
Sorry. Shaul.

Private User
6/30/2021 at 5:47 AM

Thanks for the info, Shaul. I believe there are two (that I know of) Cohanic-Rappaport lineages. You are in the Venetian one which I believe is not directly connected to the Vilna one, but who knows.:-)

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion