Deborah Cockrum (Fox) - Curator please merge

Started by Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 on Monday, November 22, 2021
Showing all 19 posts
11/22/2021 at 9:59 AM

Rather than remove the merge request or the profile deleted, I think this one needs to be merged: Deborah or Barbara Kells because the name is the same as what this Deborah or Barbara Kells profile was originally. They are the same person. It will help remove past errors and future confusion.
Thank you.

11/22/2021 at 10:14 AM

Agree.

11/22/2021 at 11:52 AM

Her first name is not known & neither are the parents of her husband. Unless there’s been something more recent than this:

https://archive.org/details/notablesouthernf03arms/page/20/mode/2up...

JOHN COCKRILL THE EMIGRANT

J OHN COCKRILL the emigrant was of Scotch parentage, though born in Wales about 1740. He came to America with Braddock’s command but did not return to England with the remnants of that ill fated company, preferring to make his home in the new settlement. He settled in Richmond County, Va., where he became a large planter.

In October of 1756 he enlisted with Captain Henry Harrison’s company in response to the call of Governor Dinwiddie for volun- teers in the French and Indian Wars. In the record of his enlistment he is described as being five feet eleven inches tall and with brown hair and eyes. He is further said to have been a man of good education and pleasing appearance and manner.
He was twice married, the name of his first wife being un- known but by that marriage he had one son, Simon, from whom the Missouri Cockrills are descended. His second wife was a Miss Fox of the famous family of that name. To the second wife was born John Junior, who is commonly called Major John Cockrill to dis- tinguished him from his father, John the Emigrant.

MAJOR JOHN COCKRILL
Major John Cockrill was bom in Virginia, Dec., 19, 1757. He died at Nashville, Tennessee, April 11, 1837.

11/22/2021 at 12:05 PM

Erica Howton look at the Revision tab for "Deborah"
They are the same woman.

11/22/2021 at 12:08 PM

Deborah Cockrum (Fox)'s profile was updated by Erica Howton. about me
Nov 4 at 3:28 AM · view
C
Deborah Cockrum (Fox)'s profile was updated by Erica Howton. nicknames
Nov 4 at 3:17 AM · view
C
Deborah Cockrum (Fox)'s profile was updated by Erica Howton. about me
Nov 4 at 3:04 AM · view
C
Deborah Cockrum (Fox)'s profile was updated by Erica Howton. master
Nov 4 at 3:03 AM · view
C
Deborah Cockrum (Fox)'s profile was locked by Erica Howton. relationship
Nov 4 at 3:03 AM
C
John Cockrill and Deborah Cockrum (Fox)'s marriage was updated by Erica Howton. status
Nov 4 at 3:03 AM · view
C
Deborah Cockrum (Fox) was disconnected from her husband David Edward Collinsworth, Sr. and children Hannah Welch (Collinsworth), Edmund Fox Collinsworth, Eleanor Wygal (Collinsworth), Abraham Collins (Collinsworth) and 1 other by Erica Howton.
Nov 4 at 3:02 AM
C
Deborah Barbara Cockrum (Fox)'s profile was updated by Erica Howton. middle name
Nov 4 at 3:02 AM · view
C
Barbara Thebie Collinsworth (Fox)'s profile was updated by Erica Howton. birth, first name, last name, and middle name « less
Nov 4 at 3:02 AM · view
C
John Cockrill and Barbara Thebie Collinsworth (Fox)'s marriage was updated by Erica Howton. status
Nov 4 at 3:01 AM · view
C
Barbara Thebie Collinsworth (Fox) was disconnected from her parents Henry Fox, Jr., Esq. and Mary Fox (unknown) and siblings Col. Henry Fox, III, Unity Carroll (Fox), Col. Richard Fox and Jacob Fox by Erica Howton.
Nov 4 at 3:01 AM

Barbara Thebie Collinsworth (Fox)'s profile was updated. about me
Nov 4 at 3:00 AM · view

Wilbur Dean Cockrum was added as a manager of Barbara Thebie Collinsworth (Fox).
Nov 4 at 3:00 AM

Barbara Thebie Collinsworth (Fox)'s profile was updated. nicknames
C
Deborah Barbara Cockrum (Fox) was merged into Barbara Thebie Collinsworth (Fox) by Erica Howton.

Barbara Thebie Collinsworth (Fox)'s profile was updated by Pamela Kay Bailey, (MLA). birth and death
Aug 20 at 5:35 PM · view

11/22/2021 at 12:13 PM

I am simply trying to keep unattached duplicates floating around since the name is exactly the same as Deborah's WAS.

11/22/2021 at 12:14 PM

I don’t care about revisions. I care about notes in profiles. I’m not disagreeing to the merge: I’m adding source information to review.

Why do you say https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Cockrill_(politician)- wasn’t an emigrant?

11/22/2021 at 12:14 PM

Wikitree is a MESS. Unreliable unless sourced but this was a timeframe and region that suffered great losses of records.

11/22/2021 at 12:16 PM

Erica Howton C
Today at 2:14 PM
I don’t care about revisions. I care about notes in profiles. I’m not disagreeing to the merge: I’m adding source information to review.

Then why do you keep deleting my note that she was believed to have been Native American?

As per the immigrant comment on this thread, I deleted it. I was referring to the son.

11/22/2021 at 12:19 PM

Wikipedia says: Personal life and death
Cockrill married Anne Robertson Johnson Cockrill, the sister of James Robertson.[1] They had eight children, including Mark R. Cockrill.[1] Cockrill built the first brick house in Nashville, on Cedar Street (now Charlotte Avenue).[1] Half Brother was Edward Collinsworth whose son was James Collinsworth a Veteran of San Jacinto

but she was disconnected from Collinsworth. I thought this was because the old research was in error

11/22/2021 at 12:19 PM

Wikipedia says: Personal life and death
Cockrill married Anne Robertson Johnson Cockrill, the sister of James Robertson.[1] They had eight children, including Mark R. Cockrill.[1] Cockrill built the first brick house in Nashville, on Cedar Street (now Charlotte Avenue).[1] Half Brother was Edward Collinsworth whose son was James Collinsworth a Veteran of San Jacinto

but she was disconnected from Collinsworth. I thought this was because the old research was in error

11/22/2021 at 12:20 PM

It hiccupped.

11/22/2021 at 12:22 PM

I moved the Native American note down to references.

Let’s look for this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Cockrill

Half Brother was Edward Collinsworth whose son was James Collinsworth a Veteran of San Jacinto

11/22/2021 at 12:28 PM

Deborah or Barbara Kells Has no notes in profile, it’s an original Gedcom upload from 2010. I have no idea of Collinsworh accuracy.

11/22/2021 at 12:49 PM

Private

11/22/2021 at 1:08 PM

Yes, I know. Scott Hibbard uploaded 400,000 profiles in 2010. He’s not an active researcher. Thor Gedcoms were pretty good but we’re still merging, and there were no notes at all.

I’m pleased with what we have so far now.

11/22/2021 at 1:10 PM

What the reference for Susannh Cockrum as a wife of Maj. John Cockrill

11/22/2021 at 1:23 PM

None of this is my research at this point. I have not worked on the line at this generation.

Showing all 19 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion