Started by Private on Wednesday, December 1, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 14 posts
Private
12/1/2021 at 2:20 PM

Geni may or may not have my line to him. I will add my line to him soon.

12/1/2021 at 2:35 PM

Huh? lol

Private User
12/1/2021 at 3:06 PM

Howard Crosby Rankin, Jr is Richard Warren, "Mayflower" Passenger's fifth great grandson's wife's fourth great nephew!

Richard Warren, "Mayflower" Passenger
→ Abigail Snow
his daughter →

Lydia Skiffe
her daughter →

Deborah Presbury
her daughter →

Content Luce
her daughter →

Ezekiel Luce
her son →

Samuel Luce
his son →

Ezekiel Luce
his son → Nancy C Luce
his wife →

Elizabeth Kimball
her sister →

Almira Rankin
her daughter →

Alfred S. Rankin
her son →

Arthur Seldon Rankin
his son →

Howard Crosby Rankin, Sr.
his son →

Howard Crosby Rankin, Jr
his son

(I didn't see any conflicts that would seem to break the chain; and although not a blood relationship, it is a fairly direct in-law path.)

12/1/2021 at 3:59 PM

"....fifth great grandson's wife's fourth great nephew"

This is a joke, right!??

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see any relationship.

Private User
12/1/2021 at 4:03 PM

According to the relationship calculator, your gg-grandmother's aunt's husband is a direct descendant.

Private User
12/1/2021 at 4:11 PM

I posted too quick, was going to add that if you can find a valid connection to either the Luces or Presburys, you might have it.

12/1/2021 at 8:22 PM

Private, it appears that Geni doesn't have your direct line to Richard Warren.

12/2/2021 at 9:54 AM

...just be careful not to create duplicates!

t's best to work backwards from old to new, with Geni Open in a different tab and use google to search for existing profiles, until you work your way down the connection point.

Good luck.

Private
12/3/2021 at 4:39 PM

He is my eleventh great grandfather. Since I have not completed my Geni tree that far back, he may not show up as a direct ancestor.

Private
12/4/2021 at 5:24 AM

Debra Denman, If that line to Richard Warren is accurate, I may be a double descendant of Richard Warren.

12/5/2021 at 12:58 PM

I am getting duplication/merge request notifications from at least 3 of your recent additions. You should have searched for your missing connection point and only added the missing profiles.

Remember, there is no such thing as "My Geni Tree" - there is only one Geni Tree, and the profiles you manage only need to be connected to it. Once your missing connection point is identified, that person needs only to be connected to his/her existing parents - provided that you have sources to back it up.

Maybe I should have been clearer about that earlier. Anyhow, now someone needs to delete your duplicates and connect to the missing branch.

12/6/2021 at 11:38 AM

I did a little checking, working back from Richard Warren, and all the profiles you added down to and including this one Jeremiah S Curtis are duplicates. The duplicate for your Jeremiah Curtis is here: Jeremiah Curtis - and shows his wife as Polly Day, not Lucy Westcott. Also the two Jeremiah birth dates are off by 10 years, and Polly Day is only showing one child (Henry Curtis), no Charlotte.

This could mean that the existing Jeremiah married twice and Lucy Westcott was #2, but you would need to find some documentation of that in order to add her.

Hope that helps.

12/6/2021 at 12:23 PM

Here is the descendant report on your duplicate Richard Warren profile, FYI:

https://www.geni.com/list/descendants/6000000180620111827#15

12/6/2021 at 2:26 PM

Different parents given for the Jeremiah Curtis who married Lucy Westcott

Benjamin Curtis
Jamima Royall (born Curtis)

https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/vitals/LCC6-DH8

Showing all 14 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion