Elizabeth Worstall (Wildman) - The Cold Spring Farm next to the WIlliam Hamill Place and a coincidental cycle in my pedigree

Начал Частный профиль сегодня
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

• Частный профиль
    Geni Pro

Упомянутые профили:

Проекты:

Показаны все сообщения (5)
Частный профиль
Сегодня в 4:57 до полудня

My maternal grandparents birth surname are <WIldman> and <Bean> The tow families had long been in Pennsylvania.

curator comment : An interesting feature for me is that both Elizabeth and her brother Joseph Wildman, Sr. are my own multi-great grandparents. (No they didn't marry each other ! ;) So many 'cycles' for me in the old PA Quaker lines!
comment #2: Oddly, two descendants of my Wildman and Bean immigrant lines ended up in West Norriton township and lived on property adjoining each other in the same era.

As follows:
1) In Elizabeth Worstall (Wildman)'s line there was Edward Worstall Hibbs (1830-1896) The old farm house still stands an is pictured on Edward's profile
2) In the <Bean> line Col. [[Hon. William Bean Hon. William Bean] Col.Theodore Weber Bean] (1833-1891) who lived across the Lane on "The Cold Spring Farm" with his parents and his large family. ¶ Theodore eldest sibling, Jesse Weber Bean wrote illuminating letters that I've read. An exploration of the details therein combined with property maps of the era allowed me to make these connections.
| Theodore's grandfather once sold ten acres to a prior owner of the Edward Worstall Hibbs farm in 1849. He was getting old and was evidently divesting himself of his assets.
| Long before Col. Theodore went off to War in 1862 the rest of the Cold Spring Farm was sold

here are some key profiles to look at should anyone be interested:
Elizabeth Worstall
and her descendant
Edward Worstall Hibbs mentioned above

I quote from some of my earlier work:
(from) sleuthing about the Bean farm known as the Cold Sprng Farm in West Norriton and its relation to neighboring properties. In Jesse W. Bean's letter of July 1895 he mentions the Wm. Hamill farm that was next to or part of the Bean land in the early 1800s. I found the house on google maps! See attachments. According to a recent real estate posting it was built c. 1778 The letter speaks of dim memories about how Jesse's grandfather, Jesse, had difficulties. Evidently he was cheated in a real estate transaction The passage reads: "Grand Father Father gave him the old Woodville place I think he bought it of one of the old stock of Boyers that come to griff in building the house that was on it and it contained many broad acres it took in all of the Samuel Swift farm and a large part of the Steven Porter or Wm Hamill place Grandfather lost many acres of land in setling old man Markleys land Father of Abraham and Samuel Markley They told him that there (were) no debts against the Estate of any amount and persuaded him to pay of some claims in full thereby making him responsible for the whole amount of all claims and it took more than half of his land " The sense being: John Bean (1723-1799) gave Jesse Bean (1761-1847) the old Woodville place. The writer of the letter is Jesse's grandson Jesse who thinks that originally the land included the Samuel Swift farm and part of the Steven Porter or Wm. Hamill place. Deciphering the vernacular of the letter is difficult as there was little punctuation and poor spelling in the original. The key to identification of the house photo I include here is an 1849 map that I've poured over for some time. It has Wm. Hamill on it. Note: William Hamill married a Porter. Hamill is listed in the 1850 census as a manufacturer and a farmer. He is also in the 1830 census living on the same page as the Jesse and Wm. Bean families.

William Hamill of West Norriton
Jesse Bean of Norriton Township , grandfather of Col. Theodore Weber Bean
Charlotte Davis
Jesse Bean Davis , son of Charlotte
|| (in his bio it says that as a young man he was on his father's farm. This farm may have been the one in Jeffersonville, West Norriton Twp. which would have been part of the Cold Spring farm owned by Jesse Bean of Norriton Township

Частный профиль
Сегодня в 5:05 до полудня

On my Wildman side of the equation:
The brother of Elizabeth Worstall (Wildman) is Joseph Wildman, Sr.

Once again Elizabeth and her brother are both direct ancestors for me and my brothers and some of my cousins; my two remaining Wildman/Bean aunts as well: Barbara Moore and Vickie Postigo...

I hope that the children of my deceased brother Не показывать (and their children!) will see this someday... {MMvB Jan 4, 2024}

I write this down for the benefit of their interest.

Частный профиль
Сегодня в 5:09 до полудня

a couple other urls to include:
Sgt. Jesse Weber Bean (CSA)
Col. Theodore Weber Bean, (USA) > who started the Historical Society of Montgomery County with the help of others.
It is he who wrote the definitive history of the County for that day.

Частный профиль
Сегодня в 5:15 до полудня

For my immediate relatives:
If you are interested to see how the descendants of our 7th great grandmother, Elizabeth Worstall née Wildaman, became Wildmans again, it goes as follows with surnames:
https://www.geni.com/path/Michael-M-van-Beuren+is+related+to+Elizabeth-Worstall?from=6000000019182195571&path_type=blood&to=6000000006598679360

Частный профиль
Сегодня в 5:19 до полудня

It was Frank Black Wildman and his wife Mattie Brown Wildman who moved from Bucks County to Norristown, theeby closing the geographical gap of the <Bean> and <WIldman> families when their son Franklin Brown Wildman married Elizabeth Lee (Bean) Wildman

Показаны все сообщения (5)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении