ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Shmuel-Aharon Kam (Kahn / שמואל-אהרן קם (קאן on Sunday, September 5, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 6451-6480 of 8939 posts

Thank you Erica and Eldon. All data conflicts are resolved. I hope the error message won't recur, but I have no control over that.

is this because you're not a PRO?

I wouldn't think so rvk. Anyone can initiate a merge request, there shouldn't be an error message unless there's something "off" about the profile.

Hello - I added my birth mother to my profile yesterday as an ex-wife of my dad because there was no other option for a basic user. I realized this may screw up other people who are linked to my Dad's tree. Could you please remove her from my tree? S. Welker (Birth Mother) is the name.

Thank you.

Ashley,

Do you want one of us to move you, so that you are under the correct set of parents or just get rid of your birth mother?

Kevin

Dear Erica,
The option to change a persons profile to public is no longer available?
What happened? Deceased persons when entered often automatically come out as public profiles, but when not, the option to change them to public is gone!
Regards
Gary Westermann

I'm not sure, but I think that if they are out of your close family limit they will automatically be 'public' and not require a manual coding....I have noticed that with profiles of people who are in my extended searches....they are i.e. 7th cousins etc..(outside the auto-private range).

Alexander Cummine
Yesterday on the previous page of this discussion i reported that i can not upload a video directly to my great grandmother's profile.
I don't know if it will help the engineers at all but while i still cannot load it directly to her profile i have been able to upload it to a project then link it to her.

Sorry wrong Alex!

Alex Clayton White last message was meant for you.

Fay Elizabeth Dyer

experience makes wiser, now I THINK to understand the difference in PUBLIC-PRIVATE outcome of NEW INPUTTED PROFILES. I myself am very used to use TREE-VIEW for that particular 'klusje' but some days ago it was on MY computer, not a small one, rather modern, NOT possible to get that function on my screen. But I had found interesting fathers &/o mothers and I NEver ever store in personal databses, for if you use Dutch DIGITAL archives, you usually can find them all again...

BUT, what was the case? you can ALSO add new siblings etcetera via the PROFILE -single, not his/her tree- page new relatives. Well that is trickey, for the ALWAYS ask to put in an email, even if it is about my grandmotherfathersmother, you see. And than the bell rings for a visitor or a telefone somewhere else in the house and I, stupid, but the trutch, forget to make them public after I controlled every input-aspect & etcera. You see the problem after some days for other USERS, not only my family-membern nor my coll-laborators en/of co-operative geni-users?
.... to be continued soon, here some work to be done... -;)

It may be klunky, but I add people in tree view, and then go into the profile view (I work a lot with 'about me' which is not available in tree view)....so I get a reminder every time about the 'public' or 'private'....since it shows in tree AND in profile....if you miss it in one, you can address it in the other.

If there is a middle name, there is no place for it in the tree view....under ADD siblings etc....so the only option is to put them together...

My phone is within arms reach of the computer, and I can see both front and side doors from where I work....

Private User and all:

There is a simple way to check for -- and quickly change -- private, deceased profiles to public. The directions are on the lower part of this project's Description: http://www.geni.com/projects/Brick-Wall-Workshop/13085

I have saved that set of "search criteria" for quick recall, so that I no longer worry about "is this deceased's profile public or private?" because it is so simple to check for and change any that are not set the way I wish them to be set!

Re: public / private

In profile view, I see a hyperlink at the bottom right of the "overview," text is"view all."

I click that.

It opens up a "list" of Immediate Family (that profile's family group)

On the right there is a toggle / quick edit / make this profile public

Another way is the "radio button" on the edit / basics tab

The bottom line is you have to get out of tree view to better refine privacy settings to what you want them to be.

Thanks Alex Moes that does help! At first I was seeing issues uploading to your own profile, but that is working now. Seems with your findings it is a little more widespread. I'll include your report in the ticket that the engineer is working on. As always, thanks for reporting!

Berish Bernat Rosenschein
Hi guys, my uncle is part of an abandoned tree....can anyone help me gain manager control over his profile?
thanks in advance
Nathan

Nathan Rosenshein,

The merge was done over 7 hours ago. There is a data conflict that you need to clean up and the two profiles will be fully merged.

Kevin

thanks kevin!

On John Audley, Il can you put a note stating she is not the wife of John Audley, Il,

and put the note on Martha Odlin that she is not the wife of William Wilbore, of Little Compton

While it might seem it is that way, there are trees out there that have them of together as being married to the both men.

Thank you

Sorry, I'm just trying to get the point across that the Martha Holmes are two different people, even though both of them have there own MP, there is still some confusion with it. So in the notes, of each MP of the Holmes if it can be stated that they weren't married to the other persons husband, this would help.

Thanks

Please help merge and correct parents Father is Samuel Dunbar 1704-1786. Mother is Melatiah Hayward 1707-1743. Mehitable Copeland

Dea Lowry Merged and should be correct now

Thank you Kris

This profile appears to be abandoned. Unknown Profile. Geni says I am 15th gr-grandson and I volunteer to manage the profile. Thanks, yay or nay.

Danny

It looks like the manager is not removed on those profiles yet even if the account is closed, so we need some some help from Geni staff here.

Thanks Bjorn.

It happened Private User, and in researching Rhys ap Thomas further discovered he already has a MP. And you are among the managers. This profile shows him as my 15th gg while the other says he's a close cousin, multiple times removed. Is there any way to compare them?

Drolli

Yes it looks like your management request went through for Sir Rhys ap Thomas, K.G., of Dynevor

Compare with the MP

Sir Rhys ap Thomas, K.G., of Dynevor

- If minor questions, merge and resolve conflicts to the MP values
- if major questions, raise a discussion on the MP profile / and / or "contact manager"
- give Geni indexing at least a day to update relationship paths

Alice Zoe Marie Knapp

Can you take a look at these profiles & advise if clearer now?

Martha Wilbore

Martha Odlin

Nah, it was not a management request that went through, it was a plain profile hijack by merging in a new duplicate. ;-)

Showing 6451-6480 of 8939 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion