• Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 13 posts
Private User
3/30/2011 at 8:44 PM

I noticed a new error

Chaya Sara Hofstien was a daughter of Eluzor not Eluzer Lipman. This seems to be a new error. I would like to correct it however I am going to ask the question here in case someone has information I dont have. Also she was married twice? Is it possible there were 2 Chaya Sara Hofstien.

This is my grandmother and we do have a family tree and I verified it in the Noam Elimelech descendant book.

Private User
3/30/2011 at 8:48 PM
3/30/2011 at 8:56 PM

Hi Zev,
There is a discussion link on the project page.
It seems that everyone has Elazar and Eliezer mixed up. So, it is really good to hear from direct descendants. The change was made to comply with what appears on other sites as listed on the Project page. But, descendants are the best source. We can easily change everything.

Would you mind contacting Private User he has access to the family tree in Hebrew from a Sefer. Then on the Project Discussion link, or Press "Edit" on the Project Page, and if you leave notes there we can alter the line to conform with what you and Ziv decide is correct.

3/30/2011 at 8:57 PM
3/30/2011 at 9:08 PM

Zev, Private User has access to"Yalkut Einot Noam" is that the same as the Noam Elimelech Descendant Book you are referring to?

Do you want to change the relationship to Elazar as the father, or should I do it for you?

Thank you for pointing out that the Family Tree site has errors. We really appreciate your input in helping to clean up all the errors in this line.

3/30/2011 at 9:23 PM

O.K. Zev, so do you want to make the changes, or if you list them, I wlll make the corrections for you,

By any chance could you give us the full title of the Sefer to add as a source? Is it on www.Hebrewbooks.org ?

Private User
3/30/2011 at 9:30 PM

OK, Can I email it to you and you can decide if we r allowed to upload it?

the editor has an email address
ENoam@013.net.il

Private User
3/30/2011 at 9:32 PM

I am doing the changes I think I have corrected it. I spent some time with a dr that is a descendant 3 times from 3 branches and he really helpe me out with their personal tree which when I finnish entering I hope will bring clarity.

Private User
3/30/2011 at 9:45 PM

Chayuh Suruh Hopstein

She only had one husband, I am not sure how to remove R Shmuel Zanvil Beer. Maybe it is supposed to be Shmuel Zanvil Bindiger who married a first cousin?

3/30/2011 at 10:20 PM

Zev, you are wonderful! Thank you so much for devoting all this time and effort to help clean up the tree. It is a great Mitzvah, you are doing---before you came along it truly was a huge mess.

My email is: malkac21@aol.com

Ziv Barak was going to copy some information from "Yalkut Einot Noam", is that the same book you are using with ENaom as editor? Or is that an additional source?

Re R's Shmuel Zanvil, to remove a connection you go into the main profile, then the relationship tab, and scroll down you will see the option to delete connections.
Just save his profile url in case you want to find it again to connect elsewhere, or "follow" him to make finding him again easier.

Thanks so much Zev!

Private User
3/31/2011 at 1:19 AM

Malka and Zev,
AFAIK, Avaraham Weissblum is not a son of Noam Elimelech, I will delete this connection as well.
Avraham Weissblum ?
Ziv

3/31/2011 at 5:11 AM

Ziv, Thank you so much. You and Zev seem to have similar sources so hopefully between the two of you everything will soon be cleared up.
Malka

Private User
3/31/2011 at 8:57 AM

Ok, I will work with Ziv and hopefully we will get this project done.

Kind regards

from NY

Zev

Showing all 13 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion