Find a Grave

Started by Private User on Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Ray Isbell, Source: https://old.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=143973060
    Geni member
Showing all 14 posts
Private User
8/2/2011 at 4:34 PM

Hello All my question is,
Are the profiles being posted here folks who are of not poseted in "find a Grave"? if so can they be posted?

8/3/2011 at 8:48 AM

Both sites are collaborative communities. Profiles are created by users. If you find a profile you think needs to exist on either site, you can create it.

Private User
8/3/2011 at 2:23 PM

The question is, are these profile posted on the official find a grave site too?

Private User
8/3/2011 at 4:29 PM

What profiles?

Private User
8/4/2011 at 5:51 AM

I think I can answer your question Sophie -- Geni and Find a Grave are two separate entities. The Geni profile managers search Find a Grave for documentation, if they find that any of their profiles have been added to Find A Grave, then they upload that page to the Geni profile for source information.

I'm sure there are several Geni profiles who have not been added to Find A Grave.

Private User
8/4/2011 at 6:03 AM

Okay Sophie, a question for you. Are you referring to the Find A Grave site, or the Find A Grave project within Geni?

Private User
8/4/2011 at 11:53 AM

well, i just wanted to know if the profiles here on the geni project were allready memorialized on find a grave. i think i have my answer after inputting some of the profiles. i do thank u for respoding to my question Leslie.

6/9/2018 at 8:48 AM

I found Findagrave for a Zombie Please post thought let you all know in case some researching her or thier issues with her profile.

Mary Veitch

Billie

6/11/2018 at 5:43 AM

RThis is the first time I've heard of "Zombies". Could someone please explain it to me? Thanks...

6/11/2018 at 8:48 AM

Carol,
Same here but she was listed as that don’t know if she was messed up some how or what?
Billie

6/11/2018 at 11:12 AM

A 'zombie' is a profile on Geni which appears that it should be a Public, deceased profile (e.g.: due to its surrounding profiles with dates, or its position as an ancestor of long-deceased profiles) -- but that 'zombie' currently shows as that of a living person. (i.e.: it is grayed out).

Some 'grayed-out' profiles are legitimately so, such as:
-- living persons, where privacy is paramount.
-- profiles of a deceased person who has living children or siblings.

Only a Curator (or immediate family descendant) can make that determination.

6/11/2018 at 1:03 PM

Mary Veitch should be open profile to all. I updated her bit so things make bit more scents lol. Been busy doing profiles here. Hers was one randomly chosen. Thanks Dan for explaining all to us.
Billie

5/12/2021 at 5:27 PM

These two names were mentioned as having been added to the Find-A-Grave site - but no matter how much or how little info. I put in a Memorial Search there, neither of them show up. Have they realllllllly been added there by someone from Geni?
- Benedicta Ludlow - b. ca. 1391-96, d. 1427 - of Tong Shropshire - (parents names are Sir John de Ludlowe & Isabel Lingen, Lady of Tong).
- Sir Richard Vernon, Speaker of the House of Commons - b. ca. 1390, d. 1495 - of Haddon Hall, near Bakewell, Derbyshire.

Also, I made use of the possible variations of dates - +1 or 3 or 5 years, etc.
I have found a couple of Geni additions on the Find-A-Grave site - & not found several others.
Thanks for any help or advice given...

5/12/2021 at 5:32 PM

When posting that a name in Geni has been added to the Find-A-Grave site, it would be helpful to include the Memorial ID number.

Showing all 14 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion