John Kendrick, Sr.
|Birthplace:||Gloucester, King William, Virginia|
|Death:||Died in Mecklenburg Co, Virginia|
|Place of Burial:||Mecklenberg Co, Virginia|
Son of William Kendrick and Sarah Jane Kendrick
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for John Kendrick, Sr.
About John Kendrick, Sr.
John Kendrick, born 30 June 1735 in prob. Isle of Wight co. VA., married in 1759 Amy Fox in Mecklinburg co. VA.
- He wrote his will 10 October 1807, died on 1 July 1811, and the will was probated 15 July 1811. [Will Book 7 p. 115, Mecklinburg co., Virginia Fami ly Records]. Mentions wife Amy, daughter Molly Cunningham - deceased, and her children Keziah, Jacob, Rebecca Jones, George and Sally K. Baird and "my grandson" John Cunningham; children of son William - deceased, not named; daughters Sarah Patrick, Keziah Stevens, son John, daughter Betsy Price, son James, daughter Obedience Dinkins, daughter Lucy Dinkins, grandsons Greenberry and Asa Stevens and John Stevens.
- KENDRICK, JOHN DAR Ancestor #: A064629
- Service: VIRGINIA Rank: CAPTAIN
- Birth: 6-30-1735 KING WILLIAM CO VIRGINIA
- Death: (POST) 10-16-1807 MECKLENBURG CO VIRGINIA
- Service Source: ELLIOTT, REV WAR RECS MECKLENBURG CO VA, PP 93, 174, 176; PENSION OF JAMES H. KIDD *S16436
- Service Description: 1) ALSO LT; MECKLENBURG CO, MILITIA
- Residence 1) County: MECKLENBURG CO - State: VIRGINIA
- Spouse Number Name 1) AMY FOX
- source: http://services.dar.org/public/dar_research/search_adb/?action=full&p_id=A064629
Notes for John Kendrick:
- Kendrick, John b. 1735, son of William of King William Co., and Sara (Jone s); m. 1760 Amy Fox b. 1740 dau. of Col. Richard of King William Co., and Hannah (Williamson). Dinkins p. 10. (Marriages of Virginia Residents Vol II, Part I, Surnames K-L, Page 85)
- On Sept 4, 1759, Richard Fox made a deed of gift to his son-in-law John Kendrick, in Lunenburg County, Virginia. (D.B. 5, p 545.)
- John and Amy Fox Kendrick appear in numerous deeds in Mecklenburg Virginia .
- John was appointed First Lt. in Capt. James Lewis' Company, Oct. 13, 17 77 (Mecklenburg O.B. 4, page 374). Took an oath as a militia officer M ay 11, 1778 (page 403). Later became a Captain and saw active service. The land-tax records of Mecklenburg refer to him as Capt Kendrick in 178 2, 1787, and 1789.
John Kendrick, Sr.'s Timeline
June 30, 1735
Gloucester, King William, Virginia
Mecklenburg, Virginia, USA
December 16, 1811
Mecklenburg Co, Virginia
Mecklenberg Co, Virginia