Matching family tree profiles for Joseph Hastings
About Joseph Hastings
Joseph Hastings was christened on 10 Jul 1698 in Charlestown, MA. He died on 23 Mar 1783. He was buried in Grove Hill Cemetery, Waltham, MA. He married Lydia Brown on 02 Oct 1716 in Watertown, MA. Joseph signed a will on 13 Mar 1781 in Waltham, MA. He had a will probated on 02 Apr 1783 in MA.
Lydia Brown was born on 30 Dec 1697 in Watertown, MA. She died on 05 Feb 1768 in Waltham, MA. She was buried in Grove Hill Cemetery, Waltham, MA. She married Joseph Hastings on 02 Oct 1716 in Watertown, MA.
They had the following children:
- Eliphalet Hastings was born on 10 Oct 1734. He died on 16 Nov 1824.
- Thankful Hastings was born on 12 Oct 1736. She died on 29 Mar 1807.
- Elizabeth Hastings
Lydia - b. Dec. 30, 1697, Watertown, MA; d. Feb. 5, 1768, Lexington, MA. Married Oct. 2, 1716 Joseph HASTINGS. Bond's Watertown identifies Joseph as the son (b. Jan. 3, 1684/5, Watertown, MA) of Joseph HASTINGS and Martha SHEPARD, and gives Lydia's death as before Dec. 15, 1730 under the BROWN family, but gives births of her children to 1742 under the HASTINGS family.
Bond gives the children of Lydia and Joseph HASTINGS as:
- Elizabeth (b 1717) married Samuel WHITNEY;
- Lydia (b 1718) married Lt. Zechariah SMITH;
- Grace (b 1720) married Phineas WARREN;
- Joseph (1722) married Hannah HASTINGS;
- Lucy (b 1726) married Moses WINSHIP;
- Josiah (b 1728) married Lydia BALL;
- Jonas (b 1729) married Mary BENJAMIN;
- Susannah (b 1731) married John CUTTER and Simeon GOULD;
- Elizabeth (b 1732) married Jonathan CUTTER and Samuel FAY; (*There were two daughters with the name of Elizabeth)
- Eliphalet (b 1734);
- Thankful (b 1736) married Elnathan ALLEN;
- Sarah (b 1737)
- Isaac (b 1739) died in infancy; and
- Lois (b 1742) married Elisha HOBBS.
Hudson's History of Lexington identifies Joseph as the son (bap. Jul. 10, 1698, Lexington, MA) of John HASTINGS and Abigail HAMMOND, gives Lydia's death as noted above, and says they had seven children. Hudson says Joseph married second Jan. 16, 1769 Mrs. Sarah STEARNS (d. Mar. 23, 1783). Clarification is being sought.
Joseph Hastings's Timeline
Watertown, Middlesex County, Province of Massachusetts, (Present USA)
March 4, 1717
Watertown, Middlesex, MA, USA
November 26, 1718
April 2, 1720
Watertown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, United States
June 1, 1722
Watertown, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States
April 9, 1726
February 28, 1728
September 15, 1729
May 26, 1731
Waltham, Middlesex, MA