Famous People Connected to Bedfordshire
(Image right - John Bunyan)
Please add information about people of renown connected to Bedfordshire, England. If the person has a profile on Geni please add their profile to the project and add the link in bold.
Free to follow, request to collaborate
To join the project use the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page.
Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance.
See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
- Harold Maurice Abrahams, CBE, (15 December 1899 – 14 January 1978) was a British athlete of Jewish origin. He was Olympic champion in 1924 in the 100 metres sprint, a feat depicted in the 1981 movie Chariots of Fire.
- Margaret Beaufort Countess of Richmond and Derby (31 May 1443 or 1441 – 29 June 1509) -the mother of King Henry VII and paternal grandmother of King Henry VIII of England.
- John Bunyan (Harrowden, near Bedford, 28 November 1628 – London, 31 August 1688) was an English tinker, preacher and writer. He wrote The Pilgrim's Progress
- Sir William Harpur, philanthropist
- John Winston Howard (born 26 July 1939) was the 25th Prime Minister of Australia
- John Le Mesurier, actor and comedian
- Sir Joseph Paxton (3 August 1803 – 8 June 1865) was an English gardener, architect and Member of Parliament, best known for designing The Crystal Palace.
- Charles Wells born in Bedford in 1842; founder of Charles Wells Brewery, a company which is still in the town
- Jack Wild - the teenage Artful Dodger in the 1968 film "Oliver!" for which he received an Oscar nomination - is buried in Toddington Parish Cemetery - http://www.findagrave.com/php/famous.php?page=cem&FScemeteryid=2184551
Related Projects on Geni
this project is in History Link