Dumfries-shire Main Page
Historic County of Scotland
This is the Umbrella project for Dumfries-shire
Still to Come
Dumfries-shire Genealogical Resources
- Administrative centre Dumfries
- Chapman County Code - DFS
- Gaelic Name iorrachd Dhùn Phris
- Famous for:
- Landmarks and Places of Interest
- Area 2,753 sq. km (1,063 sq. miles)
- Succeeded by Today it forms part of the Region of the Dumfries and Galloway council area.
- County Flower -
Dumfries-shire (Anglicised), Dumfries or the County of Dumfries is a registration county of Scotland. It had Kirkcudbrightshire to the west, Ayrshire to the north-west, Lanarkshire, Peeblesshire and Selkirkshire to the north, and Roxburghshire to the east. To the south was the coast of the Solway Firth, and across the English border Cumberland.
- Dumfries and Galloway and
- Half Morton
- Kirkpatrick Juxta
- St Mungo
- Tynron Doon
If you have Dumfries-shire connections please join the project.
Feel free to follow, request to collaborate
To join the project use the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page.
Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance.
See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!