Famous People Connected to Kincardineshire
Historic County of Scotland
Image right - James Beattie FRSE (1735 – 1803)
People of note with connections to the county are listed below. Some of these connections are a little tenuous - counties like to lay claim to people of renown!
Feel free to follow, request to collaborate
To join the project use the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page.
Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance.
See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
Please add information about people of renown connected to Kincardineshire, Scotland. If the person has a profile on Geni please add their profile to the project and add the link in bold.
- John Campbell Arbuthnott, 16th Viscount of Arbuthnott, KT, CBE, DSC, JP (26 October 1924 – 14 July 2012) was a Scottish peer, Lord Lieutenant of Kincardineshire (1977–1999) and a notable businessman.
- James Beattie FRSE (25 October 1735 – 18 August 1803) was a Scottish poet, moralist and philosopher.
- Lewis Grassic Gibbon was the pseudonym of James Leslie Mitchell (13 February 1901 – 7 February 1935), a Scottish writer.
- Sir Charles Abercrombie Smith (12 May 1834 - 1 May 1919) was a prominent scientist, politician and civil servant of the Cape Colony. Born in St Cyrus, Kincardineshire, Scotland - he emigrated and settled in the Cape Colony in 1860
Related Projects on Geni
- Kincardineshire Main Page
- Historical Kincardineshire (Link to follow)
- People Connected to Kincardineshire
References, Sources and further reading
this project is in History Link