Kincardineshire Main Page
Historic County of Scotland
This is the Umbrella project for Kincardineshire
Still to Come
Kincardineshire Genealogical Resources
- Administrative centre Stonehaven
- Chapman County Code - KCD
- Gaelic Name
- AKA also known as Kincardineshire or The Mearns (from A' Mhaoirne meaning 'The Stewartry')
- Famous for:
- Landmarks and Places of Interest
- Allardice Castle
- Cowie Castle, (ruins)
- Dunnottar Castle
- Fetteresso Castle
- Fowlsheugh Nature Reserve
- Lewis Grassic Gibbon Centre, Arbuthnott
- Muchalls Castle
- Portlethen Moss
- The Tolbooth, Stonehaven
- Ury House
- Area 985 sq. KM (380 sq.miles)
- Succeeded by
- County Flower -
Kincardineshire was a local government county on the coast of northeast Scotland. It was bounded by Aberdeenshire on the north and west, and by Angus on the south.
The Districts of Kincardineshire
- Cowie Water,
- Carron Water,
- Luther Water,
- Burn of Muchalls,
- Burn of Pheppie,
- Burn of Elsick,
- Burn of Monboys and the
- lower reaches of the River Dee.
If you have Kincardineshire connections please join the project.
Feel free to follow, request to collaborate
To join the project use the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page.
Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance.
See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!