Notables in the Newspaper Business
- William Randolph Hearst American newspaper magnate and leading newspaper publisher
- Rupert Murdoch Australian-American business magnate. He is the founder and Chairman and CEO of News Corporation, the world's second-largest media conglomerate.
- Adolph Simon Ochs American newspaper publisher and former owner of The New York Times
- Arthur Sulzberger.
- Kerry Packer Succeeding his father Sir Frank Packer, Kerry was the owner of the leading Australian Publishing Company (ACP) and the Nine Television Network. One of the most influential men in Australia. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerry_Packer]
- Julian Assange Australian journalist, publisher, and Libertarian. He is best known as the spokesperson and editor in chief for WikiLeaks.
- Christopher Hitchens English-American author and journalist whose books, essays, and journalistic career span more than four decades.
- Thomas Friedman Pulitzer Prize winning journalist for The New York Times.
- Christiane Amanpour Chief international correspondent at CNN, where she worked for 27 years. Forbes magazine named her one of "The World's 100 Most Powerful Women in the world.
- Cokie Roberts American Emmy Award-winning journalist and writes a weekly column syndicated by United Media in newspapers around the United States.
- Alexander Cockburn Irish American political journalist and writer. Cockburn was brought up in Ireland but had lived and worked in the United States since 1972. Together with Jeffrey St. Clair, he edited the political newsletter CounterPunch. Cockburn also wrote the "Beat the Devil" column for The Nation as well as one for The Week in London, syndicated by Creators Syndicate.
Kluger, Richard. The Paper: The Life and Death of the New York Herald Tribune. Alfred A. Knopf, New York, NY, c. 1986.
(This project is a sub-project in Master Press Project to be developed later. This is a draft, and a work in progress).