Spelling variations of DEMERS include:
Demais, Demers, Demere, Demerre, Demery, Demerey, Demerais, Demeret, Demerez, Demets, Dumais, Dumay, Dumets, Dumoys, Lemers, Lemere, Lemerre, Lemery, Lemerey, Lemerais, Lemeret, Lemerez, Desmery, Démery, Lesmery, Lémery, Lamer, Lamers, Lamere, Lamerre, Lamery, Lamerais, Lameret, Merre, Mérais, Méret, Mérey, Méry, Merrée, Mériaux, Mériau, Mériel, Mériet, Méric, Mérigon, Mérigot, Mériguet, Mérigeau and many more.
- First found in Normandy, where this family was established in early times.
The Great Migration
Some of the first settlers in North America of this family name were:
Demers Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Andre Demers, who arrived in Montreal in 1651
Demers Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Pierre Demers, who landed in South Carolina in 1755
Demers Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- M. Demers, who settled in San Francisco in 1850
- Louis Demers, who came to Oregon in 1852