Roll call- Irish families researched by Geni members

Started by Private User on Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 91-120 of 134 posts

I don't think I posted here yet. Researching Kenney of Rockbridge and Botetourt Counties, Virginia and Petticrew of Dauphin Co., Pennsylvania, Rockbridge County, Virginia, and Montgomery Co., Ohio. Likely that both were from Ulster and before that from Scotland.

Anything on the DRENNAN'S of Co Laois, formally Queens County.

.... and while I'm at it, the LALOR'S also of Queen's County, about the time of the Famine.

Also researching a Davis family of New Jersey. I'm not sure if they were from Cumberland County, Southern New Jersey or moved there. My ggg grandmother, Sarah Davis, was married in Cumberland County, NJ in 1803. I know her mtDNA from my mother's results and it is a fairly rare Northern European type (U4). They are likely also "Scotch Irish" from Ulster if they are Irish since they were Protestant, likely Presbyterian. The mtDNA matches include Scottish and Scotch-Irish, as well as Northern European.

Hello - I'm researching the following surnames -

BREEN & CONNELL - Tipperary
MURRAY & MORRISON - Donegal

DELANEY, MULRONEY, DUFF, DOLLARD, HUMPHREY, GREEN, GIBBONS, NAUGHTON- Unknown

For who is researching this might help http://www.geni.com/discussions/101805

Tip :
In 1841 the island of Ireland had a population of 8.2 million people. Today the island’s population is 6.5 million. Please keep this in mind .It may not be enough to state just a name like O’Brien, or Flynn, or Walker. It would be helpful if more information like dates and context could be provided in case you would like some help finding Irish ancestors

Perhaps of only peripheral interest, but in case anyone wants to come and help on the Medieval Ireland Project: http://www.geni.com/projects/Medieval-Ireland/12064

Justin Durand posted an interesting link which is about founding mothers of Acadia - a French-Canadian DNA project to collect mtDNA of the early French Canadian lines. That made me think about whether whole groups of Irish or Scotch-Irish came over to America together and whether they intermarried and living close together in communities in Ireland and continued this for some time in America. That was the case with some of my other ancestral lines.

Am looking on my fathers side for Carrolls/ O'Carrolls from Kilkenny but also the names Dooley, Curran, O'Keeffe, Delaney and Bond.

On my maternal side; Hickeys, Furlong, Lacy, Walsh, Downs & Barron all from New Ross/ Wexford atea.

Researching Jeffers (Armagh Mullaghbrack Drumnamether)

Andrew Jeffers (1843 – 1903) Sarah Jane Black (1852 – (????)
Issac Jeffers (abt 1880 – ????) James Jeffers ( abt 1880 – ????)

Emigrated to United Ststes landed in Boston, Massachusetts resided in New Bedford, Bristol, MA.. and Fairhaven, Bristol, Massachusetts
Mary A Jeffers (Pierce) (1883–1943) Harriet Jeffers (Ellis) (1887–1980)

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Armagh/Mullaghbrac...

Hello all, I'm Trying to research the Powers; settled in New York, The Deegans ancestores and descendents of Daniel and Johanna Deegan who were born and married in Ireland but gave birth to all of their children and died in New York, The Scanlon Family also came to new york from Ireland.

Melanie Juliette Powers, I'm also working on a Powers line with a New York connection. Ruth Frances Reardon was Conan O'Brien's maternal grandmother Ruth's father, Edward B. Powers, was born in Ossining, Westchester County. Is that anywhere near your Powers family? I would *love* to be able to go farther back than I've been able to so far.

Well, I suppose that message went through enough times... :) Sorry about that!

@Melanie , do you have any dates ?

@Ashley im not sure as to where exactly my Powers family is from but i have reason to believe that a man named John came to New York and had a son named RIchard Thomas or Thomas Richard sometime in 1855 @Anne-Marie the only real dates i have is the dates that my Deegan Ancestors came to the states And rough estimates as to the other members arrival.

the scanlons arrived here sometime after 1880; the powers sometime before 1855 and the deegans arrived here in 1882

@Melanie Powers Power is a Waterford, South East Ireland, name and is descended from the Norman 'de Poer' who were granted lands in County Waterford after the Norman invasion

thank you michael

Can a master List of all the posts be tput together with just the names & counties? Might be easier than scrolling all the pages. it can be added to occasionally?

SEARCHING:

GUY, Joseph - Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown - CO DUBLIN
LONG, Lawrence - Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown - CO DUBLIN

MURPHY, Denis - (Nth) DUBLIN CITY
MASTERSON, Patrick - (Nth) DUBLIN CITY
CAROLAN, Helena - (Nth) DUBLIN CITY

HUNT, James - BANTRY/TIMOLEAGUE, Co Cork
SULLIVAN, Michael - BANTRY, Co Cork

SULLIVAN, Julia - LOUGH AVOUL, - ADRIGOLE, Co Cork

BOHANE, James -
KILCROHANE, SHEEPSHEAD, Co Cork
& WYOMING - COLORADO, USA.

Better Idea might be to create a project page that way everyone can add the names places and their profiles
Will create this this evening

I am creating a project it should be up and running by this evening or tomorrow morning, please do not add any names yet till the setup is done.
Will post the link here when it is ready to use

This discussion will now be closed see project http://www.geni.com/projects/Irish-Families-Researched-by-Geni-User...

Thanks Anne-Marie. :) Nive to see such quick feedback and action. The new projuect page is great.

All comments, and named profiles have now been moved to the new project http://www.geni.com/projects/Irish-Families-Researched-by-Geni-User...

Can you all please be so kind to add one profile of the mentioned family name to this project in order for others to see the trees and find matches.
Also make sure these are public profiles, no profiles of living people please.

Private User Do you want profile links in the listing also or just add to project?

If you like you can add them to the list but please add them to the project anyway . Profiles not in the list on the mainpage but added to the project will be added to the list by me, if adding them to the main list is difficult
Thanks for helping Eldon :)

It usually takes me several times to make them look right :-( If you would be so kind. They are Kelly and Stirling.

Thats ok that happens to me too, but I will add them just link their profile and consider it done :)

Showing 91-120 of 134 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion