Technical problems?

Started by Private on Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 91-120 of 160 posts

the Sent mail feature, seems to be selectively, saving my sent messages...

Sometimes, they are there in "sent" box... sometimes... they are just GONE... after I send them... and there is no record of it in my sent box... this happens sporatically and not consistantly... but often during GENI Sessions and it is quite disturbing... as, I am not even sure if the recipients receive the infomation sent to them, if they don´t answer. Let alone, see what I was doing on 14 branches... the day before... if all of my duplicate profile mails and "Hey we are 12th cousin mails" just get lost into cyber limbo...

Is anyone else, having this problem?

Theresa .... this is a discussion for technical issues related to 'HistoryLink' and 'AncestorGraph' -- not Geni issues. Sorry for the confusing title :-(

Dan Cornett, shouldn't be a problem, though I expect it won't be too valuable with the policy change on deceased profiles becoming public.

re: Deceased = public: I thought about that as a way to help separate the living from the dead ... and to more readily see that boundary. And maybe help identify isolated 'zombies', too.

Dan Cornett, made this change... dark gray=deceased private, light gray=living private.

I like that! (the two 'private' color variations) It works nicely!

I have been trying to catch up adding projects that I haven't added previously but am having great difficulty just adding one project. I try several times but to no avail. Move on to another project and face the same issues. Occassionally it works but more often not!

Terry: I was able to add the Oxford project to History Search without difficulty. I left the All Soul's for you to try again.

This should be the page you are using to add:
http://historylink.herokuapp.com/projects

One can paste either the entire URL *or* just the project number into the box.

However, if the "Add Project" button seems to be grayed-out, refresh the page before pasting in the project #/link.

... by the way, searching on the page for "all soul" found this project already:
http://www.geni.com/project-23889

... which seems to be the same project (just a different way of referring to it).

Thanks Dan - it could be my headache - I was looking at the right hand column only assuming the numbers ran consequetively down the left and then continued down the right!
Stupid mistake!

Now I'm getting this message:
An error occurred in the application and your page could not be served. Please try again in a few moments.

If you are the application owner, check your logs for details.

... that seems to be a 'Jeff' issue to look at ...

Definitely a 'Jeff' problem, as it also affects SmartCopy! 911 - Private User

I hit the site and it seemed to be up. I might be able to restart it, but I only have my phone. Let me know if it was temporary or if it's still an issue.

Must have been a temporary issue (perhaps something common between Terry Internet paths and my Internet paths at the time?), because it's working now.

The site is back but still not accepting all projects:
https://www.geni.com/projects/Mansfield-College-Oxford-University/2... won't load.

Spoke too soon, it's down again!

Yep, up, then down again. This time (with SmartCopy) I got the error
"Problem getting account information - trying again."

Still down ... the 'application error' seems to be in looking up the account info ... that is, the panel seems to be the one that is prompting me to "authorize" the usage of my Geni account. That screen panel is the one showing the 'application error'.

The SmartCopy panel still shows the "Problem getting account information - trying again."

... and now back up ...

Down again ¦¬(

Private User
Getting this one right now. Restarted Chrome but still the same "An error occurred in the application and your page could not be served. Please try again in a few moments.

If you are the application owner, check your logs for details."

The host provider, Heroku, appeared to be having issues. Looks ok now

thats why you all should try ancestry.ca

I'm not sure what that has to do with HistoryLink being down. I run it on a free web server, so I can't complain if it has a bump once in a while. We might be getting an upgrade soon. Randy Schoenberg is doing a migration of his app to the Amazon Cloud and if that works out well, he's offered to host HistoryLink on it as well, which should be pretty fast and available.

Showing 91-120 of 160 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion