Started by Mike Stangel on Friday, August 21, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 2630 posts
8/21/2020 at 3:19 PM

This discussion is a continuation of https://www.geni.com/discussions/192542

A "zombie" is a profile of a deceased person that is incorrectly marked as living. The purpose of this thread is to help get "zombies" marked deceased.

Case A. A Geni user passes away

If a Geni user passes away, use the Report function on their profile to notify Geni Customer Services that the profile is now deceased. Only Geni Customer Services can mark deceased any profile that was a Geni user, no matter how recently or otherwise the person actually logged in to Geni.

Case B. A profile of a person who was never a Geni user is incorrectly marked living, when they are in fact deceased

If you see such a profile on Geni, see if you can mark the profile deceased yourself. If you can't, contact the profile manager(s) and ask them to mark the profile deceased. Alternatively, you can contact users in the family of the profile that is deceased.

Give people a reasonable time to respond to messages - a week or two is reasonable. Not everyone is online every day.

If you have tried these options and failed, then consider posting the profile URL in this discussion.

If you can't get to the exact profile URL, be specific - e.g. "the partner of [partner's URL]"

Curators are generally able to mark deceased any profile on Geni that is incorrectly marked as living if the profile was not a Geni user.

If the profile was born more than 150 years ago, curators can generally also mark the profile public.

Please be prepared to provide evidence of the age of the profile and that the person is indeed deceased if that is not obvious.

If you have details of date / place of death and / or burial, please provide those details too.

Please note that the above mechanisms are intended to be used for profiles that were deceased some time ago. If the profile is of someone very recently deceased, give the family time to grieve, and let them decide when they are ready to mark their family member deceased.

Above all, be courteous and patient.

Private User, the profiles have no dates and are around the 150 years, so curators don’t get the option to change to public.

Private User
8/22/2020 at 10:28 AM

Hedvig Ulrika Piper needs to be marked as dead, also possible that the person who created this have set the birth event prior to the mothers own birth date 1673, it's also possible that the profile is a copy or did not ever exist.

Private User
8/22/2020 at 12:03 PM

Hej Ulf,

Om du läst noggrannare hade du sett min länk till Dopet i Nikolai församling i Stockholm 1695: https://sok.riksarkivet.se/bildvisning/C0056412_00214#?c=&m=&am...

Jag har även gjort en sammanslagning med den tidigar profilen för henne.

Hälsningar
Roger de Robelin

Private User
8/22/2020 at 12:36 PM
8/22/2020 at 12:48 PM

Private User,

I've sent a message to the profile manager asking him to look into it.

Kevin

Private User, I have reversed the merges - uncles/ nephews and aunts/nieces had been merged

Private User
8/24/2020 at 5:31 AM

Humphrey de Stanton

Please make his parent public. This is the second posting for this problem, as it got left behind on the previous zombies discussion. Thank you.

D. E. Stanton

8/24/2020 at 7:08 AM

Private User,

Your request has been taken care of by the profile manager.

Private User,

Done.

Private User
8/24/2020 at 7:10 AM
Private User
8/24/2020 at 7:50 AM

Private

Private

8/24/2020 at 8:17 AM

Private User,

I have marked both of them as deceased and because they were born in the 1890s, I cannot make them public.

Kevin

Private User
8/24/2020 at 10:27 PM
Private User
8/26/2020 at 9:09 AM
Private User
8/26/2020 at 3:21 PM

Private User - I suggest taking a ticket and reporting Bridget Brown to Geni customer services, because the profile shows

Added by: Started family tree

even though born centuries ago.

I would prefer to see that cleaned up before this profile is made public and then potentially merged with other profiles.

8/28/2020 at 9:34 AM

Private User done.

8/28/2020 at 2:04 PM

Private User,

Done.

Private User
8/29/2020 at 2:06 PM
8/29/2020 at 3:51 PM

Private User,

Deze zijn te recent, die moet je aan de beheerder vragen

8/30/2020 at 3:35 PM

John Schumpert

Elizabeth Schumpert

I contacted the profile managers weeks ago and they haven't responded. I fear the trees are "zombified" the whole way back. Any assistance appreciated. Thanks so much. Susanne

Private User
8/30/2020 at 4:05 PM

Susanne Floyd - on and off the grid - I ran a "zombie hunt" in that area. Should be better now

Private User
8/30/2020 at 5:58 PM
Private User
8/30/2020 at 8:28 PM

JC - Thomas Neathery is no longer a zombie

Private User
8/31/2020 at 1:17 PM
8/31/2020 at 2:23 PM

Thanks so much, Private User!

8/31/2020 at 6:05 PM

Hi,

William Taylor Palmer "Jack" Eyres has a number of zombie children, and some children with zombie spouses.

I don't believe any of them can be alive but Geni may have policies here; don't know.

Private User
9/1/2020 at 10:04 PM

Private

Private

Private

And the attached profiles are also private.

Private User
9/1/2020 at 10:05 PM
Private User
9/2/2020 at 5:52 AM

JC - I see no basis on which any of those three profiles or those attached to them are deceased

Sarah Neathery is now public

Private User
9/2/2020 at 5:58 AM

Karl David Wright

I agree - there are likely some zombie children and children-in-law there. But they are all born in last 150 years, so even if they were marked deceased they would remain private. Best contact the profile managers.

Showing 1-30 of 2630 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion