ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Shmuel-Aharon Kam (Kahn / שמואל-אהרן קם (קאן on Sunday, September 5, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 6181-6210 of 8939 posts

This fella has to be a bad merge, his brothers and sisters are all 500 years before his time!
Alexander Cummine

Agreed. He has been disconnected from 500 year old parents.

Thanks Erica!! ;)

Here is a merge which I requested:
http://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000003037819700?from%5Fflash=...

One of the things I do when I request a merge is to see who the managers are and to see if they are with geni anymore by going to their manager profiles. So one of the managers is: Unknown, they abandoned their tree and I clicked on Abandoned Tree in their profile and they weren't able to reassign the tree. This was fine.

But on the other manager it said: Gen. Theodore Roosevelt, Jr., Medal of Honor and when I clicked on the profile, it took me to: Gen. Theodore Roosevelt, Jr., Medal of Honor who is a dead man and has a Master Profile.

I find this very interesting.

This (private member) profile is what we call a "claimed historic profile" - he is impossibly married to Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt, 26th President of the USA

I will report as such and go forward with the merge if I can.

Thank you Erica Howton

Is there an iphone app for geni.com?

Oh dear Erica, that is a dilemma!

Faustine Darsey See: http://www.geni.com/corp/apps/world-family-tree/

I haven't used it so I'm not sure how it works.

Thanks Alice Zoe Marie Knapp,
maybe I'll give it a try.

I have a deceased child in the tree whose profile I'd like to keep private. But I can't change the status even though I added the profile and I am the manager. Why is that? Can someone help? Boštjan Vrčon

Oton the profile is private - do you want a Curator to lock it?

The person is dead. As soon as I change the living status it reverts to public. Can you lock just the private/public status?

To lock the any part of the profile it has to be made an MP - and that makes it public - I don't see a way around this. Perhaps this is a bug or something to do with your not being a pro member - perhaps if I was also a manager it could be done - i will send the request and we can see!

I am unable to make the profile private either - maybe we need some help from GENi here? anyone have a suggestion?

List view is the way to control privacy settings of profiles in your family group.

From the profile view click the link "view all"

This opens up the immediate family list, which is

http://www.geni.com/list?focus_id=6000000021629452204&group=imm...

Then you can use "quick edit"

Alternately from the menus, for all family

Family > lists

Maybe Oton can try that - I tried that root earlier but it may have been too soon.

Tried that before, there is no option for changing the privacy with this profile.

Looks like a bug to me.

I agree - as manager and family group member I cannot do anything. Needs to be reported - I will withdraw - Sorry Oton!

Alex Clayton White Can you help here Alex?

Oton

from what I see I think it might be more simple than it looks

when a deceased profile turns public that's usually means there are no claimed family group members

Ofir Friedman if this is the case we might try to find someone from his family that is able/willing to join Geni.

I believe Ofir is correct & Oton's solution would be excellent.

Help - I stumbled onto a mess of Amasa Aldriches! First I need someone to complete a couple of merges please:
http://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000015622809491?from_flash=1&...

http://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000003937667948?return=duplic...

The correct father for Captain Amasa Aldrich is Capt Levi Aldrich, Sr.

Captain Amasa Aldrich wa the one that married Urana Paine. I had to do some editing on his profile because someone had confused him with Amasa Aldrich who is the real son of Nathan and Hope Thayer Aldrich.

If someone could MP both Amasa's so they won't be confused again that would be awesome!

Thanks!

I think I have found an incorrect merge but it may be deeper than that, and I can't fix it anyway. Elizabeth White The revision on December 29, 2010 is in error I think and somehow merged this Elizabeth with Elizabeth Fuess (birth surname unknown) but whether this is the cause of the problem or a symptom is out of my skill set.

Private User - Thanks for clearing up those confusions! There were a couple of other branches awaiting merges, too. I also MP'd several generations of Levi's and Amasa's to minimize future mis-connections. Make sure things still look good; if you have info to verify siblings and children, that would be good, too.

Dan Cornett - Thanks a bunch!

Danny Franklin Drollinger

Thank you, It's awfully hard to be 2 places at once. I've created an Elisabeth spouse of Wilhelm Fuess and disconnected our Early American immigrant from him.

Showing 6181-6210 of 8939 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion