Prophet Muhammad of Islam (PBUH) - curious about this one....how can it be?

Started by Kristin Felicia VanNest on Monday, February 11, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 1-30 of 51 posts
2/11/2013 at 12:27 PM

I mean no one in m family line is from Islam etc...and other GGF are english (tho I do have rurik on there too as a ggf) ...so how can the same line produce more GGF especially one such as this?

Private User
2/11/2013 at 12:41 PM
2/11/2013 at 1:20 PM

I was surprised when I was connected to Muhammad. I have one ancestor that came to the U.S. in 1630 to New Amsterdam that was 1/2 Arab and 1/2 Dutch. He was from Morocco. There is evidence that I have relatives from North Africa but I have just found it out recently. Another surprise I had was the connection with Abraham and King David. I am having fun discovering these connections but I have questions as to correctness.

Private User
2/11/2013 at 2:02 PM

Remember Geni's slogan: "We are all related".

2/11/2013 at 3:26 PM

Excuse my ignorance. What is GGF. ? One of my ancester is Prophet Ali.

2/11/2013 at 3:43 PM

When I first found out that I was related to Muhammad the prophet my first reaction was to laugh, but after awhile I find myself happy to know my relation to that man. The more I study him, the more I like him and his legacy. There are personality traits I see in both of us that makes me realize that it is possible.

2/11/2013 at 3:49 PM

Ggf is great grandfather... & I don't mind the info at all, I love the diversity of knowing all this I just found it perplexing:)

2/11/2013 at 4:29 PM

This is something i knew eventually would surface,
and, all i can say is this...
Islam wasn't created until about 700 ad approx
people need something to flee from the catholic church
which was created in approx 300 ad approx...
ahhh...
"we are all notes in the same song, just different melodies"
- susan lynne schwenger

2/11/2013 at 4:32 PM

Prophet Muhammad of Islam (PBUH) is your 49th great grandfather
i wonder, are there alot of granddaughters & grandsons ?

2/11/2013 at 4:51 PM

There is an especial Title in Islam and Arabian royalty given to those whose ancestry originated to Prophet Muhammad thru his daughter Fatimah ... SHARRIFF

2/11/2013 at 4:56 PM

The Arabian blood and genes of all Europeans, white Americans are all thru the Spanish ancestors whose Muslim kings rule the Spanish kingdoms for more than 700 years ...

2/11/2013 at 5:41 PM

Exploring this simple bare bones diagram showing the alleged connection between the prophets of the three main religions might help ---http://www.entrybytroops.org/bahaullahs-genealogy.html

2/11/2013 at 5:56 PM
2/11/2013 at 6:01 PM

Fatimah-tuz-Zahra (R.A) is my 49th great aunt.
- where there any titles for his children, or grandchildren ?

2/11/2013 at 8:28 PM

I think it is important to note that the Straits of Gibraltor are quite narrow and the Moorish influence on Spain was tremendous. Considering the royal family mergery between all European countries, is it really a wonder that the Prophet Muhammed is in the tree of Europeans? He was actually more prolific than Charlemagne.

Private User
2/12/2013 at 12:37 AM

Here is the main reason why Muhammed appears in English lines:

HISTORY- The Islamic Moors occupied Spain for 700 years, subjugating the local CelticIberian European people. Some descendants of Muhammed participated in the subjugation, introducing his bloodline into Spain. When Eleanor of England married the King of Castile who had a line of Muhammed's blood, that union introduced Muhammed's line into the English Plantagenet lineage. Today, Queen Elizabeth II is said to be a descendant of Muhammed as a result.

Unfortunately, the heathen Celtic-Iberians of Spain were often sold by the Muslims into slavery. Some historians estimate millions of Celtics were sold over the centuries by Muslim raiders and also Jewish slave traders. Islamic law states that a Muslim cannot enslave a Muslim, but it is OK to enslave non-muslims. Also according to Islamic law, rape is not rape if the girl is a non-Muslim. So white slavery was a very profitable business for Muslims. There were more Europeans enslaved this way than the number of blacks who were shipped to America as slaves. Enslavement by Muslims is why there is a large proportion of Celtic RH negative bloodlines in Northern Africa today, due to the many white Celtic domestic slaves. (The white male slaves however were castrated.)

Eventually, due to the slavery and other abuses, the Spanish Celtic people became motivated and were able to oust the Muslims from Spain partly under the leadership of San Fernando, who was celebrated as a hero and canonized for liberating the Celtic Spanish from the Muslims who had treated them so badly. The Spanish were afraid of Muslims and fought to keep them out.

They also fought to oust most of the Jews too, who first dominated the trade of white slaves. (The word slave comes from slavic, who were a white Balkan people enslaved by Jews from the Black Sea area.) Enslavement by Jews was legal because according to Jewish law, similar to Islamic law, Jews could not enslave other Jews, but it was legal for Jews to sell non-jews into slavery. According to Christian law, you couldn't enslave Christians, but you could enslave "heathens" who were non-Christian Europeans.

Thus, according to all of the various laws at the time, the only way for Spanish Celti-Iberians to escape slavery was to Christianize all of their people and deport everybody else; since you had to be non-heathen and all of the same religion to avoid slavery.

Today the Spanish are criticized for ousting Muslims and Jews, but there was good reason at that time. They were afraid. By Christianizing the heathen population, and ousting both Jews and Muslims, by all laws it freed the Celtic Spanish from risk of being sold into slavery.

Many Jews involved in other trades were able to pay off authorities, who looked the other way, for the right to remain in Spain.

Many moors stayed in Spain too, (such as our Muhammed bloodline) as long as they converted to Christianity and obeyed its laws.

Celtic heathen were protected from being sold into slavery by Christianizing them; and also by ejecting Jews and Muslims, whose laws allowed the enslavement of both heathen or Christian Celtics.

SUMMARY: Slavery was the prime motivation for Muslim raids and the eventual Islamic occupation of heathen Celtic Spain. This occupation included a descendant of Muhammed, who was introduced into the Castilian noble bloodline, who later married Eleanor Plantagenet of England.

SOURCES: The Jewish Encyclopedia: http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/13798-slave-trade

Wikipedia Article on Muslim Slavery: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery

Private User
2/12/2013 at 1:21 AM

IMPORTANT CURATOR NOTE: Islamic versions of pedigrees are not necessarily in agreement with European versions of pedigrees.

Islamic pedigrees must be in accord with official Islamic accounts of history, which are often at odds with European versions.

Also, Shia and Shite (two branches of Islam) pedigrees differ from each other. For example, one branch of Islam only acknowledges one daughter of Muhammed by his first wife, the others are argued to descend from another father. If so, then according to that branch of Islam, the claimed English descendants of Muhammed via Eleanor Plantagenet may not descend from Muhammed.

Readers would need to decide which pedigree is right for their family.

At some point, Geni would need to decide how to handle pedigrees that are completely re-done according to Islamic dictates, as its branches hold opposing views and pedigrees, which disagree with European pedigrees.

According to Islamic law, it is required of Muslims to credit that everything is initially derived from the Koran. For example, there is a Muslim scientific society where you must give the case of how your discovery is to be originally found in the Koran. And likewise for all inventions. When Coca Cola was introduced into Muslim nations they had to call it Mecca Cola (which honors Islam) and explain how the origin of cola had come from Muslim Africa. The Red cross is not allowed in Muslim nations, as it is forbidden, they had to re-do the humanitarian services as the Red Crescent. Even today, the advertising in Islamic nations must explain in the ad how the product is derived from and in keeping with Islamic values.

Pedigrees must be in accord with Islamic version of events, depending on the branch of Islam, which may not be in keeping with each other, or in keeping with European pedigrees or historical accounts.

To keep all branches of Islam happy, they would each have their own version of Geni. (They keep separate in Muslim nations as they cannot agree and hold their histories as inviolable, where it is a crime to disagree.) If they share the same tree, they would always be correcting everyone else's pedigrees when it is unflattering or different than their version.

2/12/2013 at 6:15 AM

Private User Thank you for illuminating us with your intriguing synopsis. The only information on the Celt Iberians that I could find, seems to imply that the Celtic Iberian population was subdued and integrated into the dominant Roman culture, while local leaders were submerged into Roman aristocracy.

Your alert regarding the diverse versions of Mohammad's pedigree is especially enlightening and it would perhaps be an interesting addition to the http://www.geni.com/projects/Mohammad-PBUH/758 Project.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtiberians
The Celtiberians were the most influential ethnic group in pre-Roman Iberia, but they had their largest impact on history during the Second Punic War, during which they became the (perhaps unwilling) allies of Carthage in its conflict with Rome, and crossed the Alps in the mixed forces under Hannibal's command. As a result of the defeat of Carthage, the Celtiberians first submitted to Rome in 195 BC; Tiberius Sempronius Gracchus spent the years 182 to 179 pacifying (as the Romans put it) the Celtiberians; however, conflicts between various semi-independent bands of Celtiberians continued.

After the city of Numantia was finally taken and destroyed by Scipio Aemilianus Africanus the younger after a long and brutal siege that ended the Celtic resistance (154 - 133 BC), Roman cultural influences increased; this is the period of the earliest Botorrita inscribed plaque; later plaques, significantly, are inscribed in Latin. The Sertorian War, 80 - 72 BC, marked the last formal resistance of the Celtiberian cities to Roman domination, which submerged the Celtiberian culture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Spain
The native peoples whom the Romans met at the time of their invasion in what is now known as Spain were the Iberians, inhabiting an area stretching from the southwest part of the Peninsula through the northeast part of it, and then the Celts, mostly inhabiting the north and northwest part of the Peninsula. In the inner part of the Peninsula, where both groups were in contact, a mixed, distinctive, culture arose, called Celtiberian.[7]

The Celtiberian Wars or Spanish Wars were fought between the advancing legions of the Roman Republic and the Celtiberian tribes of Hispania Citerior from 181 to 133 BC.[18][19]

The base Celtiberian population remained in various stages of Romanisation,[21] and local leaders were admitted into the Roman aristocratic class.[22]

Medieval Spain was the scene of almost constant warfare between Muslims and Christians. The Almohads, who had taken control of the Almoravids' Maghribi and al-Andalus territories by 1147, surpassed the Almoravides in fundamentalist Islamic outlook, and they treated the non-believer dhimmis harshly. Faced with the choice of death, conversion, or emigration, many Jews and Christians left.[37]

Together, Isabella of Castile and Ferdinand of Aragon were known as the "Catholic Monarchs" (Spanish: los Reyes Católicos), a title bestowed on them by Pope Alexander VI. The monarchs oversaw the final stages of the Reconquista of Iberian territory from the Moors with the conquest of Granada, conquered the Canary Islands, and expelled the Jews and Muslims from Spain under the Alhambra decree.

Active Geni Projects that might be of interest.

1. http://www.geni.com/projects/Al-Andalus/2762

2. http://www.geni.com/projects/Caliphate-of-Córdoba/4138

3. http://www.geni.com/projects/Emirate-of-Granada/4191

4. http://www.geni.com/projects/Wilayah-of-Huesca/4194

5. http://www.geni.com/projects/The-Golden-Age-of-Jews-in-Sepharad-Al-...

6. http://www.geni.com/projects/Mohammad-PBUH/758

2/12/2013 at 7:10 AM

The pathway to the Prophet is not through slaves or any such thing it is though various royal connections. My ancestry is very similar to that of Kristin, running through the counts of Razes. Keep in mind you only need one person who intermarries to make a connection. I do wonder the status of the Master profile of PBUH. Is it accurate and historically correct ?

2/12/2013 at 7:48 AM

Thank you so much Nancy!! This helped alot!

2/12/2013 at 9:40 AM

i have a question...is The Prophet Muhammad of Islam (PBUH)
considered to be "white" or "brown" skin ?
Thank You, Susan

2/12/2013 at 9:44 AM

Kristen - every generation going back
goes from, 2 to 4, to 8 to 16 to 32 to 64 to 128 to 256 lines...
and, just keeps increating in width by 2 times
(and, that is just to your 8th great grandparent level)
when you are looking at the 49th great grandparent level
the girth & width of grandparents is huge !!!
(there are a few members in my family - on the handy side,
that will definitely find this connection, a hard swallow...
best regards, susan

2/12/2013 at 10:02 AM

i have a question...is The Prophet Muhammad of Islam (PBUH)
and, i hope this isn't a rude one
there are white, black, red, yellow, and, mixed skins
Is there also a 'brown' skin race
and, considered to be "considered to be
a white race" or "brown race" or some kind of 'mixed other' skin race ?
Thank You, Susan
This would be my connection to Prophet Muhammad of Islam PBUH
Prophet Muhammad of Islam (PBUH)

2/12/2013 at 7:02 PM

As far as I know the peoples originating in Saudi Arabia are considered "white". GENI profile provides info that PBUH originated there.
"White" people depending on where they come from can still have brown skin. I don't think we will ever know what color skin PBUH had!!! I find other things fascinating about this connection but the idea of skin color never entered my mind.

2/12/2013 at 7:26 PM

i found some interesting stuff:
Khadijah al-Kubra (r.a.) is your 49th great grandmother. Khadijah bint Khuwaylid 1ST wife of Prophet Muhammad
-- known as: Mother of The Believers; Saidatina Khadijah bint Khuwaylid

going further up the tree, i found
1st wife of Imaam Maulana Ibraheem Khalilulllah Maulaatina Sarah Zauja-e-Imaam Ibraheem is your 103rd great grandfather's 1st wife. is NOT related to me...
but his 2nd wife of Imaam Maulana Ibraheem Khalilulllah Maulaatina Hajira Zauja-e-Imaam Ibraheem is your 103rd great grandmother. Hagar .

Imaam Maulana Ibraheem Khalilulllah is your 103rd great grandfather NOT SURE who this guy is, but some people think he is important ?
is he like 'the adam' and 'the eve' to muslims ???

Patriarch Abraham / אברהם אבינו

2/12/2013 at 7:29 PM

i found zeus too,
but found this one also very interesting:
Gaia Gea Γαα Gaĩa Maa Earth . is your 75th great grandmother.

View the full relationship path:
http://www.geni.com/c/3db70ff9df2f6ca367aea24726c06bb58d429669

2/12/2013 at 7:57 PM

I think that GENI should delete those profiles like Zeus and Gaia as they detract from what is trying to be done here. I have seen those too and I don't know why they allow people to create profiles of people that never existed there should be some basic level of proof that they actually lived.

Private User
2/12/2013 at 9:57 PM

Nancy and everybody:
The following came to my attention: (sorry about the spelling mistakes)
The genealogical lines from Prophet Mohammed entered all the nobility in Europe, not only the Plantagenet line, for the matrimonial links of the Spanish with other nobilities went wide and far, include there the French, before and post Charlemagne and German, the Hungarian, the Scandinavian etc, etc
Not all slaves were CASTRATED in the Muslim world, many returned by virtue of rutine ransoms and had their parts intact. Castration affects the health of the slave seriously. Only the ones to work in the Harems were castrated and at very early age, perhaps to avoid suicides. (not that I condone any castration)
The Jewish were the only ones that were able to go to Muslims countries, knew the language and had fellow Jewish people there living among the Muslim, because they are a people of the "Book",and were not at war with the Muslims, and arrange and negotiate the ransoms for kidnapped people, that otherwise were to be there forever.
The SIN of being an slave holder was alive and well in ENGLAND, not only from other countries, well into 1300', having the fellow Christians enslaved by the LORDS, the serfdom, was a clear and cruel form of slavery. Do you remember "Braveheart".. You had to work for the Lord and could not leave the land, even your wife could be taken by the Lord in her wedding night..Feudalism in its worst form was the worst thing there is, was slavery....
By the time of the Islamic invasion of Iberia, already the romanization had long happened, there were no longer "Celtiberians" as such. Rome had colonized massively the Peninsula and it was called the Roman Hispania. Hispania was the richest Roman Province. Many Emperors had been born there from Spanish families, like Adrianus, and many other Roman historical figures in all realms of life. Around the year 400 a number of Germanic tribes had passed the Pirineos and established themselves in Iberia, Hispania. Those were as I remember, the Goths, the Alani, the Suevi, the Vandals passed by Hispania but were pushed by the Goths to North Africa. The Goths were strong but not too numerous, perhaps 200 000 but all male were warriors, they went to live in a universe of about 5 to 7000 000 Roman Spanish. They were "allowed" by Rome to pass to Spain as they were Federatii, when Rome was already an international conglomerate, the spoke Latin and had Laws copied from or inspired by Roman laws. It is not clear when they abandoned they Germanic language, likely before coming into Spain.
When the Muslims entered Hispania (Spain), there were nobles and rich men of Spanish Roman and Germanic origin, in fact, there is a legend that says that some Count Don Julian, some say visigoth, some say "of the blood of Ceasar", allowed the Muslims to land instead of fighting them, because the King had dishonored his daughter..Just a legend..
Well, when we see all those "noble" ancestors, let's not forget that the only nobilty is in the heart..Cheers

Private User
2/12/2013 at 10:41 PM

For Vicki Thomas; The Muslim armies took about 3/4 of the Iberian Peninsula, very fast.. After that, for 800 years, the escaped Christians and the territories of the Spanish North were at war with the Muslims. But, was such a long war, that they developed links of all kind..800 years..Many times the Muslim kingdoms were at war with each other, as the Christians kingdoms did too. Many times, the Christians armies would work as a mercenaries for one Muslim kingdom against the other, and many times they exchanged daugthers as a symbol of good will. Even powerful bands were convinced to convert to Islam.some stayed Muslim, some came back. At the time of Charlemagne there was a famous family of the Beni..something, that were Muslim for sometime, not forced to..The border moved back and forth for 800 years, but always going South at the end.
On a more personal note, I have seen the face (only) of ladies from Arab countries like Emirats and Baharein, Saudi Arabia in the stores of NYC, and some of them are specially beautiful.
We humans are all beautiful.

2/12/2013 at 11:49 PM

Part of the lineages - even the unusal ones
are related to the beliefs of our ancestors
-and, that should be respected
until it is proven to be wrong.

Showing 1-30 of 51 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion