Henry IV of England is your 24th great grandfather.

Started by Private User on Friday, August 16, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 241-270 of 328 posts

Jesus of Nazareth is Henry IV of England's 8th cousin 46 times removed!

"The Grail Secret of the Merovingians". A book published in Spanish under the title El Grial Secreto de los Merovingios" La Supervivencia de la Sangre Real. It's an academic research done by two young Spanish historians, Carlos Cagigal & Alfredo Ros. They discuss the various theories of the grial the one mentioned above by A Saarinen included.

A. Saarinen, Gustavo Ferrero Gómez, Brian Troy, Vicki Thomas

When I calculate ancestors I just start with my parents and double the number of ancestors for each generation. That comes out to 2 to the nth power. So, when you get to 64 generation back you have something like 18 quintillion ancestors. As Mr Gomez pointed out, at 25 generations the number overruns the population of the country. I doubt the entire existence of the human race has produced 18 quintillion. So, yes, many of the ancestors have to be the same people. Or, you can say we crossed many paths many times over.

As to our purposes, I'm not so much medieval trawling as just going way back, and even more in filling in details from lost family connections just a few generations back.

I am tracing grandparents, but often cousins give details. We do find cousins we never knew we had, and that is interesting, A. Saarinen is my 23rd cousin once removed. Gustavo Ferrero Gómez is my 21st cousin. Brian Troy is my 16th cousin. Philip Watkins is my 15th cousin once removed. Vicki Thomas is my 15th cousin. So many cousins, so easy to find.

Two cousins in Australia, but Vicki Thomas is in Wheaton Illinois, and was born in Oak Park Il. My aunt and godmother used to live in Oak Park, and I grew up in Oak Lawn. Which is close, but I also recently learned, my 1st cousin twice removed lived in Oak Lawn in 1992, and died in Chicago in 2000, at the age of 82. I never knew she was there. What I might have learned from her I will never know. I have a good probability I could establish links to a line that got cut off with the early death of a GGfather. DANG!

One thing I usually do is, when I discover a relationship to a cousin, I click on the connection link, find the final common ancestor, and research that back. I can get lost for hours doing just that.

Now A.Saarinen has posted more enticing links, and I have to chase them down and see what they lead to.

So back to work. Thanks again A. Saarinen.

Interesting. I found relatives in New Zealand. All this originated with one family in Scotland, some went to NZ, others came to the U.S.

So I read.....HOWEVER.... there may be an error in my lineage. Geni.com engine states that John King of Weymouth (c.1600 England -1669 MA) is the son of Catherine Drury King (1567-1617 Roscommon, Ireland). There is significantly conflicting information regarding this fact. Is there evidence that John King of Weymouth is indeed the John King, son of Catherine Drury King and ..... Sir Robert King .... or a Ralph King? I've found no evidence that Catherine Drury King was married to a Ralph King. Though I have several gateway ancestors to my royals, Catherine Drury King is my favorite. If she is not the mother of John King of Weymouth, I've lost that line, and my dear Catherine. I hope to find the truth.

Susan - a suggestion - start a discussion from that tab on her profile with your parent question. That way others can go right to the profile & perhaps offer some insight into the research question.

" Henry IV " of England is my 7th cousin 18 times removed. Please tell me about him , Was he a evil man or a glad King or what.???

Edward III, king of England

Edward III of England is your 19th great grandfather.

17th great uncle

24th Great Grandfather - :))

Henry IV of England is my 7th cousin 18 times removed.

Edward III of England is your 18th great grandfather.

www.geni.com/people/Edward-III-of-England
/6000000000202115160?through=5004605390570058208

Edward III Plantagenet, King of England is your 19th great grandfather.

www.geni.com/people/Edward-III-of-England
/6000000000202115160?through=5004605390570058208

Edward III Plantagenet, King of England is your 19th great grandfather.

Henry IV of England is your 12th cousin 18 times removed.

Ian: I note that your last name Winton is very close to the 8th baron of de Wilton John Grey....that's in my baliwick fyi...DCR see John Grey, 8th Baron Grey of Wilton

Henry IV of England is your 16th great uncle.

John Grey, 8th Baron Grey of Wilton is your first cousin 20 times removed.

Dale, Wilton does favor Winton. However I have this Goodspeed Genealogy document stating that my 4th Great Grandfather is of Scotch decent.

http://www.tngenweb.org/records/warren/history/goodspeed/bios.html

and I know my Winton family came to America Via Londonderry Ulster,Ireland which looks to be an area of Scottish settlers and not English. I seem to get all of my strong English roots from my grandmothers side of the tree.

P. H. Winton, farmer, was born in Coffee County, Tenn., August 13, 1841, the sixth son of Stephen and Susan (Sayne) Winton, who were both natives of Tennessee.******* The father was of Scotch descent, born in 1791,*******

http://www.tngenweb.org/records/warren/history/goodspeed/bios.html

I would say that they had to take my great grandfathers decent from some sort of record to be claiming that he is of Scotch decent?

http://surnames.enacademic.com/16634/Winton

The Scottish Wintons derive their name from the lands of Winton in the parish of Pencaitland, East Lothian.

So if this is correct I look to tie in with a Seton family, that looks like has several branches and very few with the surname of Winton according to Geni.?

Dale, all I have figured out so far is that my families name of "Winton" dates to Londonderry Ulster, Ireland 1740 household tax records, and as far as I know my family has always said are surname has always been Winton and have always been very proud of our families name. However maybe a thousand years ago it may have been Seton de Winton? This looks the closest to the history of my research and the closest family using this name around 1700 that would have went to Ulster, Ireland. It looks that there was a big fight around 1700 and a lot of this Seton family had there lands trespassed and vandalized so they raised hell and was in trouble for treason and lots of land was taken from the crown. This would be a pretty good reason to move to Ulster, Ireland around 1700-1740 and eventually to America.

This theory would also make since as to the first Winton marriages in America to Scottish families of Montgomery and Cunningham that are right next to the area of Winton East Lothian Scotland.

Reverend John Winton
Arabella Winton

John Alexander Montgomery
Mary Montgomery

It seems that if you was travelling to the other side of the world that you would automatically make strong ties with allied families to make a strong foundation in the new country. This is exactly what these marriages would be proving.

Henry IV of England is your 24th great grandfather.

Is their a dna project I can link with those doin the dna?

Ian, It sounds to me like you are making progress: The similar sounding names can be helpful in a general kind of way....keep looking in the surrounding areas as you have done....The Plantation in Ireland at Ulster had a nasty religious componet and the Catholics were being mistreated by the English overlords sent their way....one of whom is Sir John Perrott was the Irish Lt. Govenor before he was attained and sent to the tower....This while his 1/2 sister Elizabeth was queen....He came back to England without permission and got into hot water....clapped into the Tower where he died of NATURAL causes....I relate this story because my DNA signature on 25/25 match is in IRELAND and 3 in Scotland....and one in South Carolina 1650 when my ancestor Perrott fled Wales to America....John Perrott was a cousin to Catherine Perrott and well....who knows....Kind Regards DCR

Mr. Rice, Can you post the link to Sir John Perrott profile so I can have a look around?

Here you go: Sir John Perrott Elsbeth Perrot this is as close as I can get...follow her back to John I think...DCR

Thank Ian

Showing 241-270 of 328 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion