William "The Conqueror", King of England - Relation type !

Started by Shaun José Rodrigues on Saturday, February 18, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 58 posts
2/18/2017 at 6:02 AM

William "The Conqueror", King of England is my 24th great grandfather :

https://www.geni.com/path/Shaun-Jos%C3%A9-Rodrigues+is+related+to+W...

2/18/2017 at 7:43 AM

Hi Shaun, I see that we share some ancestors as William "The Conqueror" is my 28th great grandfather, Henry I my 27th g.g. and Henry II my 25th g.g.after which our lines separate. I cannot work out my relationship with you.

I am finding it fascinating to find these distant relationships around the world, throughout Europe, of course and USA; this week I discovered a distant cousin in Hiawia. Most surprising I suppose, is the long line of king's, earls, counts etc.,in my history and the the connections within their families.

As you have Henry I in your line, as he was married to Edith Matilda Canmore of Dunkeld 1079-1118 and therefore your 23rd G grandmother, you would have ancestry through her to the Scottish and Anglo Saxon King's to King Alfred The Great and beyond. I have these.lines so if I can help you with any of this, cousin, please ask me.

My best wishes,

Ken

Private User
2/18/2017 at 7:45 AM

Hello Shaun,
William "The Conqueror", King of England is my 24th great grandfather also.
You are; Shaun José Rodrigues is your 18th cousin thrice removed..
Hello cousin,
Joyce

2/18/2017 at 3:46 PM

Hi cousins I also have many lines traced back as royalty and Hebrews and Irish kings are all traceable through both side of my mom's family tree!

2/18/2017 at 3:50 PM

not only am i descended from one legitimate child of Henry I and William the Conqueror, but also from 3 of his concubines through their own husbands, and , as I have always loved Tarzan, I found one was Edith Greystoke!
I have also traced so many knights, including those with King Arthur?, but also many saints, and the Irish ones I love the most, as I was raised in Venice Beach by Scotch and Irish babysitters, when I knew not how much of these heroes and heroines of old were in my lineage!

2/18/2017 at 4:01 PM

ROBERT de CAEN 1ST EARL GLOUCESTER IS MY 24TH SO HENRY I IS MY 25TH!

2/18/2017 at 4:06 PM

28th Great Grandfather along with 4 other Monarchs of England in that line. Several others in the Plantagenet line. 18th Cousin (5X removed)
https://www.geni.com/path/Philip-Peck+is+related+to+William-The-Con...

Private
2/18/2017 at 5:01 PM

Hi Shaun! William the Conqueror is my 24th and 26th great grandfather, but it really depends on which line I trace him down. I am descended from him through my Scottish ancestors. My ancestor Elizabeth Fitzroy (his granddaughter) married Lord Fergus of Galloway (whose Scottish).

2/18/2017 at 7:13 PM

hello all who have replied so far .Richard Daly ... Philip Peck..Andi Bowe ..J D Bowen..Kenneth Duckworth and Shaun Rodrigues.. William was my 26th great grandfather and of course that makes us all related ..in some way..
so a big HELLO COUSINS .. I hope you are all well ....
I have clicked to follow you all ...Richard ..Andi.. Kenneth ...J D and Philip thru my mothers side and Shaun thru Dads side.... this family tree stuff is really interesting... to find so many relatives that are your grandparents that were kings Queens Princes of places all over the world from New Zealand to France England Scotland Ireland and many many more....
I was delighted to find I am related to Diana Princess of Wales and her boys William and Harry and Ellen De Generes .....have a great day all
your cousin Colleen although everyone calls me Kiwi so you can too if you wish....

Private
2/18/2017 at 9:22 PM

A big hello to you too Coleen and all my relatives on here! I am related to my favourite people George Orwell, Tilda Swinton and definitely Lady Diana. I'm also related to Kate Middleton through the Douglases.

I find genealogy really interesting, especially when I come to find the most unlikely ethnicities down the line. For example, through the Spanish royal side I have Jewish ancestry.

I find it interesting how celebrities, politicians and colonialists are descended from royalty and nobility. Maybe a genetic fearlessness of being in the spotlight or public speaking.

2/18/2017 at 10:51 PM

He is my 27th GR grand father!!!! And that ALSO makes US family! :)
Shaun José Rodrigues is your 17th cousin five times removed.

Greeting from the beautiful Cape Town. SA.!!!

2/18/2017 at 10:54 PM

I am also a descendant of ALL the French Kings... and some Spanish ones and even Italian ones... :) It is so ironic, because today we are battling to survive... but all of that because my mother's family (Jaubert/ Joubert later) were French Hugenots and left for South Africa... I suppose we cannot all win... :)

2/18/2017 at 11:01 PM

Richard Daly; Colleen Dorothy Maunsell; Philip Chester Peck; Philip Chester Peck; Kenneth Duckworth.... nice to meet so many COUSINS from far away!!! Best wishes to you all form the beautiful city of Cape Town, South Africa!!!!! :D

Private User
2/18/2017 at 11:35 PM

William "The Conqueror", King of England is my 25th great grandfather. Nice to meet you cousins

Private
2/19/2017 at 1:22 AM

Thank you Isabeau! Nice to meet you too! I see that your ancestor Elizabeth of York, Duchess of Suffolk and mine Edward IV are both siblings. I also notice that your deVillier is the ancestor of Charlize Theron.

2/19/2017 at 7:40 AM

Richard Daly Hi, yes that is interesting! I cannot say I am very crazy about Charlize Theron... even if she is from my country. She is very "plastic"... but anyway, I love this geni,com page!!! Meeting very interesting people...the other day I met a 16th cousin in Finland, one in Hungary and also in Norway! All places that I would love to visit. :)

Private User
2/19/2017 at 9:59 AM

One reason there are so many descendants of William the Conqueror is that his son Henry I was arguably the horniest of a number of horny old goats to sit on the throne of England. Henry set a record for "most illegitimate children of an English king", which neither Edward IV nor even Charles II even approached. >;-)

2/19/2017 at 11:28 AM

Maven B. Helms LOL for sure!!!

2/19/2017 at 9:09 PM

Another cousin of some sort. My 1stNorth American ancestor descendant of Wm the Conqueror is Louis DuBois of Flanders, I believe he was a silk merchant. But, as a Huguenot, had to get out of the Spanish Netherlands. He went to Mannheim which was creating a tax free situation for immigrants (hard to believe) since their population was killed off in another religious war! Ah religion.... so, he married and traveled to up state NewYork on the Hudson. It was no picnic there. Their town was burned by the Indians, woman and children captured, etc. It's interesting to see how many paths the descendants took.

2/20/2017 at 3:40 PM

My 24th great grandfather

Private User
2/20/2017 at 3:41 PM

William "The Conqueror", King of England is your great grandmother's husband's 7th great uncle's wife's husband's great uncle's wife's 12th great uncle.

2/20/2017 at 3:45 PM

My 27th great grandfather.

2/20/2017 at 4:09 PM

my 25th gg

2/20/2017 at 4:52 PM

He is my 24th great grandfather.

William "the Conqueror", king of England

2/20/2017 at 4:55 PM

@Roger Jacobs. I saw he was your 24th Great Grandfather as well so I checked our connection and we are cousins.
Roger JACOBS is your 11th cousin once removed.
You
→ Hugh Albert ALLEN, Jr.
your father → Arivella Baer-Allen-Harms
his mother → Chauncey Samuel BAER
her father → George Allen BAER
his father → Sallie BAER (Witmer)
his mother → Magdalena M. WITMER (Wanner)
her mother → Anna Nancy WANNER (Mosser)
her mother → Jacob MUSSER
her father → Hans John MUSSER
his father → Peter MUSSER (Moser), III
his father → Peter MOSER, Jr
his father → Peter MOSER, Sr.
his father → Andreas MOSER
his brother → Hans Moser
his son → Hans Adam MOSER
his son → Johann Martin MOSER
his son → Johann Phillip MOSER
his son → Maria Barbara EVERETT (Moser)
his daughter → Maria OSWALD (Everitt)
her daughter → Sarah WAGERS (Oswald)
her daughter → Adolphus WAGERS
her son → Sylvester William WAGERS
his son → Fern JACOBS (Wagers)
his daughter → Roger JACOBS
her son

2/20/2017 at 5:00 PM

Hello cousins , William "The conquerer" is my 29 grandfather,

Private User
2/20/2017 at 7:14 PM

William "The Conqueror", King of England is your 29th great grandfather

2/21/2017 at 12:11 PM

@debbie Bell you & I are 13th cousins
You
→ Jacqualin Jean Bullock
your mother → Harold Estel Smith
her father → Elfia Olive Schmidt
his mother → Olive Minerva Glazebrook
her mother → Joseph Hoover
her father → George Adam Hoover
his father → Johann Adam Huber
his father → Johann Jacob Huber
his father → Hans Bartholomaus Huber
his father → Hans Martin Huber
his father → Hans Huber
his father → Martinus or Martin Huber
his father → Martin or Martinus Huber
his father → Cunrad or Conrad or Konrad Huber
his brother → Katarina Verena (Huber) Bar
his daughter → Lorenz "Lenz" Bär
her son → Hans Bär, III
his son → Hans Heinrich Bär, II
his son → Hans Heinrich Bär/Baer
his son → John Michael Baer
his son → Rev. Martin Treichler Baer
his son → Abraham (Abram) G. Baer
his son → George Allen Baer
his son → Chauncey Samuel Baer
his son → Arivella Baer-Allen-Harms
his daughter → Hugh Albert Allen, Jr.
her son → Debbie Bell
his daughter show short path | share this path

2/21/2017 at 12:20 PM

William "the conqueror" is my 27great gpa.

Private
2/27/2017 at 1:27 AM

Oh thats happened to me before with Charlemagne. I think it really depends on who you look up, including which line the system acknowledges. So you may have looked up Williams cousin or something???

Showing 1-30 of 58 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion