Started by Private User on Monday, August 6, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 21 posts
Private User
8/6/2018 at 3:37 AM

I've got the three of mentioned profiles as my ancestors. Not really sure about Childeric, the path looks all right to me - but if you might check it out, please remove the "weak link". https://www.geni.com/path/K-Wody%C5%84ski-on-hiatus+is+related+to+C...

The same goes with my relation with Xerxes and King David, they both are connected with me through the Armenian kings. https://www.geni.com/path/K-Wody%C5%84ski-on-hiatus+is+related+to+K... But still, something isn't right? I'll also try to establish the border between fictuous and real genealogy and possibly cut the link - or if you know the one already, please do it. :)

Private User
8/6/2018 at 4:47 AM

Ok, to my path to King David I encountered one big gap, namely Adarnase I of Tao-Klarjeti - according to my research, there is no evidence about his ancestry whatsoever, so I disconnected him from his former parents (descendants of Xerxes, King David etc.).

There are probably other errors along the line, mainly the connection between the Romans and Armenians.

About Childeric - I'm not sure which profile would be incorrect. His line to the Popponids, or the later ones? Thanks for any assistance.

Private User
8/6/2018 at 6:50 AM

Ok, I think I've done it - neither Xerxes and King David are my ancestors now. I disconnected two profiles which were nothing more than a speculation (two wives of particular Armenian kings).
So now my earliest ancestor would be Gapt, Progenitor of the Amals ;)

As for Childeric, I think that his line to Cancor, count in Upper Rheingau is legit. Not sure about Cancor's son or grandson (two Heimrichs), though. Any ideas?

8/6/2018 at 7:58 AM

I started to look at it K, but Justin Durand 's the best one to spot blatant fantasy lines.

On the lines you did correct - don't forget to Relationship Lock the correct profiles so the errors don't get merged back in next week :-)

Private User
8/6/2018 at 8:07 AM

Thanks Sharon Doubell - will do that. :)

I also spotted I have a connection to Ramses the Great, which shouldn't be possible. I dealt with a few possibilities, cutting the links, but the connection doesn't want to get away that easily. ;) Right now it's stuck somewhere between France, Spain (Pamplona) and Al-Andalus rulers. :) Something's probably not right. But here I just don't want to guess where's the problem. https://www.geni.com/path/K-Wody%C5%84ski-on-hiatus+is+related+to+R...

8/6/2018 at 8:25 AM

Ramses the Great has a descent line to modern times? I love it! :-)
Ozymandias himself. I saw his temple at Abu Simbal.

Ramesses II 'The Great', Pharaoh of Egypt

8/6/2018 at 8:57 AM

Sorry folks. I am burned out on spotting and helping with these fake lines.

It is just a patch to keep fixing lines as they pop up. The curators as a group need to take on a project of cleaning up and policing the problem areas. And Geni needs to stop facilitating fantasy.

8/6/2018 at 9:07 AM

Agreed

Private User
8/6/2018 at 9:17 AM

Exactly. I kind of have a fresh energy so I'll try to take advantage of that. :) All in accordance with the sources, of course.

8/6/2018 at 9:32 AM

Thank you :-)
Relationship Lock wherever you research - it stops us having to do it all over again and again!

8/6/2018 at 9:53 AM

Karol, you'll be able to fix quite a few of the problems just using MedLands.
http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/

Private User
8/6/2018 at 11:14 PM

Thank you Justin Durand - it's very informative.
I've already seen one connection which, according to that site, is highly unlikely. But it's been there for 11 years (?) so I just didn't have the heart (or something else) to disconnect it. ;)
It's the parents of Berchtold I, Margrave in the Bavarian Nordgau . The website says, that:

" BERTHOLD (-after 938). In 938, Emperor Otto I placed the "bayerische Nordgau" in the hands of Berthold, administrator of the east Franconian districts of Radenzgau and Volkfeld[1115]. It appears chronologically unlikely that this was the same person as Berthold who died in 980, shown below.

BERTHOLD, son of --- (-15 Jan 980). According to Wegener[1116], Berthold was the son of Arnulf Duke of Bavaria [Luitpoldinger] although he cites no primary source to support this. From a chronological point of view, this seems unlikely. The children of Duke Arnulf must have been born between [910] and [930], which appears incompatible with Markgraf Berthold's only known marriage in [970]. According to Europäische Stammtafeln[1117], Berthold was the possible son of Graf Heinrich [alte Babenberger] and brother of Heinrich Archbishop of Trier. Graf im Radenzgau 960: "Otto…rex" donated property "in pago Ratinzgouue in comitatu Berchtoldi" held by "Diotmarus…soror ipsius…Gerbirg" to Kloster Drübeck by charter dated 10 Sep 960[1118]. Graf an der unteren Naab 961. Graf im Nordgau 961: "Otto…rex" donated property "hereditatis nobilis vir Diotmar…in loco Priemperch…in pago Nortgouue in comitatu Bertoldi comitis" to Regensburg St Emmeram by charter dated 4 Feb 961[1119]. "Otto…imperator augustus" granted property "Emmele et Winteriche in pago Muselgowe in comitatu Bertholdi comitis" to Kloster St Maximin, Trier by charter dated 8 Jan 966[1120]. Graf im Volkfeld 973. Markgraf 976. Graf des Östlichen Franken 980. The necrology of Fulda records the death in 980 of "Berahtolt com"[1121]. "

Private User
8/6/2018 at 11:19 PM

And as for my Ramses connection I'm done for now. Cutting Medieval links doesn't make it better, because the problem is probably somewhere in the ancient times. Or the connection between Burgundians to Romans and then to Babylonians and Pharaohs. :)

So probably somewhere here:

Adalbald I, comte d'Artois
his father → Saint Gertrude, abbess of Hamage
his mother → Theodebald I, duke of the Bavarians
her father → Agivald, duke of the Bavarians
his father → Regnaberga of the Burgundians
his mother → Godegisel, king of the Burgundians
her father → Sister of Ricimer
his mother → Ricimer
her brother → Alypia
his wife → Anthemius, Western Roman Emperor
her father → Procopius, Magister Militum
his father → Procopius, II
his father → Faustina
his mother → Flavia Julia Constantia
her mother → Constantius I Chlorus, Roman Emperor
her father → Claudia Crispina
his mother → Aurelia Pompeiana
her mother → Commodus Pompeianus
her father → Aurelia Lucilla
his mother → Lucius Verus, Roman Emperor
her father

Private User
8/6/2018 at 11:35 PM

My topic is already getting messy (just like the Medieval lines) - but it's more than interesting. While researching the Babenbergs (so the more likely parents of Berchtold I, Margrave in the Bavarian Nordgau - I found his potential parents, so Heinrich von Babenberg, Markgraf in Friesland and Ingeltrudis (Baba) de Frioul
According to the site, the latter two had a daughter Hedwig of Babenberg yet she is not connected to any parents. I wonder if it's right. The site provides the information that "Heinrich & his wife had four children:
1. HEDWIG [Hathui] ([850/55]-24 Dec 903). "Hathwiga" is named as wife of Otto in the Annalista Saxo, which in an earlier passage records that Heinrich I King of Germany was the son of the sister of Adalbert [Babenberg][97]. Her birth date is estimated from the birth of her third son in 876. The necrology of Fulda records the death in 903 of "Hadwih com"[98]. The necrology of Merseburg records the death "24 Dec" of "Hathuui mater Heinrici regis"[99]. m OTTO "der Erlauchte" Graf im Sudthüringau und Eichsfeld, son of LIUDOLF [von Sachsen] & his wife Oda [Billung] (-30 Nov 912[100], bur Gandersheim Stiftskirche). He was chosen to succeed Ludwig "das Kind" [Carolingian] as king of Germany in 911 but, according to Widukind, he declined on the grounds of his advanced age and recommended the election of Konrad ex-Duke of the Franconians[101].
[...]"

Other children of Heinrich and Baba are: Adalbert, Adalhard and Heinrich. They are already at Geni. Geni lists also a daughter, Adelinda / Egila von Babenberg , don't know if it's correct.

3/6/2019 at 5:20 AM

-In agreement with medlands, need assign mother as her brothers to Hedwig of Babenberg.
-[MP] Adelinda / Egila von Babenberg who is she?! I can report that the husband Eticho I, count in Ammergau's medlands say that the wife name is unknown.
- even the 3 coat of arms must be checked. A first quick check with google image:
- Eticho --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altdorf,_Lower_Bavaria
- Adelinda --> Russian!?
- Hedwig ---> Friuli! https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antichi_Stati_italiani#/media/File:Fr...
(screen MAP https://www.geni.com/photo/view/6000000036850731188?photo_id=600000... :)

Private User
3/6/2019 at 10:46 AM

Mas de 100 generaciones
Ramesses II 'The Great', Pharaoh of Egypt

Ramsés II 'El grande', el faraón de Egipto es el padre de la esposa del tío 36 de tu tío bisabuelo, el padre de la esposa del tío de la esposa del tío de la esposa del padre del tatarabuelo de la esposa de tu tío bisabuelo.

Private User
7/13/2020 at 3:55 AM

I found out to have 2000+ more ancestors than before (including Kain :) but apparently there is some mistake.

I think the weak link is the Byzantium line, namely - Monomakhina

First issue - did her father, Constantine IX Monomachos had in fact any issue? I can't find information about that.

Second issue - did her apparent father had a wife (and mother of Anastasia Irene) called Helena "Pulcheria" Skleraina?

Third issue - Anastia's maternal grandfather apparently was called Basileos Skleros, who was in turn a son of Romanos Skleros and Dadlallah Hamanid of Mosul Dadlallah Hamdanid of Mosul
Her Geni genealogy leads to Adam & Eve or Kain. I believe the line needs fixing. Are there any Byzantine expers to assist?

Monika Ehimhanre
7/13/2020 at 5:14 AM

I also got H30 my mtdna and T2... H30 IS MTDNA OF ADAM AND EVE...

Private User
7/13/2020 at 6:07 AM

I found information about the first issue I mentioned (in Medlands):

[MARIA] [Irena] ([1030/35])-1067). The Primary Chronicle refers to the wife of Vsevolod as "the Greek princess" but does not name her or give her origin[1694]. The primary source which states her name has not so far been identified. Apparently she and her marriage are not referred to in Greek sources. No doubt her belonging to the Monomachos family has been assumed, firstly because her son is generally known as "Vladimir Monomakh", and secondly because Emperor Konstantinos IX Monomachos ruled in Byzantium at the date of her marriage, but no information has been found to corroborate this. It is unlikely that she was the daughter of the Emperor Konstantinos himself as he is not recorded in Greek sources as having had children by any of his wives or mistresses, although her birth date range (estimated from the birth of her son in 1053) would be consistent with her having been the daughter of his second marriage. In particular, Psellos mentions no children in his detailed review of the events of his reign. The primary source which corroborates the date of her marriage has not so far been identified. m (1046) as his first wife, VSEVOLOD Iaroslavich of Kiev, son of IAROSLAV I Vladimirovich "Mudriy/the Wise" Grand Prince of Kiev & his second wife Ingigerd Olafsdottir of Sweden (1030-13 Apr 1093, bur Kiev St Sofia). In accordance with the terms of his father's testament, he succeeded in 1054 as Prince of Pereiaslavl. He was appointed to succeed his brother Sviatoslav as Prince of Chernigov 1073. He succeeded his brother in 1076 as VSEVOLOD I Grand Prince of Kiev, but was deposed in 1077 by his older brother Iziaslav, restored in 1078 after Prince Iziaslav's death.

https://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/BYZANTIUM.htm#MariaMonomachedied1067

7/15/2020 at 5:37 PM

With regards to Dadlallah Hamdanid of Mosul, historical sources mention a marriage agreement between Bardas Skleros and Abu Taghlib, but the specifics are not recorded. There is no indication here to back up this very specific marriage of Abu Taghlib's daughter to Romanos Skleros. We do not even know if the marriage agreement was between a Christian male and a Muslim female, or if it was the other way around. Her name is certainly not known at all.

Showing all 21 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion