Richard I, 'the Fearless', Duke of Normandy - This is the Master Profile for Richard I, 'the Fearless', Duke of Normandy.

Started by Rachel Kay Beal on Tuesday, September 25, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 30 posts
9/26/2018 at 7:12 AM

what is the purpose of this discussion?

9/28/2018 at 3:57 AM

I yhink somthing is wrong with this Profile,whuld Know what?

Private User
9/29/2018 at 6:22 PM

I'm sick of getting these same notices on profiles I follow only to see someone post, they're my granddaddy. GEEZE, just stop it already.

Private User
9/30/2018 at 4:40 AM

Now you are just being mean.

Private User
9/30/2018 at 6:47 PM

No, I'm not Judith. I've seen numerous people make the same suggestion. It fills our feed up. The discussions are not for, "I'm related to this person or that person". It's for legitimate discussion about the profile. Everyone is getting tired of getting these same notifications. If you call that being mean, then you've never been around a mean person in your life. I'm just asking people to stop this nonsense.

EVERYONE is related, so it doesn't make anyone more special than the next.

Private User
9/30/2018 at 9:50 PM

But arthur , it is not nonsense to some of us. Knowing how people are connect can sometimes help you know where you fit in to the scheme of things. It can give you a much need clue. It connect you with like minded people .and by the way know the meaning of mean and chastising a person in public firm lime this is mean. I felt embrassed for her. Just my opinion

Private User
9/30/2018 at 9:53 PM

Oh, and just so you kniw, i am your 9th cousin twice removed abd i have cousins. 1st cousins in the Raleigh aream

Private User
10/4/2018 at 9:46 PM

I don't care one bit if you're embarrassed for me. That's your problem Judith, not mine. As far as making connections that's why you can go to someone's profile and look at their tree. Not for spamming discussions. Unfollowing. Not wasting my time with you anymore. Get a life.

Private User
10/5/2018 at 4:17 AM

I am embarrassed for her not you. I probably would not go to a person's tree unless i saw something in a discussion that would trigger an interest.

Private User
10/5/2018 at 4:22 AM

Oh just to let you know , you are my 9th cousin twice removed. Through Doty. Sorry but we are related , a fact i would not have known or cared about except for this discussion.

Private
10/5/2018 at 6:25 AM

That was fun....

Private User
10/5/2018 at 3:17 PM

Not really but..........

Private User
10/5/2018 at 3:18 PM

Not really but..........

10/5/2018 at 7:43 PM

Take a chill pill

I think it allows us to see where our DNA meets in historical terms. And how many descendants there really are. I love finding out about cousins. And I don'"t have a

oops, the rest...a problem with these ancestors.

10/20/2018 at 5:27 AM

Somebody is a hater...…… It is both entertainment and historical relationships, if you don't have the ability to accept it, you should create your own private site and limit access to only who you want

10/20/2018 at 9:33 AM

thank you craig

Private User
10/20/2018 at 10:01 AM

Rachel i din't mind you posting you lines. I find it interesting

Private User
10/20/2018 at 10:04 AM

Craig i agree with you.

10/20/2018 at 12:24 PM

Seems to me there's two sides here to something that's just a personal opinion. What's truly odd is to call someone a hater because they'd rather not see messages that don't interest them. I would think that's something we could debate civilly without snarkiness and name calling.

Private User
10/20/2018 at 3:57 PM

Justin, like someone suggested before, when this first came up, is maybe you more tech people could set up domething that we eould do enjoying looking another tree znd post our own. That way we would be happy and fo would. And Arthur and others would not have to deal with it. I just do not understand why he doesn't't hit unfollow. It would be gone.

10/20/2018 at 4:05 PM

Judy, thanks. Much better way to approach this debate. I appreciate you taking the initiative.

I can't figure out a tech way to solve this. Maybe someone else can.

The problem is that if you're following your royal and noble ancestors -- which is something lots of people do -- you're going to see a message every time someone writes a message.

Depending how social you are, you might think that's fun or you might think that's just fluff.

I can't think of a way for the system to know what kind of message people are going to write, and whether everyone will be interested.

Hard to share ancestors, I think <grin>

Private User
10/20/2018 at 7:56 PM

Well, it is nice to compare. That is how you find out if and how you are connected.

Private User
10/20/2018 at 7:59 PM

Justin as much as i would like yo take credit for the idea. Someone else suggested the solution way back i. This discussion. I just though it was a great idea and figured i would bring it back up.

Private User
10/20/2018 at 8:00 PM

Surprise suprise i am not always aguementive, ha ha. I can be responsible.

Private User
10/20/2018 at 8:01 PM

Surprise suprise i am not always aguementive, ha ha. I can be responsible. And thank you.you made my day

10/24/2018 at 2:14 AM

thanks judith 😊

Private User
10/24/2018 at 6:39 PM

I think i meant reasonable

10/25/2018 at 3:19 AM

Lol 😊

Showing all 30 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion