Started by Private User on Thursday, April 16, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 16 posts
Private User
4/16/2020 at 7:18 PM

I am the person who's maternal DNA is L4b2b1, a grouping which never left Africa and is rare but mainly found in the Congo/Angola region. Although under Jannetje van Wijk a putative relationship with Maaij Claes Van Angola is mentioned, and I had set this relationship up in my Family Tree, my tree has been changed to now reflect Maria Bellardi on my Maternal line. This is almost impossible to be correct ?

4/16/2020 at 11:59 PM

Dear Noelene, not impossible at all, it only implies that Margaretha Hartog b3 SM was not the child of BELLARDI, but of Jannetje van Wyk, as suggested by the baptism on her record.

Margaretha Hartog, b3 SM

Abraham Hartog, SV/PROG

it is known that Abraham had a relationship with Jannetje.

"Mother: "[1700] 18 april Een kint van Jannetie van Wyk, onder getuyge van Claas Cornelis en Sara Leendertz, gen:t Margrieta" (www.familysearch.org).""

Waiting on others to give input please.

4/17/2020 at 2:24 AM

Private User, I adjusted a few of the decendancy connections with Abraham Hartog, but I did not change the bloodline of Jannetje van Wijk: she is still listed as the child of Maaije Claas van Angola.

Maria Bellardy was Abraham's first wife, and by no means the mother of all his children. He clearly was endowed with an enormous libido as well as charm.

All the changes I made were based on documents which are almost all available under the <ABOUT> and <SOURCE> tabs of the relevant profiles. As a matter of fact, I am also in Jannetje's bloodline, and I am a real pain where accuracy is concerned. Please have a look around and see if you spot any mistakes that I might have made (though I am confident that I didn't make any), which I should be happy to undo.

Please let me know, either through this discussion, or by personal message, whichever you prefer.

Stay healthy.

4/17/2020 at 2:38 AM

Private User, I just had another look at Margaretha's bloodline on geni. It seems that the merges changed her mother to Bellardy instead of Van Wijk. Is that the change you were referring to? If so, I can correct it. Just let me know.

Private User
4/17/2020 at 3:08 AM

Hi Private User,
I am extremely interested to hear you say that L4b2b1 is mainly found in the Congo / Angola region. Were you given this information with your DNA results/report?

The reason I'm surprised, is that on Maai Claesje's page, FFY reports "A direct matrilineal descendant of Jannetje van Wijk has tested positive for mtDNA haplogroup L4b2b - a rare group which current information suggests is centered in northwest Africa around Mali ". (http://www.e-family.co.za/ffy/g8/p8113.htm)

I wonder if they are referring to your Haplo result? And if their ref. to Mali is a mistake or comes from some other source?

Thanks, Ian

Private User
4/17/2020 at 5:13 AM

Hi Ian, yes the reference given from FFY does relate to me and resulted in them confirming the Matrilineal line back to Maaije.
The Mali reference was due to an autosomal (generalised) test done through Ancestry.com, but when I had my Maternal (mt DNA) test done with Family Tree DNA which came up with the L4b2b1, that marker is clearly identified with the Congo/Angola region.

Private User
4/17/2020 at 5:19 AM

Hi Herman, Thank you for adjusting the Maternal line to correctly show Maaij, it is all now correct
Thanks Noelene

4/17/2020 at 8:22 AM
4/17/2020 at 8:26 AM

Thanks for spotting that Noelene, and for fixing Herman.
The Congo info is very interesting. I'm going to invite you to the DNA Mapping of the Slave Routes to Southern Africa project https://www.geni.com/projects/DNA-Mapping-of-the-Slave-Routes-to-So....

4/17/2020 at 4:11 PM

I'm just glad you picked up on the mistake, Noelene. I missed it completely at the time.

Private User
4/18/2020 at 12:34 AM

A huge thanks for the explanation Noelene !!! The "van Angola" toponym was really puzzling for a possible Mali origin (Mali is as far away from Angola as Egypt is). But now everything fits perfectly. I think this is important info that needs to be added to Maaij Claesje's profile don't you agree Sharon Doubell ?

4/18/2020 at 12:39 AM

Yes indeed, Ian. If it's not there already - can you add it?

4/18/2020 at 12:44 AM

cf 'Maaij' Claesje van Angola - so this Discussion links to her page too.

Private User
4/18/2020 at 1:13 AM

Will do.

4/18/2020 at 11:11 PM

Thank you

4/19/2020 at 1:14 AM

Of concern is that there are other Hartog children and Margaretha b3 was the third (aka a middle child) which raises questions on the mother of the others, for me here especially of b4, there seem to be a significant "enough" gap between b4 and b5+.

Showing all 16 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion