Started by Mike Stangel on Tuesday, July 28, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing 8041-8070 of 8088 posts

Philipp E. Kafka

Done, please check.

Is correct, thank you.

reply to Susanna Barnevik - I am the granddaughter of Rabbi Myrim Hillel "Alter" Rappaport (Rapoport) and Chaya Rivka (Evelyn) Rappaport, and great-granddaughter of Ephraim Rapoport. I am aware that another family member (Daniel Jacobson, who is an in-law, not a descendant) has included my relatives in his tree. however, when I established my tree on geni, I CHOSE - for various privacy reasons - NOT to merge the trees or profiles.
Joel B is not a family member. but without asking permission from any family member, he decided to merge these profiles of my relatives, exactly opposite to what I had decided. I know that when merging profiles, the person doing the merging must decide which details to keep and which not to keep. how can Joel B make such a decision without even knowing anything about my family? I don't even know which details he decided to add or delete when he decided, on his own, to merge these profiles of my relatives.
Please confirm that all merges from the last few days in members of my tree have been undone and returned to what they were before. Thank you.

Karin Eriksdotter, Smedby

Unmerge please

Private User Done.

@leah Sapir: If a profile is public, it can be merged. The whole philosophy and idea behind Geni is working together, and yes, distant family (by blood or marriage) may have the same profiles and can help out, merge profiles etc. In the revisions tabs you can see which data is kept. If you want to have your own private family tree, you can set it on private, or perhaps Geni is not the place for you. There are plenty other sites for publishing your own family tree without others mingling with it.

Also a posibility if cooperative working on family trees is your goal, but you think certain profiles are complete and fully correct, opt them for a Master Profile

Private User - the @ often does not work. Maarten Alexander Brandts Buijs tried to tag you just above.

ATTENTION Curators, please assist

https://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000000187771316
JORGE PEDRO ARAMENDIA JAUME
He passed away on Thursday, February 17, 2022
— (RIP) — DIED IN THE PEACE OF THE LORD, COMFORTED WITH THE HOLY SACRAMENTS, ON FEBRUARY 17, 2022.— JUAN MIGUEL SILVA Y ROSAS AND DAYSI CASH DE SILVA Y ROSAS, AND SANTIAGO FONSECA MUÑOZ, PARTICIPATE WITH GREAT SADNESS DEPARTURE OF THE DEAR FRIEND AND ASK FOR A PRAYER FOR HIS SOUL. FUNERAL ALREADY CARRIED OUT.

Private User done.

Zombies need merged with adopted duplicate profile:
https://www.geni.com/search/matches?id=6000000041052670438&src=...

Please unmerge Servatius von Ende

Susanna Barnevik thank you so much

Private User Please get in touch with customer service if you want your tree private, this is not something I can help you with. The idea with Geni is to merge all duplicates. I f you don't want your tree merged this can be arranged. If your tree already is merged into the World Family Tree your profiles will turn up as duplicates for your relatives and in-laws that share the same profiles as you have. Please turn to help (below) and customer service for further assistance.

/Susanna

Please unmerge

Chana Guta Sora Goldberg from
Chana Sora Goldberg (Gellman)

Thanks a lot

Can you please reverse this accidental merge of twins I did today.

Harry (twin) Schlesinger

Thank you so much

Please unmerge Jean-Francois Langlois

Private User

Done.

Abe (twin) Schlesinger was unmerged from Harry (twin) Schlesinger.

Unmerge on Geni is not an exact science, so please make sure the right photo is on the right profile etc

Private User Jean-Francois is not merged, did you maybe post the wrong link/profile?
Best, Susanna

I'm seeing tree matches for 3 Washington relatives - at least one of them I know to be locked down.
Hannah Washington
Augustine Washington, Sr.
John Augustine Washington

I won't touch Washingtons.

Can you please add these two daughters:

Joan Youngs
Joan Yonges

Margaret Ibrook
Margaret Ibrook

To parents Thomas Gentleman / Jentelman and Christian Cock:

Thomas Jentelman

Source:

Leslie Mahler, FASG, Robert Battle, FASG, Three Great-Migration Gentlewomen: Sisters Margaret (Gentleman) Ibrook, Susan (Gentleman)(Hunter) Hollingsworth, and Joan (Gentleman)(Herrington)Youngs of Southwold, Suffolk, and Massachusetts) in The American Genealogist (2020) Vol 91.4 p 250+

Thanks!

Showing 8041-8070 of 8088 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion