ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Mike Stangel on Tuesday, July 28, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing 121-150 of 8088 posts

Please remove the parental link between Samuel Kwame Gyebi and Afua Aku

https://www.geni.com/family-tree/canvas/6000000143773551968

I can't afford to pay for Geni Pro, so I can't merge my duplicates. Can one of the curators merge them for me, please? All merging should be free!

Tammy Lynn Driver your comment does not correlate to my experiences of several years using Geni prior to becoming a curator, Basic (free) members can merge profiles. Can you give an example of a pair of duplicates which you cannot merge, perhaps we can work out what the issue is for you.

Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 unmerged. What about the father?

Private User done.

@Alex Moes https://www.geni.com/list?focus_id=6000000145053502836&group=an...

When I click on "similar profile", so I can view and merge, it takes me to a payment page. How do I merge my duplicates, without having to pay?

Thank you very much Alex.

Is there any way to remove here email iut of here name? SHe is an inactive member now

I do not think it is appropriate to be within the name fields and visible

Judith "Judi" Elaine (McKee) Burns what profile are you talking about?

We probably won't be able to help if it's a Claimed profile but I'm happy to take a look and worst case scenario we can Report her and request Staff to do the edit.

Tammy Lynn Driver i don't think the link works for me but your comment is giving me a good idea.

The link to a similar profile doesn't work as Geni would like you to pay and this is one of the main features that Geni offers paying members as an incentive.

If you can get to both profiles you can indeed merge them, it is the short cut to the duplicate profile that does not work for basic users. If you can find the duplicate profile without using the short cut you will be able to merge (or at least set up and request a merge if the other manager's permission is required).

Gijsbertus Liepkes Zijlstra

please undo the merge I just did.

thank you

Eliyahu Neiman,

Done.

Private User,

Take a look at the actual revision: https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=78708697550 and see if the merge still needs to be undone.

Kevin

@Kevin Lawrence Hanit

It's ok, forget the unmerge.

Sorry for the trouble

Private User,

No problem and that's why it's best for you to give us a direct link to the revision, that contains the actual merge that you want undone. Doing this makes you look at the merge before asking us to help you out.

Kevin

Please remove Fejgel Zeligman Faigel Zeligman as the wife of her father in law, Jakob Lewek Holcman Jakob Lewek Holcman.
Her true husband is Elais Josek Holcman

Kristi Davis,

Done.

Kevin

How can I change the home person on my tree to me from my husband? Any relative is listed by his relationship rather than mine (ie my Mom is listed as Mother-in-law and I am listed as Wife). It is my tree with my family & email address but his name is on profile. He doesn't use the tree at all

Alex Moes it was the profile of Private User I was made manager of the profile somehow and was able to take the email our of her name it probably did not opt into the request since the email was in there - thank you

Erica Howton

You did create one of them, please fix the mess.

Ex-husband of two profiles, that is one and the same.

Doug Emhoff, Second Gentleman of the USA

Kerstin Jennifer Emhoff
Kerstin Jennifer Emhoff

Alex Moes Thank you for unmerging...Yes, I think the father is an issue as well but it will take me a bit to figure them out. Can you or someone look at this? I cannot see to work on it with the private but will revisit:
Agnes Penquite Rogers (Vance)

https://www.geni.com/people/Ulf-Martinsson/600000002404721596

We are waiting for the merge request to be accepted by the original manager of a private profile. I will disconnect the profile with parents from the husband, but I cannot force the merge.

Erica Howton

Renee Stern Steinig
is also a curator, maybe you could adress her?

This is often a great problem, recently, and this can act as an view of the problem.

https://www.geni.com/path/Douglas-Emhoff+is+related+to+Renee-Stern-...

Someone, not related, creates living profiles, and becomes at the ssame time, a giant breaking pad in giving them their ancestry, as they often, too often, just adds a single mother with no or unconnected living status parents.

It happens that thoose people, first mangager and creators of a profile, seems just to collect people of public interest for themselves, and therefor, often, are not willing to merge them in a proper way. I'm not accusing the above curators for doing exactly just this, but since the curators possibility of merging living people, (not active users) was taken away, this problem will become a bigger problem for this site as times passes, with a result of several hundreds of duplicates just sitting there side by side without any solution in sight. I brought this up, because it's not right.

The easy solution to solve this, would be for Geni to have controll over these profiles by throwing out existing managers, merge the copies, have them private if not public, and only open them up for the person himself who claims that this is him or her if they ever became a member on this site...highly doubtful anyway...

Private User Renée approved the merge request and I was then able to complete. I had needed to approve the “private - private” side as well. New rules are confusing and I don’t often work in the privacy zone so I don’t understand them well yet.

I’ve found one set of Scandinavian immigrants if you’d take a look - we should be able to take therm back further,

Oscar S. Lofgren & Anna M. Lofgren

Alex Moes That's just it. I should be able to view and merge my ancestors duplicate profiles without having to pay anything! I'm on a fixed income, and can't afford to pay. I guess someone else, who can afford to pay, will have to merge the duplicates.

Alex Moes Why doesn't Geni offer a monthly subscription fee, instead of forcing people to cough up $119 all at once? Those of us on a fixed income might be able to do it, if if was say $10/mo. It would be a tiny bit more that way, but easier to manage for those of us on a fixed income.

Can someone please help merging the profiles of Getzel Rapoport and duplicates in his tree? He has two parents, but in fact both profiles are for his father and need to be merged. Thank you!

Thank you, Private User !

Please undo the merge I just did on Hannah (Honor) Stansbury. I hit yes instead of no. Thanks.

Private User, merge undone/

Showing 121-150 of 8088 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion