Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 8 posts
9/22/2020 at 9:12 PM

are they correct
Daughter of Herbastus de Crepon and Cynthia D'obatrides de Crepon

Private User
9/23/2020 at 5:49 AM

The MP for the duplicate, hypothetical profile, Herbastus de Crépon (hypothetical person) does not list her as his daughter.

The duplicate, Herbastus de Crepon was recently created specifically to represent her father (i.e. rather than simply connect her directly to the MP which already existed).

Private User
9/23/2020 at 5:53 AM

The recently created 'ancestry' for Sibell de St. Martin appears to be completely fabricated.

J P Weyers
9/23/2020 at 6:00 AM

" The recently created 'ancestry' for Sibell de St. Martin appears to be completely fabricated. "
I see this too often on GENI .
Yet when I ask anyone get told : Well if you have proof that this is NOT true present it .
Do you have any source to prove this NOT right . If not keep out of it .
Even by curators on GENI .
So basically anything goes on GENI it appears . I mean that hypothetically ----

9/23/2020 at 3:20 PM

fabricated. i removed it for you

10/3/2020 at 1:53 AM

Re "Yet when I ask anyone get told : Well if you have proof that this is NOT true present it .Do you have any source to prove this NOT right . If not keep out of it .
Even by curators on GENI ."
This makes me cross to hear. There is a burden of proof required for data.

10/3/2020 at 2:25 AM

In Fairness to the Curator's they do a wonderful job considering what they must work with- every day, and Geni.com still the best place. Of course, we must provide sources and documentation if we are challenging a profile as being false. good grief. - It's of course to the person challenging the profile. easy to prove if you know it to be fabricated, then you would know your ancestry well enough to assist.

I had to find docs several times to refute a few extra children, quite q bit of work, but just a part of working together. I personally think all profiles should have proper docs to be allowed to merge, it would solve many bad merges, but impossible to enforce.

Best to volunteer to assist and report kindly to appropriate blogs on here, we have the places. I certainly have had no problems when I report in the proper place Mike Stangel set up - all is taken care of.

Everyone, that volunteers on Geni are nice and helpful. Yes, I've found things on Geni, but even more on Family Tree, Ancestry.com and Wkitree these days, as well.

We all must work and assist the curators, they're volunteers, they don't for us, this is a collaborative effort to preserve the records the best possible we can together as a team.

We have so many profiles that need documentation, we don't have time to complain, just report to appropriate blog nicely and get to work,

J P Weyers
10/3/2020 at 2:42 AM

Yes Sharon -- exactly what I feel.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion