Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 92 posts
Private User
12/17/2009 at 2:58 AM

This discussion topic is dedicated to those who are not Pro members and need the help of Pro members to break connections in the tree, or does not have permissions enough or simply don't dare to do it them selves.

Read about this feature here: http://forum.geni.com/topic.php?id=55161

Post your requests here, and make clear which connection you want to break.

Before posting a request: Please double check if the bad connections is caused by a bad pending merge on one of the profiles. Undoing that merge is the best solution to fix it. You should also merge as many profiles as possible first.

Private User
12/17/2009 at 4:38 AM

NOTE: To stop notifications from this topic: Click on the Unfollow link at the top.

You should also consider changing your notifications setting:
http://www.geni.com/account_settings/notifications

Private User
12/17/2009 at 6:53 AM

Thanks for the info...I too am a Pro member and still need help sometimes.
I need to ask you some other questions about our tree sometime.
Have a great holiday season,
T

12/17/2009 at 10:34 AM

Bjorn, I'm a Pro member (althoughnot a pro at geni!) but I'd be willing to help anyone who needs my permissions or whatever.

12/17/2009 at 1:16 PM

I think I got the wrong parents out. At least it says it did. HTH!

Private
12/17/2009 at 1:24 PM

Thank you! You would think I could figure these things out by now. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't.

Private User
12/25/2009 at 3:43 PM

Judith de Flandre:
Judith of Flanders
Her correct parents are Baudouin 'le Barbu' IV de Flandre and Eleanore de Normandie - can sb PLEASE remove the others? Some technical error prevents me from fixing this.

Private User
12/26/2009 at 12:50 AM

@Guro - Since both profiles are claimed and none of you are Pro you have to ask help@geni.com to cut that connection.

A Pro family member can however help you if you temporary open up for family members to modify your profile, and from what I can see you should ask Pål Fredrik to help you, but I am a bit uncertain if he needs access to both of you.

12/26/2009 at 3:52 AM

- I needed access to both profiles, so Guro sent an e-mail to help@gmail.com

12/26/2009 at 1:30 PM

Dear Mikael
Have you tried first undoing the merge, and then chose the correct set of parents?
If it's OK with you I could try doing it on my own.
Ofir

12/26/2009 at 2:05 PM

Dear Mikael
Ok problem solved, at least part of it.
During the merge process some mistakes were made, such as merging her father with her half brother; which caused the problem.
I've needed to undo all the merges in Birggita profile, in order to solve this problem
BTW some of the merges dates are quite old.
Have you tried sending a collaboration request to all the many different managers of similar profiles in that tree section?
That could solve some problems in the future of doing such a big merge on Geni.
Good Luck with this huge merging project.
All the best
Ofir

Private User
12/31/2009 at 4:54 AM

Alice Gooch
Alice or Joanna Gooch
Managed by Kristal Fawcett
Kristal Amber Fawcett

Currently linked as a spouse to her son Henry Tuttle. [1612-1650] http://www.geni.com/profile/index/6000000000770121087
instead of her husband Henry Tuttle [1580-1618]
Henry Tuthill, of Tharston

Aim ultimatley is to merge this profile with an exisitng merge group of Alice Gooch which will align the profile correclty
Alice or Joanna Gooch

Sorry to ask as would ordinarily do it myself but for Kristal...

Many Thanks
David

12/31/2009 at 6:34 AM

Dear David
First of all I See that Alice Gooch is a zombie and maybe this could be part of the problem you have with this big merge.
Second as I wrote before to Mikael Lindgren, you should try undoing all the merges , then correct the relationship.
also, it is best that you first try contacting and
collaborating with as many managers, as you can, on that part of the tree, otherwise, the task of completing such a big merge would be almost impossible
Have a Great Upcoming Year
Ofir

Private User
12/31/2009 at 6:57 AM

Ofir,

Thanks. The key issue is that the Alice Gooch profile is restricted access so I cant do much at all. She is otherwise from what I can tell a standalone so seperation & reassignement should be straightforward as well as necessary.

Undoing the merges in this case would not be productive [I did look at this] as the issue [ie Alice Gooch as spouse to her son] is only with this profile and as mentioned it remains restricted in access to Kristal

And as many have told me contacting Kristal is verboten! Hence the request.

Best wishes for the New year as well!
David

Private User
1/1/2010 at 10:45 PM

@Ofir Friedman

Hi Ofir, trust I was able to explain - Are you able to assist? Still have Alice married to her son. Very Oedipus!

1/1/2010 at 11:45 PM

Dear David
Do you know if Kristal is active on Geni at all, or are you just helping her?
I've just sent her a joint management request as well as request to collaborate with her.
I still think the main issue here is that Alice Gooch is a zombie; therefore any removal of wrong connections is a big problem for us.
Another thing on my mind is during my intensive work on the site I've noticed that there are some managers who aren't very cooperative, to say the least.
Such issue means that every huge merge work such in royalty & nobility or other famous people could never be completed and it's complicated things for those of us who are very much active on the site.
This issue is very frustrating for me and today I've done something about it;
I've created another profile, and removed; NOT DELETED, almost all the family connection to the new profile.
Although I'm trying very hard not to create duplicates on the site, sometime I don’t have a choice, and after I've waited at least a month I don’t have a choice but to add similar profiles .
To be continued…
Ofir

Private
1/2/2010 at 7:52 AM

The only one who has access to profiles managed by Kristal Fawcett is Private He cannot take care of zombie profiles though he is just a collaborator and she has a lot of them. It is best just to message him regarding her non-zombie profiles.

Private User
1/2/2010 at 8:10 AM

Thanks Laura - that explains a lot. Shame though - this means this will hang there for ever more now.

Ofir, I think I'm beginning to feel your [and many others here] pain!

1/2/2010 at 8:40 AM

I've been in touch with Geni help lately trying to figure out why in some cases, although I'm collaborating with one manger and in some cases even in the same family group as that manger, I still can't do anything regarding zombies on Geni. now in one case we've figure out that the problem caused by how the information was uploaded to the site however this is not apply to all cases ,another option could be linked to the manger's permissions settings, but again not apply to all cases. I've come to a partial conclusion (is this the right phrase?) that, if you can, it would be best, if you don’t' mind doing so, to collaborate and to be in the same family group.
About the issue Kristal's profiles, as I've explained before, there is something that could be done about it and such in other cases, but you need to be very careful in doing such actions on the site. The more I think about it I think that there should be some kind of, let's say, public ranking, or notification of the status of a manger on Geni. (That should be visible to all people)
Maybe that could tell us if he even been active on the site or not, and also It would let you know if some profiles aren't even worth merging.
Again to be continued…

1/2/2010 at 2:28 PM

@Ofir, to echo Laura, Richard is "the man" when it comes to merging for people! He's helped me out a ton.

1/3/2010 at 5:23 PM

Denise ... check here, professional genealogist site, this the Elizabeth Baker married to Chase:

http://aleph0.clarku.edu/~djoyce/gen/report/rr04/rr04_284.htm#P59285

9076. Elizabeth Baker. Born ca 1647 in Yarmouth, MA. Elizabeth died on 16 May 1706 in Swansea, MA.

Children of John and Elizabeth (Baker) Chase, born at Yarmouth:
i. William Chase, b. 8 Jul 1668, d. Sep 1771 at Harwich, m. 2st at Yarmouth 20 Sep 1715 Dorcas Baker (b. 15 Nov 1696 at Yarmouth, d. about 1745 at Harwich, dau. of William & Mary Baker), m. 2nd at Harwich 15 Oct 1747 Patience Walker (b. ca. 1710, dau. of Jabez & Elizabeth Walker);
ii. John Chase, b. 16 Apr 1675;
iii. Thomas Chase, b. 20 Aug 1679, d. 20 Nov 1767 at Dennis, MA, m. ca. 1703 Sarah Gowell;
iv. Jonathan Chase, b. ca. 1692, d. 20 Jul 1743 at Newport, RI, Capt., m. at Barnstable 6 Jul 1709 Sarah Green, resided at yarmouth and Newport;
v. Jeremiah Chase, d. at Harwich, m. at Yarmouth 20 Jan 1799 Hannah Baker (b. at Yarmouth 20 Jan 1699, dau. of John & Hannah (Jones) Baker); and
vi. Isaac Chase, d. 22 May 1759 at Yarmouth, m. 1st there 23 May 1705 Mary Berry (d. about 1726, dau. of John & susannah Berry), m. 2nd at Yarmouth 28 Jun 1727 Charity (Pease) O’Kelly (widow of Jeremiah O’Kelly).377

Elizabeth married John Chase, son of William Chase (ca 1627-27 Feb 1684/5) & Elizabeth Holder. Born on 6 Apr 1649 in Yarmouth, MA.377 John died in Yarmouth, MA, on 27 Feb 1683; he was 33.

John was a soldier in King Philip’s War in 1675.377

Their children include:
21186 i. John Chase (16 Apr 1675-26 Nov 1755)
21187 ii. William Chase (8 Jul 1680-Sep 1771)

1/3/2010 at 5:31 PM

BTW, Denise, not sure where you live, but I live in New England, so Yarmouth is on Cape Cod, Swansea is in SE MA (near Providence RI), while Ipswitch is in the NE corner of MA, from a 1600's perspective, quite far apart.

1/4/2010 at 6:35 AM

Denise ... done, please check.

Private User
1/4/2010 at 3:57 PM

I see a problem with the profile for "Robert de Brus, 5th Lord of Annandale" (Robert de Brus, 5th Lord of Annandale). His parents should be "Robert de Brus, 4th Lord of Annandale" and "Isabel Huntingdon," but somehow he's gained an extra (and incorrect) set of parents: "Robert de Ros, 1st Baron de Ros" and "Isabel d'Aubigny." Despite the similar first names, they were not the same people.

When I try to assign the correct parents, I get the error about splitting the tree. Can one of us correct this error? Thanks!

1/4/2010 at 4:06 PM

Maatthew, could you give me the correct names of the parents of Robert de Brus, 5th Lord of Annandale. I have him in my personal records with His wife, Isabel huntington, along with children. But i have not recorded a set of parents for him. I do, however, have parents for isabel. (Robert is a 20th g-grandfather and Isabel is a 19th g-grandmother to me.) Thanks, Vance

Private User
1/4/2010 at 4:22 PM

Hi Vance, here are the correct parents of "Robert de Brus, 5th Lord of Annandale":
"Robert de Brus, 4th Lord of Annandale" ( Robert de Brus, 4th Lord of Annandale )
"Isabel Huntingdon" ( Isabel of Huntingdon )
His wife was Isabel de Clare (of Gloucester and Hertford).

Thanks for your help clearing this up!

Private User
1/7/2010 at 12:34 AM

have a look at the Roglo data base http://roglo.eu

1/13/2010 at 5:27 PM

Shmuel, Broken.

1/20/2010 at 1:31 AM

@shmuel: father removed

Private User
1/20/2010 at 7:04 AM

Has anyone tried to remove the incorrect set of parents from "Robert de Brus, 5th Lord of Annandale"? I still see the incorrect parents ("Robert de Ros, 1st Baron de Ros" and "Isabel d'Aubigny") in his profile. I mentioned his correct parents earlier in this discussion.

Here is the profile for Robert de Brus, 5th Lord of Annandale:
Robert de Brus, 5th Lord of Annandale

Showing 1-30 of 92 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion